The site "The Neurotypical". What do you think?

Page 1 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

deepseastag11
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 13 Oct 2020
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 3

14 Oct 2020, 6:22 pm

Because I'm new I can't post web adresses, so just Google it (it should be the first search result).

Anyway, it contains mountains of evidence indicating that normal people hate us with every fiber of their being. Go to the Testimonials section if you don't believe me. After visiting similar sites (for partners and family members of aspies) I discovered they all share the same sentiment.

My opinion about that site can be summed up using this beautiful quote:
"Never before have I been so offended by something I 100% agree with." - James Acaster



Apuleius
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Joined: 4 Jul 2018
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 88
Location: Boston

14 Oct 2020, 6:40 pm

Looks like a new version of the Heartless Aspergers site.



AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,082
Location: Fluidic Space

14 Oct 2020, 6:50 pm

deepseastag11 wrote:

My opinion about that site can be summed up using this beautiful quote:
"Never before have I been so offended by something I 100% agree with." - James Acaster


Are you saying you agree with the website you referenced?



Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2020
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,961
Location: U.S.A.

14 Oct 2020, 7:23 pm

Oooh!! I'm a mild Aspie married to an ADHD. Is that good or bad? Should we both be horrified by the other???

Actually, we're married. Maybe not "horror" but certainly frequent surprise on both sides. (But, I'm an Aspie, I don't like change, she's stuck with me; and she's ADHD, she's too busy to get rid of me!)


_________________
When diagnosed I bought champagne!
I finally knew why people were strange.


starkid
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,811
Location: California Bay Area

14 Oct 2020, 7:34 pm

Quote:
For people with Hfa the conscience is little more than an intellectual awareness of rules others make up – empty words.


Quote:
Many people attempt the search for inner understanding and getting in touch with their feelings. People with Hfa who search this way are doomed to failure.


Quote:
They listen only to the first few words of a complex sentence and extrapolate what they assume or believe the speaker will or should say, to fit their own world view, and then if they do comment at all it will be to interrupt, speak over the top of the other person, cut them off midsentence and continue with their own interpretation or to tell the other person what the rest of the sentence should be.


Looks like biased BS. All these quotes are from this one article: https://theneurotypical.com/conversatio ... h-hfa.html

Other than that sort of thing, it's a shitload of research (some dubious and not directly related to autism) and stuff that is intended to be a source of emotional support for people who have an autistic person in their life (with the assumption that this is a negative life experience for the non-autistic person).

Just seems like it was created with an agenda to made autism seem like something very negative and to make partners of autistic people seem like victims. There's really shady content on the site, such as this (https://theneurotypical.com/narcissism-and-asd.html) poorly-evidenced suggestion that NPD is similar to autism, the implication that traits some autistic people have are had by all autistic people, etc.



Feyokien
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2014
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,290
Location: The Northern Waste

14 Oct 2020, 7:46 pm

deepseastag11 wrote:
Anyway, it contains mountains of evidence indicating that normal people hate us with every fiber of their being. Go to the Testimonials section if you don't believe me. After visiting similar sites (for partners and family members of aspies) I discovered they all share the same sentiment.


Just because someone made a website and some people use it, probably in the hundreds or less, doesn't mean every 'normal' person hates us.

deepseastag11 wrote:
My opinion about that site can be summed up using this beautiful quote:
"Never before have I been so offended by something I 100% agree with." - James Acaster


What exactly are you trying to say? You agree with the 'normal' people that post on that website about people on the spectrum?



Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 21,239
Location: UK

14 Oct 2020, 8:08 pm

These sorts of sites make my blood boil.


_________________
Female
Aged 31
On antidepressants
Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 105,615
Location: the island of defective toy santas

14 Oct 2020, 8:08 pm

hate at a distance is just noise. but hate up close is noxious.



Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 638
Location: California

14 Oct 2020, 8:24 pm

I am relatively new in this forum...It was recommended as a place where i may find support...Seeking a little understanding, in case i may needed it...Though to be frank, what i really seek is not to be understood but to better understand my beloved husband...Who i am certain is an undiagnosed Aspie...After reading this thread about other sites where Aspies are 'demonized' (for lack of a better word)...I confess that during my courtship of 1 year and 8 months to my now husband, I mistakenly suspected that he was a narcissist...I even bought me a book on the topic!...Sadly, sometimes my Aspies' behavior made him appear like a narcissist...Overtime, i realized it was all a gross misunderstanding from my behalf...And i was just plain ignorant--and still am--about the way in which my husband's brain is wired...Suffice to say, i am forever grateful to God that i never felt compelled to join any of those sites where hatred is spread...And more grateful that i was directed here...I am certain that if those people in those sites had more knowledge and education on the topic of autism, they would think differently and would be here instead...God bless you all!! !...I do like you...So much so, i married one of you... :heart: :heart: :heart:



Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 21,239
Location: UK

14 Oct 2020, 8:25 pm

I find it hard to let these sorts of sites go ignored though. It's easy for people to say "just ignore it". Now that I know this f****d up site exists (the neurotypical site) I cannot rest.

This is why I am sweeping my embarrassing label under the rug. That site isn't the only site that has bashed autistics, and anyone can easily stumble upon them and get the wrong idea of what autistics are really like. It's as bad as racism, IMO.

I am embarrassed by being on the spectrum because of how society perceives autism. And it doesn't help the newly diagnosed autistics either. They're going to search autism and relationships on the internet, see these hate sites, and start to believe that they are hateful and worthless.

And don't say "people are entitled to their opinions" because that is no excuse to create a whole website falsely bashing a group of people. What if I had a negative opinion about black people and created a whole site for the purpose of bad-mouthing and stigmatising? I would probably be shamed, tracked down and arrested for such racism. And they'd be right to arrest me too, because I don't agree at all with any group of innocent people being bigoted like that.


_________________
Female
Aged 31
On antidepressants
Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 105,615
Location: the island of defective toy santas

14 Oct 2020, 8:30 pm

Clueless2017 wrote:
I am relatively new in this forum...It was recommended as a place where i may find support...Seeking a little understanding, in case i may needed it...Though to be frank, what i really seek is not to be understood but to better understand my beloved husband...Who i am certain is an undiagnosed Aspie...After reading this thread about other sites where Aspies are 'demonized' (for lack of a better word)...I confess that during my courtship of 1 year and 8 months to my now husband, I mistakenly suspected that he was a narcissist...I even bought me a book on the topic!...Sadly, sometimes my Aspies' behavior made him appear like a narcissist...Overtime, i realized it was all a gross misunderstanding from my behalf...And i was just plain ignorant--and still am--about the way in which my husband's brain is wired...Suffice to say, i am forever grateful to God that i never felt compelled to join any of those sites where hatred is spread...And more grateful that i was directed here...I am certain that if those people in those sites had more knowledge and education on the topic of autism, they would think differently and would be here instead...God bless you all!! !...I do like you...So much so, i married one of you... :heart: :heart: :heart:

you're not clueless after all! :study: :star: :wtg:



AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,082
Location: Fluidic Space

14 Oct 2020, 8:35 pm

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.



Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 638
Location: California

14 Oct 2020, 8:38 pm

Don't yet know how to tag when responding...Please forgive me...And yes, i was completely clueless in the year 2017, when i met my beloved husband...And slowly, i am learning to better understand him... :wink:



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 105,615
Location: the island of defective toy santas

14 Oct 2020, 8:38 pm

^^^may god bless you both :heart:



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,354

14 Oct 2020, 8:39 pm

As an NT I don't endorse that site or hate anyone?

Is it possible to have the site taken down?



Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Age: 25
Posts: 866
Location: Missouri

14 Oct 2020, 8:43 pm

cyberdad wrote:
As an NT I don't endorse that site or hate anyone?

Is it possible to have the site taken down?


I sent an email to Crazy Domains (the host of this site) a couple months ago requesting it be taken down when I ran across it, but I never received a response.