Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 9:00 am

OnTheOtherSide wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
If it was all the time, I might be able to teach something

Could you please share more about this with us ? :-)

I would also add - do you feel being more into her when being apart ? If so, it is toxic.

Do you feel she is in love with you ?

I would let your actions speak. If she is really that important to you, show her. Her reaction will let you know.

I have been both in your and your crush/partners shoes.

To elaborate more, I was saying that if the problem was all the time, being able to teach something was possible though not definite, as I was comparing to the other option of only when feeling tired or stressed. I seem to do decent with facial expressions unless I am extremely tired or stressed. That is when I have a look on my face that unintentionally says I am ready to kill someone.

Operative word in the quote you asked about was MIGHT or MAYBE.

kitten_caboodle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2020, 10:41 am

It sounds like your girlfriend is trying to tell you that she doesn't feel any chemistry or enough chemistry when she's with you. It's probably something that you won't be able to change because it will feel forced and you will start to feel like an actor if you concentrate too much on. the expressions that you make. Sometimes no matter how much we care about someone it just isn't meant to be but I hope I'm wrong and you can sort this out.

OnTheOtherSide
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2020, 11:58 am

kitten_caboodle wrote:
It sounds like your girlfriend is trying to tell you that she doesn't feel any chemistry or enough chemistry when she's with you. It's probably something that you won't be able to change because it will feel forced and you will start to feel like an actor if you concentrate too much on. the expressions that you make. Sometimes no matter how much we care about someone it just isn't meant to be but I hope I'm wrong and you can sort this out.

I think this may be a spot on. Arent you lying to yourself a bit, Octopus9 ? I have a hard time explaining why would your girlfriend have such feelings otherwise.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 2:22 pm

She's not doubting anything. You're not the one for her. Ghost her. If you stick around, she'll F up your head so bad, you will end up thinking you're the bad guy and be never feel at ease with yourself. You'll end up feeling inadequate in every way. Just go and try to meet other women. She's done. Be with someone who is so happy to have you and they never even think to evaluate how you say those words because they are so happy to hear them from you.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 2:49 pm

^ That's terrible advice. Don't ever ghost someone. It's a heartless act.

OP be wary of some of what's said here. There are numerous possible causes for your situation. It's best to try and have a discussion with your girlfriend about this. Be open about your feelings and take breaks if one or both of you start to get upset. Explain to her the problems people on the spectrum have with facial expressions and properly conveying their emotions. If she still chooses to believe you are being fake, we can revisit the next steps.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 2:53 pm

Crowd: Ghost her! Ghost her!

//Holding pitchforks and torches.

OnTheOtherSide
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2020, 2:59 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
She's not doubting anything. You're not the one for her. Ghost her. If you stick around, she'll F up your head so bad, you will end up thinking you're the bad guy and be never feel at ease with yourself. You'll end up feeling inadequate in every way. Just go and try to meet other women. She's done. Be with someone who is so happy to have you and they never even think to evaluate how you say those words because they are so happy to hear them from you.

Cautiously.

How can you judge someone knowing zero about them ? For Gods sake, this is really not nice of you.

Thing is - I went through the same story Octopus9 has been dealing with. The blame was on my part. I started dating her because she had a great personality and was very attractive and educated. Even though she was attractive, I could not unfortunately find myself being crazy for her. I loved that she adored me much and therefore kept the relationship going as I desperately wanted a relationship back then.

How to tell whether she is playing mind-ego games with him - what does your gut tell you, Octopus9 ? Do YOU feel loved by her ?
Does she show you affection and interest ? What does the tone of her voice say ?
Has she introduced you to her family or friends ? (One of the greatest indicators whether she really loves you/is in love with you or not.)
How is she with kids and animals ? Is she a good person ? Does she ever go out of her way for you ? Does she tell you and show you that she loves you ?

If you feel you can trust her and that she is honest with you, I do not think she is to be blamed here...
Seriously...unless she is not attracted you, I do not think she would just make things up. Why would anyone do that ?

Do not be a coward. Either way. Try to protect her / yourself from getting hurt. Especially if she is a good person.

OnTheOtherSide
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2020, 3:56 pm

Another thing to consider...did you give her any reason(s) to doubt your feelings for her other than your facial expressions and the tone of your voice ?

Has anyone ever before complained about these things ? (Also in non-romantic relationships.)

Have you tried recording yourself when talking to her ? That may help (you can then sent us the recording of you 2 in a private message as I seriously believe this may be the answer to the question of what is wrong and who is right here). It is anonymous anyway so I would give it a try - may say million words (as much as your willingness to think about this). What do you think about this suggestion ?

Do you tell her she is the most beautiful girl/woman in the world ? And do you feel like she is the prettiest woman in the world ? Do you do things that prove her this ?

How is your sex life ? Is it romantic sex full of love or rather a passionate one ? Do you enjoy it ? Does she enjoy it ? Does she initiate it ?

These are very important questions which may help you break the non-healthy ugly cycle.

All in all...if you are head over heels with her (we still do not know), do show her. Let your actions speak. I do not believe any girl would keep denying guys love if they can feel it :wink:

The sooner, the better. It may save your relationship. Or kill it...

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 6:45 pm

OnTheOtherSide wrote:

you can then sent us the recording of you 2 in a private message

On the other side gives many good points, but I would advise against recording your gf without her knowledge. (If she gives permission, then its okay).

But if she finds out that you recorded her without telling her, she may feel violated or betrayed or downright angry.

If you live in the states, you could also run into legal issues from recording a person without their consent.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2020, 6:31 am

Don’t record her, whatever you do.

I’m still going with my previous hypothesis. She sounds like a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” type.

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong :)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2020, 7:04 am

kitten_caboodle wrote:

I was thinking about this earlier.
It might be more than just the expression, unfortunately.
Perhaps the OP should just straight out ask her if she wants to continue the relationship.
If he cares for her, he will want the best for her.

Alternatively,
Just wait it out, hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. <shrug>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2020, 7:07 am

OnTheOtherSide wrote:
Another thing to consider...did you give her any reason(s) to doubt your feelings for her other than your facial expressions and the tone of your voice ?

Has anyone ever before complained about these things ? (Also in non-romantic relationships.)

Have you tried recording yourself when talking to her ? That may help (you can then sent us the recording of you 2 in a private message as I seriously believe this may be the answer to the question of what is wrong and who is right here). It is anonymous anyway so I would give it a try - may say million words (as much as your willingness to think about this). What do you think about this suggestion ?

Do you tell her she is the most beautiful girl/woman in the world ? And do you feel like she is the prettiest woman in the world ? Do you do things that prove her this ?

How is your sex life ? Is it romantic sex full of love or rather a passionate one ? Do you enjoy it ? Does she enjoy it ? Does she initiate it ?

These are very important questions which may help you break the non-healthy ugly cycle.

All in all...if you are head over heels with her (we still do not know), do show her. Let your actions speak. I do not believe any girl would keep denying guys love if they can feel it :wink:

The sooner, the better. It may save your relationship. Or kill it...

Seriously?
Absolutely not. :roll:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2020, 7:10 am

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
^ [b]That's terrible advice. Don't ever ghost someone. It's a heartless act. [/b]

OP be wary of some of what's said here. There are numerous possible causes for your situation. It's best to try and have a discussion with your girlfriend about this. Be open about your feelings and take breaks if one or both of you start to get upset. Explain to her the problems people on the spectrum have with facial expressions and properly conveying their emotions. If she still chooses to believe you are being fake, we can revisit the next steps.

Absolutely don't ghost people without them knowing what is going on.

OnTheOtherSide
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2020, 9:06 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Don’t record her, whatever you do.

I’m still going with my previous hypothesis. She sounds like a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” type.

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong :)

Seriously ? What makes you think so ? How can you know it is not just the story of mine (aka staying with someone I was not really in love with and despite that I was trying "to make things work" my body just revealed itself... hm ?

OnTheOtherSide
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2020, 12:24 pm

Octopus9 wrote:
Hello
Looking for some advice. Am in a new relationship with somebody. I love them very much and am really happy. However they keep doubting this. They often say I am unhappy / look disgusted. They say I am fake. However I am not far from it. I am finding it very confusing. Nobody else has ever said I look disgusted before. It is really very confusing. They also say that the tone of my voice does not match what I am saying. Like if I say I love her she says its fake as my voice says this.

Am wondering what help can get for this. How I can explain how I am feeling in a way that they won’t doubt it.

How can I make my facial expressions match what I am feeling?

Thanks

Any progress, Octopus9 ? :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2020, 1:47 pm

Yeah....seriously.

A very similar thing happened to me. She called me “fake.” She made absurd accusations. I tried many things to “make it work.”

Turns out she had a guy waiting until she kicked me out (we were living together).