Page 6 of 21 [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2020, 3:28 am

Hey, Tim, check this out:
28-12-2020.
:mrgreen:

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2020, 5:53 am

Pepe wrote:

I asked you to find the *original* article, not the newer amended article, but you haven't provided it.

? That's because there was no article ?
Are we not talking about the radio interview of which you provided the clip ?
My view was that the quote on the dams was just a failure to properly explain his point owing to the limitations of trying to put across the complexity of long term climate trends in a limited verbal interview.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 3:31 pm

In your face, Tim Flannery!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 5:42 am

It's chucking it down here in North Queensland.
n.b. this does not mean I'm agreeing with Pepe
(stop dissing my mate Tim you incorrigible skunk!)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 6:41 pm

MrsPeel wrote:
It's chucking it down here in North Queensland.
n.b. this does not mean I'm agreeing with Pepe
(stop dissing my mate Tim you incorrigible skunk!)

Not a chance.
I intend to remind Timmy on an ongoing basis.
If he is unlucky, that may mean he will be embarrassed regularly for another 20 years. :lmao:

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 6:34 am

Looks like you might be in for a bit of a blow up north there Mrs Peel!

That tropical low off Cairns is forecast to become a cyclone in the next 24 hours.
Innisfail has seen 121mm of rain since 9am (since when doesn't it rain in Innisfail though?)

Of course the Cairns radar on the BOM isn't working properly and the Townsville one has been out of order all day.

That alert noise they use for cyclone warnings on the TV used to really scare me as a kid.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 6:31 pm

Eurythmic wrote:
Looks like you might be in for a bit of a blow up north there Mrs Peel!

That tropical low off Cairns is forecast to become a cyclone in the next 24 hours.
Innisfail has seen 121mm of rain since 9am (since when doesn't it rain in Innisfail though?)

Of course the Cairns radar on the BOM isn't working properly and the Townsville one has been out of order all day.

That alert noise they use for cyclone warnings on the TV used to really scare me as a kid.

So, you are a 'Banana Bender'?

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2021, 9:27 am

Pepe wrote:

Sure am Pepe!
Grew up in FNQ, now living further south.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2021, 6:12 pm

Eurythmic wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Sure am Pepe!
Grew up in FNQ, now living further south.

You had a downpour yesterday, I believe.
I'm jealous. :mrgreen:

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 7:43 am

Pepe wrote:

I'm living near you now Pepe, I left Qld about 25 years ago.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 12:58 am

Pepe wrote:

Wet enough for your now Pepe? ;)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 2:45 am

Quote:
Sydney’s Warragamba Dam has reached capacity and began spilling this afternoon, with other dams also expected to overflow.

Earlier the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) predicted the dam was expected to spill today and that parts of western Sydney were at risk of flooding.

The dam had been at 99.2 per cent capacity earlier today and heavy rainfall was expected today and tonight.

WaterNSW media adviser Benjamin Ansell told news.com.au that the dam began spilling about 3pm.

Footage posted on social media shows water being released.

“With heavy rainfall persisting, we are also expecting to see spills at Nepean, Cataract, Cordeaux and Avon dams,” WaterNSW said on its Twitter account.

Source: https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/sydneys-warragamba-dam-predicted-to-spill-this-afternoon/news-story/ddb45332c7e05a3509f3afa51a001b97

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 3:12 am

Eurythmic wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Wet enough for your now Pepe? ;)

:lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 3:19 am

Quote:
Parts of Western Sydney and Hawkesbury Valley face ‘one in 50-year flood’
21/03/2021|6min

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has warned a “one in 50-year event” will materialise in the Hawkesbury Valley and parts of Western Sydney as rivers are “boiling over”.

The severe rainfall event hit the north and mid-north coast particularly hard marking a record rainfall event, but the premier said the “main focus” is now on the Richmond, and Hawkesbury Valley communities, and parts of Western Sydney.

“We know the rainfall we’re likely receive for the next few days is beyond anyone's expectations, and that is why our first and foremost priority is to make sure people who are in potential evacuation zones know, that they are, that they have a plan, so if they are asked to evacuate they do it quickly,” the premier said.

“We have to assume the worst in the next few days in then appeared Hawkesbury Valley, the rivers in the catchment are boiling over, and we have to assume that will be a one in 50-year event, that will materialise in the next few days”.

The historic rainfall is expected to continue into Wednesday or Thursday, but a weather front coming in from the Northern Territory could affect parts of the state into Monday or Tuesday.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_624 ... ar%20flood

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 3:21 am

Quote:
‘One in 100-year flood’: Berejiklian provides update on historic weather event
21/03/2021|4min

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has provided an update on the “one in 100-year” extreme weather event in parts of the mid-north coast and the growing crisis around the state.

“Regrettably, parts of the mid North Coast are experiencing a one in 100-year event, and while we don't think things will worsen on the mid North Coast, definitely conditions will continue,” the premier said.

The flooding is affecting the north and mid-north coast particularly with the past few days of rain marking a record rainfall event.

The SES has deployed over 1000 volunteers to the rapidly changing crisis on the ground along with multiple other government agencies.

The premier also pointed to the “one in 50-year event” and the “main focus” in the Richmond and Hawkesbury Valley communities, and parts of Western Sydney.

“We are now envisaging a one in 50-year event, yesterday were hoping it will only be a one in 20- year event,” Ms Berejiklian said.

“That means potentially another 4000 people may be asked to evactuate in and around that Hawkesbury region, and parts of Western Sydney”.

The historic rainfall is expected to continue into Thursday, but a weather front coming in from the Northern Territory could affect parts of the state into Monday or Tuesday.

“I also want to thank three states, South Australia, Victoria and Queensland, that have already provided assistance in terms of flood rescue, and that’s really where we need support.

“We are grateful that because there has been so much flooding that we do have some expert flood rescue support from the other states, we are grateful for that.”

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_624 ... er%20event

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 3:23 am

Quote:
Penrith river level to reach record high peak later today
21/03/2021|5min

A spokesperson for the Bureau of Meteorology says the flooding of the Nepean Valley, heavy rainfall in Penrith and the overflow of the Warragamba dam have all contributed towards dangerous conditions in NSW.

“We are expecting river levels at Penrith to be levels near the 1961 flood,” the spokesperson said.

“It is one of the biggest floods we are likely to see for a very long time.”

Record high river levels are expected to peak today in Penrith resulting in flooding which will impact homes and communities.

People have been advised to listen closely for updates about potential evacuations.

The Bureau of Meteorology also revealed north coast and inland storms are expected to “intensify” and become increasingly “treacherous” over the next few days.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_624 ... er%20today