Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DesertWoman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2020, 11:08 pm

I find women (and some men) to me extremely inconsiderate. I've been told that "women are weird" but really, any decent person can and should be nice, even if it's just on social media.

If I was fortunate enough to be a professional that earned five or six figures a year, I wouldn't ignore someone. All you have to say is, "I'm really involved," or, "I'm sorry, I can't be your friend right now." That's better than being nasty, or ignoring someone completely, or, even worse, acting condescending.

I've been through enough misery and I've had to deal with plenty of people who have never felt anything but "entitled." Aren't we all entitled? Even deaf and blind people work- I've held temp jobs among handicapped people, and they're very capable individuals. They're treated as team members- it's great.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 11:10 pm

"be excellent to each other" is sadly not a widely understood philosophy. 8O

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

DesertWoman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2020, 11:18 pm

That's true, the world is not a simple place.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 11:33 pm

Life's a biatch. 8)

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 9:17 am

This can be a more complex issue than appears on the surface. eg The “professional” has spent months, possibly years listening, supporting someone, and over time comes to realise that they’ve clearly been dealing with someone who is essentially an “emotional vampire” ... someone who drains you of your time and who gets into your psyche and can control you ... it happens ... High earners can be caring, empathic and selfless, as much as an unemployed person can be. No matter who you are, you can find yourself having to ignore someone for self preservation-sake. I wouldn’t do so without making it clear why you cannot continue to interact with them. There are people with personality disorders, diagnosed or not, who can do untold damage emotionally to the “listener”. There’s a process that some use repeatedly on people who they recognise are “vulnerable” and with hindsight, you can finally join the dots and exit for your own safety. These people doing the damage may consider themseves vulnerable when in fact they are incredibly manipulative and dangerous.