Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

3in1cft
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2020, 9:58 am

Hi,

I am currently doing a research dissertation to collect some life experiences from people with AS traits to understand about how these interviewees deal with life challenges. It doesn't matter if you are diagnosed or not. The intent is to find what kinds of ways you've found to deal with life challenges that have worked well for you, and to collect a bunch of ideas that people who face similar challenges can use.

Interviews will be done online using voice or text chat, for about half an hour, and the goal is to be very positive about successes and solutions, I absolutely don't want to focus on problems and difficulties. The aim is to move the research away from tragic/deficit narratives. Everything will be anonymous and this is not any kind of test.

Please let me know by private message (PM) if you can help me.

3in1cft
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2020, 1:35 pm

I just wanted to add a little bit more about myself. I am a mum of a boy who was diagnosed as ASD and have a few family members likely on the spectrum. I have learned a lot from this website. I am doing a Psychology MSc degree, which I started to try to understand neurodiversity better.

I read some research on this topic through the course. There are lots of information about identifying problems, especially about children or teenagers. There are not many practical suggestions or ideas on how to help people to build their internal confidence and find their ways to deal with the challenges. For now, I believe this is the key.