Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 12:46 am

Has anyone played it? I really want to try it out and start playing around. It looks super fun and silly. Talking to strangers makes me a little anxious

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 3:23 pm

I love Among Us. I love these kinds of 'figure out the traitor's games but I never have enough friends near me to play them irl.
It's so much fun to sneak around as an impostor and try and manipulate ppl into suspecting others. It's also fun to be a crewmate and try to finish tasks without being killed or coming off as suspicious.
And I love running around as a pink bean with a banana on my head

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 3:47 pm

A friend got me a copy, and we've played some. Good fun, cutesy artstyle and neat gameplay idea (lifted somewhat, I suspect, from a HL2 mod).

Idontknowwhattoputasmyusername
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2020, 1:18 pm

I've wanted to get the game on my ipod but the game requires ios 10.0.0 but i have it at 9.3.0 can somebody tell me how to upgrade it :help:

jole
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Oct 2020, 9:08 am

I have played it. It was fun but don't really have anyone to play with either, you need kinda a lot of people. Either way i think a friend is going to get it so i guess ill play with him

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 1:12 am

I’ve been playing it on my phone and it’s been fun. Repetitive but I quite like it. I just I could play with people I know rather than strangers with horrible nicknames. :lol:

~~~~

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2020, 11:25 am

Alas, I don't have it. :(
But I have seen some neat memes, playthroughs, etc., of it. :)

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2020, 6:48 am

AlanSmithee wrote:
Alas, I don't have it. :(
But I have seen some neat memes, playthroughs, etc., of it. :)

It's free on mobile if you would like to try it out, if you can.

~~~~

troublesomeTome
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Nov 2020, 2:08 pm

among us is super fun but i haven't played recently since i haven't had anyone to play with! i love playing hide and seek in it

ApicalApe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Nov 2020, 2:42 pm

It is a lot of fun! I would definitely recommend. Also, the text chat is just for discussion on who to vote out (if anyone). So, chatting with strangers should not be an issue.

alphaEmpathy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2020, 2:52 pm

Just be prepared that people usually start suspecting new players as imposters because they tend to just explore the map first and not do tasks. If you don't want to seem immediately suspicious, always do a task if you find one highlighted and actively try to get better at using the game map without allowing it to slow you down. Also, have an exit route planned in every room just in case an imposter enters it while you're alone. Doing all your assigned tasks allows the crewmates to win.

If you are an imposter: Only go into the vents if you absolutely know the coast is clear because crewmates can't "vent." Never kill another player in front of other players, and have a good exit strategy to avoid being near the body or being seen coming from that direction. A lot of imposters will actually "self-report" meaning they report the body they just killed in order to look less suspicious. People are catching on to that strategy, though, and sometimes crewmates are accused of doing this even though they're just genuinely reporting the body they just found.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 3:44 pm

I also love the game and so was very excited when I saw it had won not one, but two awards at the Game Awards last year! (Best Multiplayer Game and Best Mobile Game)
However, toxic public lobbies are a severe issue right now (and I usually host a public lobby). When the devs introduce accounts like they planned, maybe this problem will lessen. But on the positive side, it has a big fandom coming up with art, fanfiction, and lore (because there isn't very much official lore).

Blueberry_Muffin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Feb 2021, 6:29 am

I was also anxious about talking to others in the game. Playing under the default name "Player" and changing hats sometimes made it a bit easier though so nobody in the game would recognize me over time.

JamesMill89
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2021, 9:09 am

I tried to play this game, but honestly, I soon got tired of it, I was not interested in this game and I do not understand why so many people are crazy about it.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 3:08 pm

It's a great concept and has good gameplay. The problem is the players themselves. Believe me, it can get heated in there.