What if your government threatens to disable heating?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Oct 2020, 6:05 am

In the middle of winter, nonetheless... and they're surprised when I say I'd be violent if anyone tries to barge in?! What's surprising about retaliating about this sadistic, metaphorical rape?! :x

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 8:01 am

Is this about a boiler inspection? People will be surprised if you can't handle this perfectly normal activity that helps keep you safe. I'd suggest that you move off the grid and manage all your own utilities if you can't settle down where you are.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 9:08 am

In your other thread about this that you made a few months back, you did state that you'd rather live without heating than catch COVID, so here we are. You didn't catch COVID but you're not going to have heating.

Have a nice winter.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 12:17 pm

Suggesting that you move off-grid is not a rejection - there are few people to bother each other out there, and they tend to value that in each other as well. My best friend spent his best years on beaches that could only be accessed by long, sometimes dangerous canoe trips.

malavois
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2020, 12:35 pm

Weirdness wrote:
In the middle of winter, nonetheless... and they're surprised when I say I'd be violent if anyone tries to barge in?! What's surprising about retaliating about this sadistic, metaphorical rape?! :x

Where do you live? I work in utility regulation in the United States. I might know of some options.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 12:37 pm

Weirdness wrote:
In the middle of winter, nonetheless... and they're surprised when I say I'd be violent if anyone tries to barge in?! What's surprising about retaliating about this sadistic, metaphorical rape?!
Are they specifically targeting you, or are there other people in your flat or building who would also be affected?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 12:55 pm

Are you always as angry as you are on here cos if so that's not just autism.

If this is a 'freezing cold through winter' thing - tell the CAB or similar. Get the council involved if you can't afford to pay.

If this is a 'checking your boiler' thing - I suggest getting over it.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 1:23 pm

Is this a hypothetical question? Simple. Get a kerosene heater (used to do that all the time in winter when the electricity went out) or start a bonfire in the backyard.

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Oct 2020, 3:35 am

Sure KT67, Joe90, it's great you have no fear whatsoever of a pandemic, but some people aren't as reckless as you...

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 3:56 am

Weirdness wrote:
Sure KT67, Joe90, it's great you have no fear whatsoever of a pandemic, but some people aren't as reckless as you...

You, OTOH, have such extreme fear of the pandemic that the fear alone is ruining your life. The hazard from a single visitor is easily managed. People do riskier things just to earn a living every day.
I recently read that some children are almost fearless, so the warnings needed to keep them safe send the naturally cautious types into paranoia.
I am reminded of the time in England when several letter bombs had been discovered, and postal workers were assigned to check for them. At least one of the inspectors was so afraid that he killed himself to end the uncertainty.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 4:38 am

Weirdness wrote:

It's not that we have no fear, but I am not going to let this pandemic turn me into a hermit.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 4:59 am

When I first started sanitizing my house this spring, I was nervous and not sure about how to stay safe as I worked. Now, it is quick and easy. I strongly suggest some practice cleansings, to get used to the process and reduce anxiety.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 5:01 am

Guess I'd wear more clothes?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 5:31 am

Weirdness wrote:

And noting the content reference in this comment;
Joe90 wrote:
In your other thread about this that you made a few months back, you did state that you'd rather live without heating than catch COVID,...

Okay, I've looked at both threads now and it is beginning to look like what we have here is someone who takes on attitudes which will, and seeks out ways to negate, undermine, anyone who wants to help them.

That behavior of negating everyone who want to help and support you would not be happening unless it met a need, brought gain, provided fulfillment, enriched the spirit.

So, what enrichment of your spirit do you gain from negating and alienating, from pushing away, everyone who wants to help?

Does it keep you from being sullied, reduced, tainted, by all those lesser beings who are incapable of seeing this world as deep and clearly as you do?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 8:20 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Okay, I've looked at both threads now and it is beginning to look like what we have here is someone who takes on attitudes which will, and seeks out ways to negate, undermine, anyone who wants to help them.  That behavior of negating everyone who want to help and support you would not be happening unless it met a need, brought gain, provided fulfillment, enriched the spirit...
Wow!  Déjà vu!

What you describe seems to have happened on WrongPlanet before -- someone complaining over and over again about their troubles while rejecting all suggestions and advice; even going so far as to start multiple threads on the same subject in multiple sub-fora.

It's déjà vu, all over again!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JP210168
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2020, 5:16 pm

Bundle up I say. Dunno about you, but I love it cold and frosty. :mrgreen: