Looking for autistic friends to talk to

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2020, 4:53 pm

Hi all

I am restricted in a place with no autistics to talk to. Anyone willing to exchange some words with a friendly autistic with no access to social media, phone or email? Friends are welcome :)

I need someone to comfort me"

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 9:03 pm

lmhatahata wrote:
Hi all

I am restricted in a place with no autistics to talk to. Anyone willing to exchange some words with a friendly autistic with no access to social media, phone or email? Friends are welcome :)

That depends.
Are you a mad hatahata? :scratch:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 1:35 am

lmhatahata wrote:
Hi all

If you have no access to social media, phone or email:

(1) How did you manage to post on Wrong Planet? Apparently you do have at least occasional, intermittent Internet access? How often do you have Internet access?

(2) How do you plan to stay in touch with any friends you might make here, if not via social media, phone or email?

(3) What do you mean when you say that you are restricted? What general kind of circumstance is restricting you?

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2020, 4:40 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
lmhatahata wrote:
Hi all

(1) How did you manage to post on Wrong Planet? Apparently you do have at least occasional, intermittent Internet access? How often do you have Internet access?

(2) How do you plan to stay in touch with any friends you might make here, if not via social media, phone or email?

(3) What do you mean when you say that you are restricted? What general kind of circumstance is restricting you?

Ok, I admit that was confusing and I apologize. Some answers:

(1) They have all email sites, fb, twitter, instagram etc blocked. There are no other autistics here and most do not speak English, so I was happy to find that Wrong Planet was unblocked. They probably don´t even know about it.
I do have internet access, 30min max at a time, if a computer is available (there are 3 machines for ~60ppl). I usually have a chance very early in the morning (6h31 here now), when most of the others are still asleep, or at meal times (breakfast, lunch and dinner. when most are eating).

(2) For now, Wrong Planet is the only way for me to stay in touch with anyone outside my family.

(3) I'm locked up in a psych clinic for no real reason. My mother is 74yo, she thought I was bothering her too much and used my history of panic disorder and depression to put me here. My phone calls were not restricted for the first four days or so, and my regular doctor called to check on me, say that he would contact the clinic with his medical opinion that I should not be here and talk to the psychiatrist from here. He also said he would try to stay in touch, but my mother asked the clinic to restrict my calls so he cannot call me anymore.

I hope this clears up things, but I don't mind if you have other questions. This is complicated and I understand your doubts.

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2020, 4:43 am

Pepe wrote:
lmhatahata wrote:
Hi all

That depends.
Are you a mad hatahata? :scratch:

Hmm.... not sure. I might be. I am not typical, that's for sure :D

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 5:03 am

Is your mother your legal guardian? What country do you live in if she can put you in a hospital without your consent, if not.

I'm all for having friends and am happy to "talk" to you. I am concerned about your living situation.

What do you want to talk about?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 6:35 am

Oh I hope you get your freedom back.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 7:50 am

lmhatahata wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
lmhatahata wrote:
Hi all

(1) They have all email sites, fb, twitter, instagram etc blocked. There are no other autistics here and most do not speak English, so I was happy to find that Wrong Planet was unblocked. They probably don´t even know about it.
I do have internet access, 30min max at a time, if a computer is available (there are 3 machines for ~60ppl). I usually have a chance very early in the morning (6h31 here now), when most of the others are still asleep, or at meal times (breakfast, lunch and dinner. when most are eating).

(2) For now, Wrong Planet is the only way for me to stay in touch with anyone outside my family.

(3) I'm locked up in a psych clinic for no real reason. My mother is 74yo, she thought I was bothering her too much and used my history of panic disorder and depression to put me here. My phone calls were not restricted for the first four days or so, and my regular doctor called to check on me, say that he would contact the clinic with his medical opinion that I should not be here and talk to the psychiatrist from here. He also said he would try to stay in touch, but my mother asked the clinic to restrict my calls so he cannot call me anymore.

I hope this clears up things, but I don't mind if you have other questions. This is complicated and I understand your doubts.

I think it ironic/funny that I made that joke about "The Mad Hatahata", before I knew your situation. :mrgreen:

I've never come across a situation like yours before.

