Treatment of High Functioning Vs Lower Functioning on W.P

Page 24 of 26 [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 11:06 am

Teach51 wrote:
... I have a feeling everyone is trying to understand...
It is difficult to use subjective 'feelings' to prove anything.
Teach51 wrote:
... Create a thread specifically for grievances relating to trolls and tales of horror...
It's already been done -- LINK

Now, who gets to decide who is a troll, who is not a troll, and who is simply acting out of naivete and distress -- one or two members who hold grudges against at least one other member?  They would likely define a 'troll' as that person in everything but name.  Instead, I suggest that the moderators be allowed to decide what constitutes trollish behavior (not including imagined intent, of course), and let them police this website -- that's what they were selected for.  All we can (or should) do is report trollish behavior and DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 03 Oct 2020, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 11:19 am

firemonkey wrote:
The more I think about it the more complex and multi faceted the issue of functioning becomes, and how to best help the individual at whatever level of functioning there at .

Even within levels what make work for one person might not for another.

These are both really useful insights we all need to have while discussing this topic. :idea:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 11:50 am

Like: I have decent white-collar functioning—but rather poor blue-collar functioning.

I can screw in a screw and change a tire—beyond that, mechanical/carpentry things are a mystery.

Im inarticulate psychologically, but pretty good in history.

I can fill out forms, but cannot clean the house that well. I can do Internet research pretty well, but can’t fold my shirts.

Functioning is a very individual thing.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 11:55 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Like: I have decent white-collar functioning—but rather poor blue-collar functioning.

I can screw in a screw and change a tire—beyond that, mechanical/carpentry things are a mystery.

I can fill out forms, but cannot clean the house that well. I can do Internet research pretty well, but can’t fold my shirts.

I have 'I put my t shirt on inside out the other day and didn't notice till late afternoon' functioning.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 12:01 pm

Yep...that’s happened to me :)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Oct 2020, 12:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
... Create a thread specifically for grievances relating to trolls and tales of horror...

Now, who gets to decide who is a troll, who is not a troll, and who is simply acting out of naivete and distress -- one or two members who hold grudges against at least one other member?  They would likely define a 'troll' as that person in everything but name.  Instead, I suggest that the moderators be allowed to decide what constitutes trollish behavior (not including imagined intent, of course), and let them police this website -- that's what they were selected for.  All we can (or should) do is report trollish behavior and DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

I admire your faith in the moderators but we're humans too. I'm neither omniscient, nor omnipresent, nor omnipotent - only omnivorous :chef:

It's hard not to discuss trolls when e.g. prominent politicians publicly say trollish things.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 12:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Teach51 wrote:

Teach51 and this post is helping me understand in what way I am a troll here and why I do not exist. Apparently my problems here are not genuine and I have been faking them all along here according to some users here and ones who have left. :( Of course, I already knew this, I have known this for the past 10 years.

I have even been called a fake in high school online because they didn't think I could be that innocent and I didn't even know I was being innocent. I was being myself and I was already being called a faker on the internet. I have also been told online I am naïve and there were people online that knew "This is not a troll, just a user who is naïve." So as a result it would make me a target of online meanness and even on here in the past under my old account.

It's possible all these meanies online thought I was a troll so they got provoked by me but to my view, they were just randomly targeting me because they could see I am different somehow.

But troll is just a over used term and it's become to mean "someone I cannot stand and who I find annoying" and if you don't like someone, don't like their opinion, find their posts annoying because of their OCD or communication or naivete and weak social skills.

And I was listed as a vulnerable member here but apparently that list was discontinued or there was never such a list of vulnerable members and I was lied to about it by a former mod.

I think a vulnerable member can be someone who:

Is prone to doing personal attacks because of triggers and misunderstandings

Is prone to being targeted with sly remarks and trollish responses because of misunderstandings

Is prone to getting trollish behavior from users because of misunderstandings

Easily swayed and taken advantage of

Gullible

Bad reading comprehension so they may make off topic responses or do a straw man or do accusations at another user

Mistaken as a troll for reasons above

And maybe more.

