Come here to get the Block functionality for Wrongplanet

Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 4:48 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I bet most people have blocked me and that is why my posts often don't get read.... 8O

You too? :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 4:31 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I bet most people have blocked me and that is why my posts often don't get read.... 8O

Blocking won't stop any forum post from being read,it will only stop PM's

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 8:46 am

vermontsavant wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Blocking won't stop any forum post from being read,it will only stop PM's

Oh I see...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 10:00 am

Actually, "blocking" will prevent original posts by a blocked member from being seen, but you will still see their PMs.

There is another method to delete a member's post before you can read them, but you will still see their posts.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 12:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
Actually, "blocking" will prevent original posts by a blocked member from being seen, but you will still see their PMs.

There is another method to delete a member's post before you can read them, but you will still see their posts.
Just tried it and it doesn't work

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 12:57 pm

Fnord wrote:

It will also hide posts from unblocked users who have quoted the blocked user. I have had to turn off the extension to read certain threads.

You will still see the blockee's threads too but you won't be able to see their OP unless you turn off the feature. Then you have to refresh the page for it to be affective.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 1:15 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Fnord wrote:

It will also hide posts from unblocked users who have quoted the blocked user. I have had to turn off the extension to read certain threads.

You will still see the blockee's threads too but you won't be able to see their OP unless you turn off the feature. Then you have to refresh the page for it to be affective.

There is nothing I can see for block,it does say you can add a for.

I added someone as a foe and I still see there posts.Im not getting this :?

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 1:26 pm

All I can find is the friend/foe thing.
I made someone a foe but still see there posts.
I don't get this.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 1:29 pm

I use Tampermonkey, a plugin used for Chrome, and I copied and pasted the script the OP has. It gives you the feature to block people and you should be able to see the block button on every post you see here. But you have to add in the script in Tampermonkey for it to be affective and it's in the OP. I only used copy and paste, never uploaded any file.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 1:31 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I use Tampermonkey, a plugin used for Chrome, and I copied and pasted the script the OP has. It gives you the feature to block people and you should be able to see the block button on every post you see here. But you have to add in the script in Tampermonkey for it to be affective and it's in the OP. I only used copy and paste, never uploaded any file.

Have no clue of tapermonkey.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 1:36 pm

I'm not going to do all that just to add a useless feature that I won't even use. What's the need to block people on here? Unless someone is a stalker or is a threat to you or your privacy then the block function might be useful, but with anything else the mods are here to protect you from bullying, and if you keep getting attacked then stop posting in the PPR (if that's where you get the problems with other members, which usually it is). I've been here for 10 years, I've run into some unpleasantness with other members but the mods have always sorted it and here I still am today. But if people are going to start blocking each other (for petty reasons like because of which political party you support), then threads are going to get posted in less and less.

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2020, 1:41 pm

There is already a script that hides posts, quotes and more here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=167309&start=64#p8051563

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 1:50 pm

Soliloquist wrote:

Did you hack my account,how come post is blocked on your quote but I can see post on my thread.How did you know who I blocked.You must have hacked me.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 1:55 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I'm not going to do all that just to add a useless feature that I won't even use. What's the need to block people on here? Unless someone is a stalker or is a threat to you or your privacy then the block function might be useful, but with anything else the mods are here to protect you from bullying, and if you keep getting attacked then stop posting in the PPR (if that's where you get the problems with other members, which usually it is). I've been here for 10 years, I've run into some unpleasantness with other members but the mods have always sorted it and here I still am today. But if people are going to start blocking each other (for petty reasons like because of which political party you support), then threads are going to get posted in less and less.

I only tried to see if it would work.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 2:26 pm

Joe90 wrote:

I block people here who are clearly trying to provoke me and start something with me. Making senseless posts at me is a clue or making posts that are not related to what I said or like to throw wild accusations at me because they do not like my perspective.

I had a racist account here blocked but decided to unblock it because I like seeing members roast that account. The mod team has already been informed of that account.

And sometimes reporting other members here are useless because while they may tell that user to stop responding to you, they are back to doing it again days later to hence the block feature. Mods cannot read members minds so if they can't see any bullying or rules being broken, they can't take action but tell you both to stop talking to each other.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 2:29 pm

Soliloquist wrote:

I'm curios how you got it to show like that because I do not have "display this post" in quote feature and if I had Vermontsavant on my block list, your post would be invisible on my end. I also do not have that text color on my end or that background color.

Edit: I realized the url you put is from two years ago so you are using a different script.

Last edited by League_Girl on 27 Sep 2020, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.