vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 2:33 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Soliloquist wrote:
There is already a script that hides posts, quotes and more here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=167309&start=64#p8051563

I'm curios how you got it to show like that because I do not have "display this post" in quote feature and if I had Vermontsavant on my block list, your post would be invisible on my end. I also do not have that text color on my end or that background color.

I unblocked because it doesn't work and other obviously other people have access to my foe list.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 2:41 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
I unblocked because it doesn't work and other obviously other people have access to my foe list.

As far as I know, Foe lists are private just like friend lists?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 2:56 pm

I do not know who is on vermantsavant's foe list.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 3:02 pm

Feyokien wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

As far as I know, Foe lists are private just like friend lists?
Maybe only I saw it because I was logged in.After I put someone on foe list,I could still see there posts but in soliliquests quote it showed my foe as blocked,very weird.

Last edited by vermontsavant on 27 Sep 2020, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 3:03 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Soliloquist wrote:

Did you hack my account,how come post is blocked on your quote but I can see post on my thread.How did you know who I blocked.You must have hacked me.

I believe Soliloquist may have put fnord on their ignore list to demonstrate what it looks like when you have that script installed on your web browser.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 3:04 pm

League_Girl wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Soliloquist wrote:

Did you hack my account,how come post is blocked on your quote but I can see post on my thread.How did you know who I blocked.You must have hacked me.

I believe Soliloquist may have put fnord on their ignore list to demonstrate what it looks like when you have that script installed on your web browser.
Oh.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 9:38 am

So can everybody just block anybody they want? I know I'm blocked by a few people already, just because I have a different opinion on a subject. I know this block feature is going to be overused.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 9:43 am

There seems to be no rule against blocking anyone you want to block, except the admin/moderators.

Although you may eventually run out of people to block.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 10:36 am

Joe90 wrote:
So can everybody just block anybody they want? I know I'm blocked by a few people already, just because I have a different opinion on a subject. I know this block feature is going to be overused.

How can you tell you are blocked on here?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 10:50 am

League_Girl wrote:
You can't.  All you can "prove" is that someone is not responding to your posts.  They could only be ignoring you.  The results are the same.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 11:53 am

Fnord wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
You can't.  All you can "prove" is that someone is not responding to your posts.  They could only be ignoring you.  The results are the same.

Big ouch, maybe someone not responding to your posts doesn't mean they are ignoring you, maybe they just can't relate to you or have nothing to add to it.

But many users here have felt ignored because none of their posts were responded to. If they created threads and no one responded, I can understand then.

But even this has been taken as bullying. I even wonder if I get put on it for not responding to enough posts. :roll:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 12:00 pm

Fnord wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

The results are the same from one's perspective but the difference is that the poster could still see and read your post even they don't reply, but if the poster has blocked you then there is no chance that they can read your post.

I do know that block features often get overused so I assume that I'm probably already blocked for stupid reasons here, as I am not a bully or a stalker. Just like Facebook when a friend of mine (who I got on fine with) blocked me because I was talking to his friend on Facebook (we weren't bitchy or anything, we were just liking each other's posts and stuff, nothing offensive at all). :?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 12:14 pm

Joe90 wrote:
... I do know that block features often get overused so I assume that I'm probably already blocked for stupid reasons here, as I am not a bully or a stalker...
A person does not have to be a bully or a stalker to be blocked.  I've blocked people for expressing willful ignorance (e.g., "stupidity"), for expressing self-defeating attitudes, for expressing racist and/or sexist ideologies, for expressing homophobia, and for general trollery.

Overused?  I think blocking features do not get used often enough!

:D

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 12:16 pm

as far as Fnord is aware, WP only has 3 active posters :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 12:23 pm

Steve1963 wrote:
as far as Fnord is aware, WP only has 3 active posters.
Wrong again.  While there may be one less active poster as of yesterday, there are many active posters (like yourself) whom I have not blocked...

... yet.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 12:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
Wrong again.  While there may be one less active poster as of yesterday, there are many active posters (like yourself) whom I have not blocked...

... yet.

lol