Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 6:17 pm

It was one of those days...

I did the sleep study last night and found out I do have sleep apnea... Here comes the darn cpap machine...

Then I went to a gyno appointment and found out the only way they claim I can prevent cancer risk is to take "mini pills" well... Last time I took any form of the pill, I had a side effect so bad I had to have surgery... Seriously!! ! I am afraid to even pick them up from the pharmacy...

Next week I find out if I need knee surgery... I never had a surgery before that really caused a lot of pain, but witnessing my husband go through it multiple times... I'm not wanting to go to this either...

To put the cherry on the sundae, I had two job emails rejecting me today, two positions I was really hoping for... I'm having such difficulty finding positions I literally have no other applications out there ..

I'm feeling really down...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 6:19 pm

Aw. Not sure what to say to help but have a virtual hug.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 6:22 pm

Second hug!

Do you have a special routine for when everything goes to hell?

( Mine includes incense, warm bath, soothing music, diet-shattering snacks... )

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 9:09 pm

I did two of those lol, a bath and a random ordered pizza.....

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 10:59 pm

*hugs*

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 3:15 pm

That seems like a landslide of bad news.
I’d be so overwhelmed.
But I am glad you have access to health care, and I am glad, though their treatment plans are intimidating, that they are going to be able to help you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 5:32 pm

You’re a nice person.

I hope things look up for you soon.

{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 8:03 pm

Let us know how you are doing, OK?
We care.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 8:08 am

Hope things get better for you soon.

Regarding CPAP machines, the new ones tend to be fairlyl quiet. If you sleep with your mouth open you may need to try more than one mask to get a good fit, but it's worth the effort. If you don't sleep with your mouth open, there are nasal inserts that pipe the air in, and you may need to try more than one model of those for a good fit, too,

As for meds, I always look for natural supplements, or healthy types of foods that will provide the same benefits, without the side effects of the meds. I am supposed to be on several meds, but found alternatives that help with everything, but my lifelong phlegm issues. I take an OTC allergy med to help keep the phlegm under control. I recently decided to do some research to see if I might have something that was like Cystic Fibrosis, only much milder. Turns out there is a milder form called Atypical Cystic Fibrosis, and unlike the regular version, which kills most people by the time they hit their late 30s, you can live a normal life span with the milder form. With the regular form, you get a bad gene copy of the gene involved from both parents, but with the milder form, you only get a bad copy from one parent, and can sometimes not have any symptoms at all, but just carry the bad gene copy to pass on to any kids. Unfortunately, I do have some of the symptoms that go with the milder form, but at least I have no kids to pass it on to, and never will.

Had cancer, so they gave me a complete hysterectomy, and that was almost 15 years ago, and no more cancer. There is still the risk of it in other body parts, tho, but so far so good.

The docs keep telling me I need knee surgery, but there is a high risk of blood clots leading to a heart attack or stroke, or pulmonary embolism once you have this surgery, and the blood thinners they make you take to prevent those problems, all have bad side effects. Then they make you take other drugs to counteract the side effects from the blood thinners, and those have side effects too. It becomes a never ending cycle, that only causes more harm for the patient, and more profit for Big Pharma. I did some research on my own, and found out that there are safer knee treatments in developement, which are not yet available. I am going to wait for those safer treatments to become available.

I don't know the job search methods you are using. I had troubles getting jobs when I was younger. Because of health issues I can no longer work, but I do remember what I learned about job hunting.

1. Use your state's job center to help in your job search. They provide a number of resources, including help with creating resumes, and with finding jobs.
2. Use word of mouth. Ask family, friends, and people at places like your church or any hobby groups you are part of to let you know if they hear of any jobs in the fields you are interested in.
3. Don't limit yourself to a very narrow job category in your search. Look for jobs in related fields. Once you have your foot in the door, and have some experience, it will be easier to eventually switch into that narrower category you prefer. In the meantime, you will be gaining experience, and have an income.
4. This is probably the most important one. Sign up with ALL--YES ALL of the employment agencies in your area, including the temporary agencies. This gets your foot in the door, and some of the assignments can become permanent jobs. When you sign up with the agencies, you should be flexible in the types of work you are willing to do, at least until you get more experience.

Most of my working life was done thru temp agencies, but this was best for me, as I also had to have time off between some of my assignments to help my mother, whose physical and mental health gradually declined. Not having any higher end job skills, I was willing to take a lot of different low end positions. I've done factory, light industrial, office, and retail positions. I didn't like retail at all, so I chose not to do too many of those assignments. Some of the factory jobs were okay, but one or two were too noisy for me, so I had to decline the jobs after arriving for work. I do have some noise sensitivity, but it's not as bad as for many others on the autism spectrum, but there are times when noise is a big problem for me. Fortunatley, I was able to handle almost all of the factory assignments I was given. Actually, I think the only one I had to walk out on was at a bottling plant. They offered ear protection, but the combination of the volume of noise, the kind of noise--both machine noise, and the sound millions of bottles made when jostling together on the conveyors, and the vibration effect of it all, was too much for me. I had to walk a long way thru the factory to get to the guy I was supposed to report to. By the time I got to him I was ready to scream, as I was in such pain from the combination of noises and their volume. I apologized to him as I told him I couldn't take it, and would have to refuse the assignment. He looked kind of mad, but I just couldn't do that job. I wasn't happy either. I didn't like doing that to him, and I wasn't looking forward to having to walk all the way back thru the plant to get out of the building.

Regarding word of mouth jobs, I have some step relatives with good jobs at a factory not too far away. They told one of my brothers about a job at the factory, and he would have had an income and benefits, but he decided not to take the job. Instead he's been supporting himself with odd jobs, and by selling half his house to our other brother. Fortunately, the house lends itself to being an over/under dual dwelling, since they don't get along too good. If I had my health back, I would have tried for a job at that factory.

As for your feeling down, that's natural under the circumstances. Try taking B vitamines, as they have mood boosting effects. I suffered from lifelong low grade depression, with deeper bouts at times, but several years ago I discovered by accident that the cause was a B vitamine deficiency, so now I take B complex vitamines, and rarely have depression any more. I had tried therapy for my depression, and it didn't help. Also, docs had tried to get me to take psych drugs, but I didn't want to deal with the dangerous side effects, so I wouldn't take them. Instead I accidentally cured myself! :lol: After a short time of using the B complex vitamines I noticed I wasn't feelling so depressed, and I eventually realized that I was feeling a mood state known as "normal", which I'd never had before. I had always wondered what that would feel like, and it feels pretty darn good. Now that is my own usual mood state.

Anyway, hope your life takes a great upturn now. :D

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 3:09 pm

Are you feeling better Angnix?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 11:47 pm

Angnix wrote:
I did two of those lol, a bath and a random ordered pizza.....

Pepperoni, I hope. 8O

Pizza for me today, too.
Want to share? :wink: