Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 9:52 am

KT67 wrote:
Not every AFAB person out there wants a cis boyfriend.  Yes, I'm technically bi. But in the real world, there aren't guys out there who I fancy or like to look at in the street...
As my late mother would have said, "You be you!"

If I may suggest ... because it seems unlikely that Alex will get around to expanding the gender options for our profiles, you might want to consider posting yours as part of your sig line.

Cheers!

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 7:13 am

Pepe wrote:
Does anyone know the percentage of Bi people in the adult population?

It's practically impossible to get an entirely accurate number. Especially when we account for factors such as biphobia (discrimination against bisexual people) which is prevalent among gay and lesbians as well as in the cishet (cisgender and heterosexual) community. Self-reporting isn't always entirely accurate. Then there's pansexuality.

From my understanding, and the definition I see most often, bisexuality is where someone is attracted to both and all gender variations, however the attraction feels different depending on whether it is directed towards a man or a woman. They might have a preference one way or the other, or they may not. Whereas, with pansexuality, gender isn't a factor. The attraction feels the same either way.

With that said, there's still a lot of debate regarding the distinction. For some, this distinction matters, others don't mind so much.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 1:08 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
If you don't want a boyfriend, then don't have a boyfriend. Simple!

(I do not intend to be rude. Just say "No" if a man asks you. (It is a whole lot harder to get a boyfriend then it is to say no to a potential boyfriend)).

All due respect MG, but you are a heterosexual(?) man, and so have been exempted in society from the specific type of pressure the OP is describing in this case.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 1:12 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Bisexuality is curious for me? most bisexual women say they are bisexual but end up only dating women?

Nope, although what you are saying is a common misconception. Bisexual people can be into any ratio of men and/or women and still be perfectly valid bisexuals. You can be bisexual and have only ever dated men. You can be bisexual and only ever have dated women. Bisexuality is not an act, it is a sexual orientation. It is about who the person is attracted to (an innate quality), not which experiences the person has had so far in life.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 1:22 pm

KT67 wrote:
That means I'm staying single. Unless the right woman comes along.

It sounds like you've been through an awful lot over the years just to get to be yourself without facing negative consequences from people around you. I can relate to a lot of what you are describing and I respect your perspective and attitude. Just wanted to say that.