Anyone hear voices when they are trying to go to sleep?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

BastetsEye
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2007, 3:19 pm

I hear voices sometimes at night, not nessecarily before I go to sleep, but then I have problems sleeping. At first they scared me, because Hello, hearing voices not exactly a sign of sanity! But then I rationalised that they weren't negative voices telling me to hurt myself or anyone else.

At first I couldn't hear what they we're saying because they were going to fast, like I was at a party and hearing snippets of conversation, or if I heard what was saying I forgot it a second later, or couldn't seem to comprehend what was being said. Eventually I was able to focus more on what was said, but still forget what is being said in the morning.

The only time I really got scared was when I heard a prayer being said, and I didn't know what it was that was being said.

Sometime I also see images and hear music, and sometimes even cartton images.

Somtime during the day I'll hear my mum cal to me, but she's not really, for a while I used to hope that was a sign that I was in a coma and my mum was trying to wake me up, and any day now I would wake an fine myself in a world of people that make sense and think similar to me!

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 3:33 pm

yes I hear them

jamie777
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2007, 3:52 pm

i have read all the posts and its all very weird,im sure i have heard a voice before but it has never happened much,,i do have weird dreams that sometime seem to be in the same places,meaning a location,,and i had nightmares last year with something evil in,,like a eye on a tv screen with static around it,,this was reaveled to me later that it was something to do with a woman i had a short relationship with,,i was madly in love with her and i would spend all day everyday thinking about her so i guess its normal that i would dream about her,but she changed and went nasty on me and she caused me a lot of upset and i could not take it when she went out my life,
i had a dream wheree the eye on the screen that would leave me scared for ages after i woke was revealed to be a warning that she had something not normal about her, kinda like the she was the evil thing i had been seeing in my sleep,

i have done controled evp and have had voices on the recording,so i belive there is something out there and some of you could really be hearing from the other side,

Nully
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jul 2007, 5:01 pm

Sqrrlsarge wrote:
used to get it all the time when I was younger, especially with all that medicine they stuffed me with. now here's somthing really F-ed up that happens to me on and off when I'm asleep that I just can't ignore. this usually happens when I couldn't fall asleep for a while and am just now dosing off at 3 AM. all of a sudden its like I just got an electric shock, and I can't move, or open my eyes, and feel this vibration in my head and hear this buzzing, and all I can think is "holy crap what is going on?" I struggle for about 5 minutes, then wake up completely fine. never has happened twice in one night. to my knowledge I have no other disorder than Aspergers syndrome.

That is sleep paralysis. You normally go through it every night. However, sometimes it can happen while you are conscious, and it isn't a big deal at all. It is so you don't act out your dreams. Also, many lucid dreamers will try to achieve conscious sleep paralysis as it is a sign that WILD (Wake-Initiated Lucid Dream) is about to happen.