Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 3:29 pm

Jack planted the magic beans and in one night a giant beanstalk grew all the way from the earth up to the clouds--which sounds like a lie, but it can be done with genetic engineering, and although a few people are against eating gene-engineered foods like those beans it's a high-paying career to think about for when you grow up.
Frances Grimble
San Francisco, CA

blondie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2005, 9:08 pm

That Is A Funny Joke :) :star:

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2005, 10:35 am

I suppose it is possible, but i'd like to know how the bean stock gets enough oxygen to live when it grows that high. The oxygen is pretty thin up there.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2005, 1:30 pm

Nomaken wrote:
I suppose it is possible, but i'd like to know how the bean stock gets enough oxygen to live when it grows that high. The oxygen is pretty thin up there.

Uhhh did you forget biology? Plants breathe CO2. they Expel O2. Actually it would do wonders for the Greenhouse Gas Emisions problem. Furthermore, if you could genetically modify the bean further plant to expel O2 from the Troposphere up until the lower Stratosphere, and O3 from that point on upwards, humanity would be incredibly greatful to you for doing so.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2005, 7:45 pm

Yeah, and what happens when someone hijacks a plane and flies it into this beanstalk?