I'd be surprised if the staff at your hospital would restrict access to your psychiatrist, even if your mother didn't want you to have calls.
Do you know his phone number?
Perhaps the staff could phone him and tell him what the situation is?

What about the psychiatrists at your hospital.
Why can't they assess you?

Are you an aspie?
If so, have you told the staff at the hospital?
I imagine it would be vital information for assessing you.

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2020, 9:51 am

blazingstar wrote:
Is your mother your legal guardian? What country do you live in if she can put you in a hospital without your consent, if not.

I'm all for having friends and am happy to "talk" to you. I am concerned about your living situation.

What do you want to talk about?

My mother is not my legal guardian but she is "responsible" for me, as they say. I honestly think this is ridiculous considering my age and that I am perfectly able to make my own decisions and take care of myself. I'm in Brazil btw.

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2020, 10:01 am

Pepe wrote:
lmhatahata wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
lmhatahata wrote:
Hi all

I think it ironic/funny that I made that joke about "The Mad Hatahata", before I knew your situation. :mrgreen:

I've never come across a situation like yours before.

I'd be surprised if the staff at your hospital would restrict access to your psychiatrist, even if your mother didn't want you to have calls.
Do you know his phone number?
Perhaps the staff could phone him and tell him what the situation is?

What about the psychiatrists at your hospital.
Why can't they assess you?

Are you an aspie?
If so, have you told the staff at the hospital?
I imagine it would be vital information for assessing you.

That was funny! Made me laugh anyway. Ironic indeed. Yes, I am diagnosed Asperger´s or ASD1, but they are not taking this very seriously even though my doctor has written a letter with all my diagnoses, that also include panic disorder and PTSD, all under control and would be even better if it wasn't for my mother. They did not allow me to wear sunglasses nor my ear defenders. There are lights on everywhere, I can't stay outside for too long bc it is too bright and part of the clinic is being remodelled, causing an unbearable noise that caused me meltdowns that they tried to medicate with benzos. I told them that would not work and I needed to be isolated in the dark and silence for a while to get better, no meds necessary. Only one psychologist took me seriously and allowed me to stay at his office in the dark until I felt better after reaching out to him, barely able to speak, the only words I could say were "too much noise", "too bright", "lots of people". They assigned a new psychiatrist for me here at the hospital but she does not even listen when I talk about being autistic. The nutritionist tried to argue with me that my restricted diet had nothing to do with being autistic. Really frustrating!

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 10:13 am

Those doctors and the nutritionist don't sound very good at their jobs 8O. You'd think they'd be able to listen to reason! It sucks not having control of your life because of their ignorance.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 10:19 am

How to keep you cheerful.

I know a joke. Hear about the man who tried to blow up a bus? He burnt his lips on the exhaust pipe (Tail pipe).

Uhmmm. Not sure if my jokes help. Some people may go "Oh no. Not his jokes again!"

Uhmmm. I need ideas... Thinking of the Doozers building things on Fraggle Rock... Or Chef on the Muppet Show. (Whatever his name is...).

Or Sprocket from Fraggle Rock..

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2020, 4:40 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
How to keep you cheerful.

I know a joke. Hear about the man who tried to blow up a bus? He burnt his lips on the exhaust pipe (Tail pipe).

Uhmmm. Not sure if my jokes help. Some people may go "Oh no. Not his jokes again!"

Uhmmm. I need ideas... Thinking of the Doozers building things on Fraggle Rock... Or Chef on the Muppet Show. (Whatever his name is...).

Or Sprocket from Fraggle Rock..

That made me laugh. I needed that. thank you <3

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2020, 4:42 pm

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
Those doctors and the nutritionist don't sound very good at their jobs 8O. You'd think they'd be able to listen to reason! It sucks not having control of your life because of their ignorance.

Now they won't let me speak to the one psychologist I mentioned who understood. I just want to cry now

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2020, 4:43 pm

lmhatahata wrote:
AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:

Now they won't let me speak to the one psychologist I mentioned who understood. I just want to cry now

I'm breaking down

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 4:47 pm

Sorry to hear. I hope more staff start to understand you.