Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 2:49 pm

My hair is rather thick and hangs down to between my shoulders and my elbows. I've always been a molter but in the last few weeks I have noticed that I'm molting more than I ever have done before. It's not that serious (like I don't have bald patches on my head) but every time I pull the laundry out of the machine I see big clumps of hair among the clothes that I have to get rid of and I'm afraid the washing-machine will start getting clogged up with my hair.
Each time I brush my hair the hairbrush is literally covered in a huge mass of hair, and there are hairs everywhere; all in the car, on the furniture, on the carpet, in the bed, and even in the washing-up water. Gross!!
I have to tie my hair back each time I cook or eat food, as finding a hair in my food makes me physically retch.

I don't think it's got anything to do with the shampoo I use because I've been using the same shampoo and conditioner for a few years and it is recommended for my hair type. Could it be stress? I am under a lot of stress at the moment.
Is there anything I can do? Has anyone else had this before?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 3:26 pm

You seem to have experienced what people round here experienced a while ago.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 4:32 pm

Stress is one possibility, another is a diet deficiency, still another is exposure to toxins, including metals. There are also several health issues that can cause this problem, so you should have it checked out, as it's not natural to lose a whole lot of hair in a short time.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 9:09 pm

Joe90 wrote:
My hair is rather thick and hangs down to between my shoulders and my elbows. I've always been a molter but in the last few weeks I have noticed that I'm molting more than I ever have done before. It's not that serious (like I don't have bald patches on my head) but every time I pull the laundry out of the machine I see big clumps of hair among the clothes that I have to get rid of and I'm afraid the washing-machine will start getting clogged up with my hair.
Each time I brush my hair the hairbrush is literally covered in a huge mass of hair, and there are hairs everywhere; all in the car, on the furniture, on the carpet, in the bed, and even in the washing-up water. Gross!!
I have to tie my hair back each time I cook or eat food, as finding a hair in my food makes me physically retch.

I don't think it's got anything to do with the shampoo I use because I've been using the same shampoo and conditioner for a few years and it is recommended for my hair type. Could it be stress? I am under a lot of stress at the moment.
Is there anything I can do? Has anyone else had this before?

I jumped to that possibility immediately.
Simple solution:
Stop stressing. :mrgreen:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Nov 2020, 1:04 am

Hair loss can have various causes & questor mentioned a couple but another is hormonal. Women can actually get something like male-pattern baldness. MPB is due to a genetic sensitivity to DHT which is kinda a byproduct of testosterone & women generally have much lower testosterone than guys but women still have some. Various forms of birth control can affect hormones & other meds can also affect hormones like steroids like Prednisone & Cortizone. Also Menopause affects hormones & can cause hair loss; I don't know how old you are Joe.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 3:28 am

nick007 wrote:
Hair loss can have various causes & questor mentioned a couple but another is hormonal. Women can actually get something like male-pattern baldness. MPB is due to a genetic sensitivity to DHT which is kinda a byproduct of testosterone & women generally have much lower testosterone than guys but women still have some. Various forms of birth control can affect hormones & other meds can also affect hormones like steroids like Prednisone & Cortizone. Also Menopause affects hormones & can cause hair loss; I don't know how old you are Joe.

It says in my signature, I am only 30 and nowhere near the menopause.
My hair is thick and I have always had loose hairs come out but it seems to be more now than before. If I am walking around naked I can feel hairs falling down my back and arms, and there are long hairs in the bed and everywhere. I get them all over my boyfriend and he has to brush himself down.
It's even come to the point where I have to tie my hair back whenever I eat, otherwise no doubt I'll find a hair in my food and that makes me feel really sick.

I am under a lot of stress though, probably more than I've ever been in my life, what with this pandemic and my mum ill with cancer. If COVID and cancer were nonexistent, I'd be pretty content with my life.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 4:42 am

Joe90 wrote:

I am under a lot of stress though, probably more than I've ever been in my life, what with this pandemic and my mum ill with cancer.

Sounds like the cause.
Simple solution.
Don't stress. :mrgreen:

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2020, 1:16 pm

Might be stress like others have said.