How Do You Redesign Civilisation? | Jordan Hall | Modern Wis

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2020, 10:36 am

I'm sure this will float like a lead balloon (as these sorts of things tend to). Still good orientation info and well worth the listen. It's about looking at what's needed to handle our current combination of existential risk from exponential technology while we're still essentially playing zero-sum rivalrous games and what strings we might need to pull on in order to shift our culture - if not entirely (probably impossible) - at least enough off of that basis to be able to survive through the next century and have a system that can survive at least some of the non-optional Darwinian grifting and artful dishonesty that our species does so well and holds as sacred and central to 'fitness' as it does.

I'll post both full version (46 min) and TL:DW (7 min), and if both are TL:DW then best to just (internally - I don't need to know) 'not my cup of tea'.

7 minute:

46 minute:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin