NTs that I have Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorder

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 4:24 pm

If I tell NTs that I have history of Bipolar Disorder with psychotic features, will they really be scared?

My dad told me that I should never tell people that I used to have psychosis, because of all the stigmas around it

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 4:39 pm

No one needs to be told anything about your personal history.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 4:43 pm

Hopefully others that have shared this experience can also give an answer. My feeling is that NTs would not have a good response to that information.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2020, 4:50 pm

Different people (whether they are NT, ND, or any other walk of life) will have different levels of understanding of the terms. Some may have incorrect preconceptions based on common stereotypes or misinformation spread through entertainment mediums. Some may have no knowledge of them. And others may be quite knowledgeable.

There's always a level of risk when you disclose your conditions/differences. For each circumstance you may want to consider ahead of time if the benefits of them knowing would out weigh the risks.