Is it possible for Trump to remove the mayors on grounds...

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 36
Posts: 1,947
Location: canada

15 Oct 2020, 10:38 pm

Cities are getting out of control in the U.S. and it seems that Trump has offered to send in military support to help out, with cities like Chicago, Seattle, and Portland so far... L.A. is getting really out of hand, and I am not sure if he offered for that one yet.

However, the mayors of these cities do not want any support sent in, but why? Do they just want to be heroes and try to solve the problems by themselves, with nothing more than the support in their own cities?

I was also wondering, is their any legal action the President can invoke in which the mayors can be removed, on mental or insanity and incompetence reasons, since they have pretty much gone insane to refuse support in my opinion? Or what do you think?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,283
Location: Queens, NYC

15 Oct 2020, 10:52 pm

Of what, exactly?

No, Trump can’t remove mayors from office. What is this....a dictatorship?

Do you think Trudeau could remove the mayor of Toronto?

Anyway, only small sections of cities have protestors. Most people don’t want to be bothered with that crap. They have families to support.

Do you feel most Americans carry guns in the streets?



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,269

16 Oct 2020, 12:21 am

Please Stop Watching Fringe News, if You Will; And Get in Touch With Science
As the FBI Does Say that Domestic Terrorism is the Biggest Threat
Currently to America Associated With Racism And Other Hate Crimes.

Other than that Look at the Research Below:

"AN OVERWHELMINGLY PEACEFUL MOVEMENT

The vast majority of demonstration events associated with the BLM movement are non-violent (see map below). In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity. Peaceful protests are reported in over 2,400 distinct locations around the country. Violent demonstrations,4 meanwhile, have been limited to fewer than 220 locations — under 10% of the areas that experienced peaceful protests. In many urban areas like Portland, Oregon, for example, which has seen sustained unrest since Floyd’s killing, violent demonstrations are largely confined to specific blocks, rather than dispersed throughout the city (CNN, 1 September 2020)."

"The greatest threat we face in the homeland is that posed by lone actors radicalized online who look to attack soft targets with easily accessible weapons. We see this lone actor threat manifested both within domestic violent extremists (DVEs) and homegrown violent extremists (HVEs), two distinct sets of individuals that generally self-radicalize and mobilize to violence on their own. DVEs are individuals who commit violent criminal acts in furtherance of ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as racial bias and anti-government sentiment. HVEs are individuals who have been radicalized primarily in the United States, and who are inspired by, but not receiving individualized direction from, foreign terrorist organizations (FTOs)."

It's Clear that Trump And Company (Minions) is Putting Emphasis Where the Biggest Problems are not;

It's Also Clear that Trump is Not Dismissing Domestic Terrorism As the Number One Threat to Homeland Security it is.

And in Fact, Trump is Encouraging it by Not Calling it out as he Refuses to Call-Out the Q-Anon Non-Sense Per Town
Hall Meeting Tonight; And Dangerous Home Grown Domestic Terrorism Already Associated With These Conspiracy Theorists too.

The Only Person And Associated Cronies Fixing to Be Removed is Ignorant Politicians From Office by Vote, Who are
Truly Threatening Our Democracy And Human Lives Through Ignorance of Science And Basic Human Empathy for Others.

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demons ... mmer-2020/

https://www.fbi.gov/news/testimony/worl ... and-091720


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,082
Location: Fluidic Space

16 Oct 2020, 12:38 am

^ Well put Aghogday :) and you cited sources which is as wonderful as it is rare :nerdy:.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,269

16 Oct 2020, 12:47 am

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
^ Well put Aghogday :) and you cited sources which is as wonderful as it is rare :nerdy:.


Thank You. Hehe; it's all i used to do in Life; the Research..:)

The Creativity is More Fun; But There Are Two Sides

of Intelligence to Pursue, at least; hehe..;)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,570

16 Oct 2020, 1:23 am

ironpony wrote:
Cities are getting out of control in the U.S. and it seems that Trump has offered to send in military support to help out, with cities like Chicago, Seattle, and Portland so far... L.A. is getting really out of hand, and I am not sure if he offered for that one yet.

L.A. has been getting out of hand ever since comedian Roscoe ‘Fatty’ Arbuckle got charged with manslaughter in 1921. It will continue to do so.

ironpony wrote:
However, the mayors of these cities do not want any support sent in, but why? Do they just want to be heroes and try to solve the problems by themselves, with nothing more than the support in their own cities?

Perhaps they think Trump *is* the problem?

ironpony wrote:
I was also wondering, is their any legal action the President can invoke in which the mayors can be removed, on mental or insanity and incompetence reasons, since they have pretty much gone insane to refuse support in my opinion? Or what do you think?

Yes. Under the 25th amendment, an insane and incompetent president can be remo…. oh, wait, I read your post wrong...