And another thing on here I noticed is, people accuse others of being bullies here but those "bullies" also feel they have been bullied here and think their "victims" are their bullies. So both sides think they are both bullies.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 12:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep...that’s happened to me :)

Me too and I just go to a restroom and un inside it out.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 12:40 pm

firemonkey wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I have 'I put my t shirt on inside out the other day and didn't notice till late afternoon' functioning.

I've done that on occasion :D

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Oct 2020, 12:41 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I have even been called a fake in high school online because they didn't think I could be that innocent and I didn't even know I was being innocent.
That's the essence of innocence :D

League_Girl wrote:
I think a vulnerable member can be someone who:

Is prone to doing personal attacks because of triggers and misunderstandings

Is prone to being targeted with sly remarks and trollish responses because of misunderstandings

Is prone to getting trollish behavior from users because of misunderstandings

Easily swayed and taken advantage of

Gullible

Bad reading comprehension so they may make off topic responses or do a straw man or do accusations at another user

Mistaken as a troll for reasons above

And maybe more.

I probably have my share of innocence, too. I agree with the list above and this makes it a challenge to resolve various situations possibly fairly.

That's why I believe in:
1. Clarifications;
2. Boundaries.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 12:43 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
The more I think about it the more complex and multi faceted the issue of functioning becomes, and how to best help the individual at whatever level of functioning there at .

Even within levels what make work for one person might not for another.

These are both really useful insights we all need to have while discussing this topic. :idea:

Totally agree fxe

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 12:58 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
It's already been done -- LINKNow, who gets to decide who is a troll, who is not a troll, and who is simply acting out of naivete and distress -- one or two members who hold grudges against at least one other member?  They would likely define a 'troll' as that person in everything but name.  Instead, I suggest that the moderators be allowed to decide what constitutes trollish behavior (not including imagined intent, of course), and let them police this website -- that's what they were selected for.  All we can (or should) do is report trollish behavior and DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
... this post is helping me understand in what way I am a troll here and why I do not exist...
And just how do you see such a patently FALSE accusation in my post?  I believe that you are not a troll, as I do not recall you ever having engaged in trollish behavior.  Now, if someone is accusing you of being a troll, taking it up with the moderators while naming names and providing links is probably your best option.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 1:00 pm

magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
It's already been done -- LINKNow, who gets to decide who is a troll, who is not a troll, and who is simply acting out of naivete and distress -- one or two members who hold grudges against at least one other member?  They would likely define a 'troll' as that person in everything but name.  Instead, I suggest that the moderators be allowed to decide what constitutes trollish behavior (not including imagined intent, of course), and let them police this website -- that's what they were selected for.  All we can (or should) do is report trollish behavior and DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
I admire your faith in the moderators but we're humans too.  I'm neither omniscient, nor omnipresent, nor omnipotent - only omnivorous.  It's hard not to discuss trolls when e.g. prominent politicians publicly say trollish things.
Well, you see, that is the point -- I have more faith in the moderators than in the average member of WP, and certainly more than in those trollish politicians you mentioned.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 1:01 pm

I agree that clearly defining boundaries, clarifications and rules is paramount. I agree that many transgressions are unintentional but the seious prevalence of trolling demands serious safety measures. If boundaries are clear then innocent mistakes or unintentionally hurt feelings may be significantly lessened.

I also hurt people unintentionally, I am sure we all do, we are human, it's how we learn from our mistakes that advances us in life, and it is a good thing if we can improve our interaction with others even just a little.
It is one of the most difficult things I ever learned, to acknowledge where I had made mistakes, I got into so much trouble.I am still extremely stubborn.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 1:21 pm

Fnord wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
... this post is helping me understand in what way I am a troll here and why I do not exist...
And just how do you see such a patently FALSE accusation in my post?  I believe that you are not a troll, as I do not recall you ever having engaged in trollish behavior.  Now, if someone is accusing you of being a troll, taking it up with the moderators while naming names and providing links is probably your best option.

I didn't accuse you of calling me a troll nor did I even say you thought I was one nor did I thought you called me one.

Edit: clarification.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 1:27 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Fnord wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
I didn't accuse you of calling me a troll nor did I even say you thought I was one nor did I thought you called me one.  Edit: clarification.
Cool!

:D