Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:54 pm

I just don't like it here anymore. Good bye.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:55 pm

What is wrong?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:57 pm

PM me if you're bored elsewhere ~

... It's not like WP is just forums...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 9:10 pm

I'm just tired of the drama and the bullying, and I'm tired of certain people who set me off and make me feel like a bully myself. Most of all I'm just tired of the obsession over Trump, not just here but everywhere I look on the internet including FaceBook and YouTube. There are some truly INSANE people believing the absurd conspiracies that come out of Trump's mouth. Facts and Truth are now being corroded to the point that I don't know what to f*****g believe anymore.

I just really hate people right now. I no longer feel like dealing with anybody who is not family or a close friend anymore. And even my own family I can barely tolerate.

I'm fed up. With everything. If I have to keep listening to Trump supporters call Democrats terrorists and say that they should all be locked up or killed or hear about BLM protestors burning down cities and tearing down statues because they think all white people are evil and racist and that they should all just roll over and die for years of black oppression I think I might seriously consider suicide again. And I'm sorry but I'm not letting either of these groups of collective narcissists do that to me. I don't care what anybody thinks of what I have said in the past anymore. f**k everybody!

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 9:16 pm

Stay or go, do what's best for your mental well being. I'm sorry you're feeling bad^10.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 2:31 am

It saddens me that PPR functions less as a debate but rather a battleground in which aggression and dogmatism regularly swamp reason and judgment - (this is a general comment and not aimed at you personally) - and there is this toxic notion seeping into PPR more and more lately that its ok to personally attack perceived "enemies". Of course it stresses people out. Perhaps it's time that all posters there stepped back and reviewed any contribution they may have made to the toxicity there. No one wins from this continual baiting back and forth, all that does is generate heat and no light whatsoever. The sneering that I see there has no place - even PPR - on the support forum that WP essentially is. I am describing the dynamics there at that moment generally, not anyone in particular.

Take some time out, and/or stay in calmer forums while you recover from the stress.

You won't be the only one feeling very stressed by it, I am sure.

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

15 Sep 2020, 2:52 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
I'm just tired of the drama and the bullying, and I'm tired of certain people who set me off and make me feel like a bully myself. Most of all I'm just tired of the obsession over Trump, not just here but everywhere I look on the internet including FaceBook and YouTube. There are some truly INSANE people believing the absurd conspiracies that come out of Trump's mouth. Facts and Truth are now being corroded to the point that I don't know what to f*****g believe anymore.

I just really hate people right now. I no longer feel like dealing with anybody who is not family or a close friend anymore. And even my own family I can barely tolerate.

I'm just about there myself.... To say nothing about the rumors about HAARP and US government weather control, the one about COVID being a myth [for what actual motive, I can't even venture to guess] the flat earthers [again, why? so Rand McNally can sell globes to schools?], whether Obama and Hillary are reptilian lizard people or vampires or witches who drink the blood of missing children [pick a lane, right?]. Taking a "Trump break" nowadays basically means trying to enjoy solitude [which gets easier with each passing year] because even those who dislike/hate him seem to talk about him just as much as those who think he's some sort of messiah. When you have cool pets and try to be a great person, you can indeed be in good company even by yourself for awhile. The hardest part of being temporarily unemployed and single isn't the extra time on my hands or not having a partner, it's the fact that all of my close friends have jobs and/or partners and kids. Nobody has time anymore at my age, except for me and my one close friend who is divorced and on disability.

Quote:
I'm fed up. With everything. If I have to keep listening to Trump supporters call Democrats terrorists and say that they should all be locked up or killed or hear about BLM protestors burning down cities and tearing down statues because they think all white people are evil and racist and that they should all just roll over and die for years of black oppression I think I might seriously consider suicide again.

Don't let them win. They try to bury us, but if we keep our roots fed, and let our leaves get the good light in growing seasons, we can survive even the harshest winters.

Quote:
And I'm sorry but I'm not letting either of these groups of collective narcissists do that to me. I don't care what anybody thinks of what I have said in the past anymore. f**k everybody!

I barely know anyone here, but I like you. I read much more than I post... Hope to see you return when things calm down a bit.

“Politics is the art of controlling your environment.”
― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 3:13 am

B19 wrote:
It saddens me that PPR functions less as a debate but rather a battleground in which aggression and dogmatism regularly swamp reason and judgment - (this is a general comment and not aimed at you personally) - and there is this toxic notion seeping into PPR more and more lately that its ok to personally attack perceived "enemies". Of course it stresses people out. Perhaps it's time that all posters there stepped back and reviewed any contribution they may have made to the toxicity there. No one wins from this continual baiting back and forth, all that does is generate heat and no light whatsoever. The sneering that I see there has no place - even PPR - on the support forum that WP essentially is. I am describing the dynamics there at that moment generally, not anyone in particular.

Take some time out, and/or stay in calmer forums while you recover from the stress.

You won't be the only one feeling very stressed by it, I am sure.

Well said.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 5:03 am

I am sad to lose another intelligent and interesting member.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2020, 2:34 am

Sylkat wrote:
I am sad to lose another intelligent and interesting member.

Fear not! I'm not going anywhere. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2020, 2:43 am

so far i still find a reason to stay. i hope the OP finds at least one reason as well.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2020, 1:01 pm

Is Deep Blue South implying that he actually believes that Obama and Hillary are NOT reptilian lizard people?
8O

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2020, 1:13 pm

Leaving here because you're sick of hearing about Loser Donald won't really improve anything. Like you observe, he's inescapable.

We don't always agree but your perspectives are appreciated and I'll look forward to your return.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

17 Sep 2020, 2:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Leaving here because you're sick of hearing about Loser Donald won't really improve anything. Like you observe, he's inescapable.

You are correct, sir. I just saw one of his parishioners suggest on Variety.com that the cancellation of the TV series "Stumptown" was because of the "Marxist Freaks" in Portland. Anyone who knew Portland as intimately as I do was well aware that it's locally known as "The People's Republic of Portland" for a reason, and that the series was canned largely due to the impact of COVID-19 [which has more to do with the Orange Messiah than it does with China itself].

Quote:
We don't always agree but your perspectives are appreciated and I'll look forward to your return.

Hear, hear.

sylkat wrote:
Is Deep Blue South implying that he actually believes that Obama and Hillary are NOT reptilian lizard people?
8O

Of course not, if they drink blood they're obviously vampires! It doesn't take a writer from New Orleans to tell ya that!!

“Politics is the art of controlling your environment.”
― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2020, 2:26 pm

Check out the legendary Fox Women of Japan;
They drink blood, but of men, only, and only through a hole in the back of their necks.
I have never been able to determine if they are Undead, or just a different living race.