_________________
Omit needless words.


ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 36
Posts: 1,947
Location: canada

16 Oct 2020, 6:10 am

Oh okay. Well I am not saying that Trump is good at all, it's just crime has gotten so bad in those cities, they need to appeal to outside help to come in, since they cannot solve it on their own. So if not appealing to the President then, then who do you appeal to...



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,283
Location: Queens, NYC

16 Oct 2020, 6:49 am

You should visit Portland sometime.

The media paints a false picture of Portland. It’s only a “war zone” in a very small part of the city. Even there, rioting is not a constant thing.

If you don’t come looking for trouble, you won’t find it.

Saying this, the mayors should do a better job in preventing looting and riots when they do happen.

Sending in federal troops would set a bad precedent.



roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 589
Location: Indiana

16 Oct 2020, 5:10 pm

No, he does not.
These mayors probably don't want federal military intervention because they are not so stupid as to think that that would not just fan the flames of further unrest.
The only reason anyone is having this kind of discussion about removing mayors and governors is because of conservative media outlets sensationalizing urban unrest and crime for ratings as they have for decades. The citizens of these states and cities know what is happening in their backyards far better than someone in a red state hundreds of miles away being spoonfed cherry picked information from Fox News. In the case of Michigan and Virginia, this sensationalized discourse had nearly led to governors being assassinated.
If you want to live in a country where the federal government can remove governors on whim, go to the Russian Federation:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/18/thousands-protest-again-over-arrest-of-russian-regional-governor


_________________
Diagnoses: AS, Depression, General & Social Anxiety
I guess I just wasn't made for these times.
- Brian Wilson

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν
Those in positions of power do what their power permits, while the weak have no choice but to accept it.

- Thucydides


ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 36
Posts: 1,947
Location: canada

16 Oct 2020, 9:11 pm

Oh okay, so basically the crime is not that bad, the news is just sensationalizing it? But if governors are nearly being assassinated, isn't that quite bad, like the news would suggest, or no?



roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 589
Location: Indiana

16 Oct 2020, 9:21 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, so basically the crime is not that bad, the news is just sensationalizing it? But if governors are nearly being assassinated, isn't that quite bad, like the news would suggest, or no?

Right-wingers plotted to abduct those governors because they buy into the media sensationalism and they received the tacit support of Trump, who also buys into the conservative narrative and fans the flames of right-wing extremism. What with his talk of 'liberating' blue states and his 'Stand back, and stand by' line--though these plots against these governors were being planned before the latter.
Conservative media are painting these cities as warzones that need federal military intervention because it rates well with right-wingers (and because conservative outlets mostly believe their own lies). Unrest in urban areas is being blown out of proportion. Right-wing terrorists plotting to assassinate two governors is very hard to blow out of proportion.


_________________
Diagnoses: AS, Depression, General & Social Anxiety
I guess I just wasn't made for these times.
- Brian Wilson

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν
Those in positions of power do what their power permits, while the weak have no choice but to accept it.

- Thucydides


ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 36
Posts: 1,947
Location: canada

16 Oct 2020, 10:42 pm

Oh okay, but I find an inconsistency in all this. You say that the media is blowing crime out of proportion, but then mention this big abduction plot and say it cannot be blown out of proportion. Doesn't that prove the point that crime is bad, when it has gotten that far? Or has it only gone that far on some things, such as this abduction attempt, but not much else?



League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,325
Location: Pacific Northwest

17 Oct 2020, 12:26 am

No, Portland is not out of control. I live here. Everything still looks the same. Buildings are still standing, I don't see anything up in flames, I don't see any gangs here and there. It's just the small portion of the city where protesting takes place. I don't deny there has been some fires breaking out and buildings being shattered. Lot of places we see boarded up downtown are from businesses that closed due to the corona, not because looters or protesters busted the place. But the media will use these small incidents to make it look like this is all over our city and that ALL protesters are doing it.


People in the r/Portland sub have been enjoying their humor about our town because they keep making snark posts about our city like "oh no what happened to our city" only to show a normal photo of Portland and also "We will rebuild" only to show a building with some graffiti and someone posting a photo of two black kids saying they saw a gang and I have seen photoshop photos of flames in the background. It was literally on fire. It's all hilarious.

Just Trump making stuff up again and exaggerating the events to get his votes. :roll:


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 36
Posts: 1,947
Location: canada

17 Oct 2020, 1:21 am

Oh okay, I guess the news just blows it out of proportion then.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,323
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

17 Oct 2020, 2:21 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, I guess the news just blows it out of proportion then.



The media blows some crime out of proportion for sensationalism. That doesn't mean it does this with all crime however.

The people behind the kidnapping plot aren't the people who's crime is being blown out of proportion. They're certainly not the people Trump wishes to interfere with. He encourages them when he refers to their governors as dictators who the state needs liberated from.



The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,458
Location: Reading, England

17 Oct 2020, 6:54 am

Right. In 2001, crime in New York had been in a long term decline. That doesn’t mean that 9/11 was no big deal, but sending in the army was unlikely to reduce crime further.