Question if it is ASD if we mixed developmental disorders

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 10:02 pm

Can Unspecified Neurodevelopmental Disorder, Unspecified Communication disorder, Speech Sound disorder, Language disorder, Developmental Coordination disorder and Stereotypic Movement disorder be a form of Autism?

It's just if you at least mix Unspecified Neurodevelopmental Disorder, Unspecified Communication disorder, Speech Sound disorder, Language disorder, Developmental Coordination disorder and Stereotypic Movement disorder.

It will look like Autism

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 4:08 am

FranzOren wrote:
Can Unspecified Neurodevelopmental Disorder, Unspecified Communication disorder, Speech Sound disorder, Language disorder, Developmental Coordination disorder and Stereotypic Movement disorder be a form of Autism?

It's just if you at least mix Unspecified Neurodevelopmental Disorder, Unspecified Communication disorder, Speech Sound disorder, Language disorder, Developmental Coordination disorder and Stereotypic Movement disorder.

It will look like Autism

There are alot of disorders than can look like autism for a variety of different reasons. The equestion is not whether they can look like autism but what is the difference between whatt looks like autism and what is autism. Ultimately it's the cause. An, good example is extreme cases of abuse and neglect can mimic any numbeb rof disorders including autism. Even can mimic developmental disorders in extreme cases. But the difference is Developmental disorders are genetic. THat was cause by environmental factors. So the differecne is the cause. I'd also like to pointout if they'd be enough to appear to be autism i'm not so sure if they'd be diagnosed with unspecified neurodevelopmental disorder.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 11:38 am

Thank you

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 11:42 am

Pieplup wrote:
FranzOren wrote:

It will look like Autism

There are alot of disorders than can look like autism for a variety of different reasons. The equestion is not whether they can look like autism but what is the difference between whatt looks like autism and what is autism. Ultimately it's the cause. An, good example is extreme cases of abuse and neglect can mimic any numbeb rof disorders including autism. Even can mimic developmental disorders in extreme cases. But the difference is Developmental disorders are genetic. THat was cause by environmental factors. So the differecne is the cause. I'd also like to pointout if they'd be enough to appear to be autism i'm not so sure if they'd be diagnosed with unspecified neurodevelopmental disorder.

Developmental disorders can also be caused by environmental factors

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 3:57 pm

Pieplup wrote:
FranzOren wrote:

It will look like Autism

Autism is defined by its symptoms, not by its cause.

Some people with autism have an uncommon combination of number of somewhat common alleles, whilst other people with autism have rare mutations. Two very different things, swept under the same rug of autism. Everything that is considered autism now probably *isn't* the same condition with one cause.

Right now I'm thinking that there might be an autistic phenotype that doesn't get picked up as clinically diagnosable autism, but if there is an additional condition can be tipped over into being clinically significant. Consider that many symptoms of autism can be induced in neurotypicals if you subject them to enough stress...

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 5:04 pm

I agree

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 5:06 pm

Magneto wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
FranzOren wrote:

It will look like Autism

Autism is defined by its symptoms, not by its cause.

Some people with autism have an uncommon combination of number of somewhat common alleles, whilst other people with autism have rare mutations. Two very different things, swept under the same rug of autism. Everything that is considered autism now probably *isn't* the same condition with one cause.

Right now I'm thinking that there might be an autistic phenotype that doesn't get picked up as clinically diagnosable autism, but if there is an additional condition can be tipped over into being clinically significant. Consider that many symptoms of autism can be induced in neurotypicals if you subject them to enough stress...

I agree!

It makes sense!