Page 8 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 4:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
This reminds me of the election time Clinton email scandal.

Yes this is designed for precisely the same purpose. To inflict maximum damage on Biden's reputation.

Which reminds me of the Russia scandal.

Round and round it goes.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 4:12 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I find it a bit hard to believe that anyone - - Hunter Biden or not - - would just leave a laptop with a repairman and forget all about it if such incriminating things were on it. This is just the Trump crew's feeble attempt at manufacturing an October Surprise in my humble opinion.

Anything is possible in American politics. 8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 4:18 am

cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Besides Snopes not exactly being an unbiased site, the "fact check" to which you refer pre-dates the release of any of the emails from the laptop, none of which were used in any part of the report being referenced in the article, and which may have altered its findings had they been available at that time.

A number of factcheck webpages have come to the same conclusion. Trump is trying to revive the old Biden/Ukraine and Biden/China conspiracies which I am sure the FBI would already have intelligence and acted on if information was avaialble
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/10/trump ... d-ukraine/

The idea that US intelligence is incapable of finding this stuff on their own without requiring emails from some random laptop seems ludicrous. You might have forgotten the democrats had similar problems with Russia's interference with the US election and the late night meetings that Trump Jnr conducted with dubious people in seedy places.

We'll see what happens...There does appear, based on what has been released to this point, to be more facts behind the Biden related stories than there was behind the Trump ones.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 4:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Well the Trump scam campaign is certainly in full swing
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/v ... s-n1238553

Twitter and Facebook have been working overtime removing fake accounts pretending to be black MAGA supporters

That's been going on for a while. But the only people they're convincing that blacks are turning in droves to Trump are Trump voters.

I think we are again underestimating the potential power of strategy from the Trump camp
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... y-1041522/

There are literally millions of Kanye fans (he isn't a billionaire by accident) and I fear sentiment will overtake rationale thought.

I haven't seen anything in the way of support for Kanye West. Most voters aren't going to be swayed by his color or his music, especially since most Americans know he's certifiable. If his so called candidacy was a ploy of Team Trump to bleed voters off of Biden, it failed miserably.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 4:26 am

There's a new report that Hunter Biden has been sent by his father to go sit in a corner and think about what he did.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 4:29 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
There's a new report that Hunter Biden has been sent by his father to go sit in a corner and think about what he did.

:mrgreen:

Do I know you? :scratch:

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 4:39 am

Pepe wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

:mrgreen:

Do I know you? :scratch:

How could you not? I'm Father Time.

Although I refuse to go on TikTok.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 7:55 pm

It seems that Joe may not have been entirely honest:

Quote:
NASHVILLE, TENN. — Hunter Biden’s ex-business associate Tony Bobulinski accused Democratic nominee Joe Biden of lying about his involvement in his family’s overseas dealings in a stunning appearance just 90 minutes before Thursday evening’s presidential debate.

“I have heard Joe Biden say he has never discussed his dealings with Hunter. That is false. I have firsthand knowledge about this because I directly dealt with the Biden family, including Joe Biden,” Bobulinski said following The Post’s bombshell reporting on Hunter Biden’s private emails.

Bobulinski, who will be a guest of President Trump at the debate, showed three phones spanning 2015 to 2018 as evidence and said he would be meeting with the Senate and the FBI to hand over electronics.

Quote:
In one message sent on May 20, 2017, Gilliar warned Bobulinski not to mention the Democratic nominee’s involvement in the SinoHawk deal.

“Don’t mention Joe being involved, it’s only when u [sic] are face to face, I know u [sic] know that but they are paranoid,” a screenshot of the message from Gilliar read.

Bobulinski said Gilliar and fellow partner Rob Walker of being “paranoid about keeping Joe Biden’s involvement secret.”

The famous family has been dogged for years by allegations of impropriety following Hunter Biden’s lucrative role on the board of Ukrainian energy company Burisma while his father was vice president

Source: https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/hunter-ex-partner-tony-bobulinski-calls-joe-biden-a-liar/

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 8:16 pm

Brictoria wrote:
It seems that Joe may not have been entirely honest:

A politician being dishonest?
An *American* politician being dishonest?
Preposterous!! :mrgreen:

Quote:
NASHVILLE, TENN. — Hunter Biden’s ex-business associate Tony Bobulinski accused Democratic nominee Joe Biden of lying about his involvement in his family’s overseas dealings in a stunning appearance just 90 minutes before Thursday evening’s presidential debate.

“I have heard Joe Biden say he has never discussed his dealings with Hunter. That is false. I have firsthand knowledge about this because I directly dealt with the Biden family, including Joe Biden,” Bobulinski said following The Post’s bombshell reporting on Hunter Biden’s private emails.

Bobulinski, who will be a guest of President Trump at the debate, showed three phones spanning 2015 to 2018 as evidence and said he would be meeting with the Senate and the FBI to hand over electronics.

Quote:
In one message sent on May 20, 2017, Gilliar warned Bobulinski not to mention the Democratic nominee’s involvement in the SinoHawk deal.

“Don’t mention Joe being involved, it’s only when u [sic] are face to face, I know u [sic] know that but they are paranoid,” a screenshot of the message from Gilliar read.

Bobulinski said Gilliar and fellow partner Rob Walker of being “paranoid about keeping Joe Biden’s involvement secret.”

The famous family has been dogged for years by allegations of impropriety following Hunter Biden’s lucrative role on the board of Ukrainian energy company Burisma while his father was vice president

Source: https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/hunter-ex-partner-tony-bobulinski-calls-joe-biden-a-liar/[/quote]

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2020, 12:58 am

On the flipside an ex-business associate might have an axe to grind with Biden. Again whether there is anything tangible remains to be seen however the timing is again awfully convenient to sure up the anti-Biden rhetoric that Trump is ramping up.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2020, 6:24 am

The videos are starting to leak courtesy of an anti-CCP Chinese organisation. It's worse than most people thought.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2020, 7:05 am

Quick someone break out the pee tape as a counter measure.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2020, 7:17 am

Mikah wrote:
The videos are starting to leak courtesy of an anti-CCP Chinese organisation. It's worse than most people thought.

I'm guessing these were the Hunter videos from the laptop which you are talking about? If so, they are unlikely to make much of an impact on the election (They may call in to question the reason behind how he gained his high-paying jobs overseas, with some undecided voters, though).

I don't know, but I get the feeling that so far they have held back some of the emails (or information related to\gathered from them and other corroborating sources), waiting to spring them in the last week/few days before the election, providing less time to counter\"explain" them: What was released seems too "limited" based on the quantity of images\emails\etc.

Then again, maybe what has been held back (if anything) was in the hope of some denial\explanation, to which they had a counter ready for, and so absent the "never got money from any overseas source" [1] claim from the debate, the information may not be as powerful\effective.

[1] Of course, this relies on the audience understanding the claim to be only referring to direct payments, and that payments that went to some other company, and then were used for his "expences" wasn't "paid" to him, which I feel may be something that could be a subject of a future article, should this have occurred...Indirect payments, were they to have occurred and be able to be simply explained\illustrated, may prove a big issue, not just for the payments but also for the selectively worded denial.

Whatever happens, it will be interesting to observe.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2020, 1:10 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
Well, it's from a trashy tabloid, so the story MUST be completely true! :roll: :roll: :roll:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2020, 2:53 am

Brictoria wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
Well, it's from a trashy tabloid, so the story MUST be completely true! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Replace "Joe Biden's" name with Donald Trump and you have Fox news

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2020, 3:41 am

The wheels are really coming off Hunter's Presidential campaign now.....