Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 8:01 am

I seem to either drink far too much liquids if I am nurvous, or if I feel down I hardly drink a thing and have to force myself to drink anything. The last few days I have not drunk much. Not drunk at all yet today and it is 2pm. I am concerned because I have been achy again and the two rear sides of my stomache and I feel dehydrated.

But when nurvous I drink and drink. I ALWAYS carry something to drink with me wherever I go. My Mum noticed I have a beer belly even though I do not deink alcohol. It has been caused by drinking too much water while I am nurvous or stressed etc.

I am ok as I am eating ok. :)

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 3:11 pm

Do you drink many sports drinks like Gatorade?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 3:20 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
Do you drink many sports drinks like Gatorade?

I cant. They put artificial sweetners in them. I have to be careful as if I have artificial sweetners I am in trouble.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 3:32 pm

Drinking a whole bunch of fluids without any of it being an electrolytes enhanced beverage could be causing some of the problems. If you don't like Gatorade because of the sweetener issue, I would suggest some other form of electrolytes to see if it helps with the feeling dehydrated. Maybe even just trying to eat some pretzels, saltine crackers, etc might work to your advantage.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 3:57 pm

Is not a case that I don't like drinks with artificial sweetners. They close my throat and nose up so I can't breathe.

Pretzels. I had to think what they are! I was told to avoid things with salt as my doctors were concerned about blood pressure. It used to be far too low but it turned to be too high, but to be honest it is stress in recent years after having burnouts etc.

Not sure what electrolytes are. I can find out.

Thank you for your reply.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 4:03 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Is not a case that I don't like drinks with artificial sweetners. They close my throat and nose up so I can't breathe.

Pretzels. I had to think what they are! I was told to avoid things with salt as my doctors were concerned about blood pressure. It used to be far too low but it turned to be too high, but to be honest it is stress in recent years after having burnouts etc.

Not sure what electrolytes are. I can find out.

Thank you for your reply.

Electrolytes are a group of vitamins, with salt being one of them. Others include potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc. If you are drinking as heavy as I think you are since you mentioned you drink to the point of feeling dehydrated, you are probably low on one or more electrolytes. I would suggest reading up on the deficiency symptoms of each and see if anything clicks for deficiency in any of them

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 4:07 pm

I drink as a nurvous reaction, but then I can go for a few days where I hardly drink at all. It is not drinking which is the issue.

Mind you when I drink a lot because I am stressed, I am going from toilet to toilet.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 4:16 pm

Understand that you drink from stress and nervous reaction. I also know that the more you drink the more you flush out certain vitamins. I have read a few articles explaining how certain vitamins like some of the vitamins listed above and also B vitamins are supposed to help alleviate symptoms of anxiety.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 5:57 pm

B vitamins... Uhmmm.