Package Delivery Industry(Amazon, Fedex and so on)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

seaweasel
Toucan
Toucan

18 Oct 2020, 10:43 pm

anyone ever have success in the delivery industry? I started with Amazon a few months ago and it's now my full time job. I love it, there is no one to deal with, it's just me and the Promaster 2500 all day! There is some interaction with customers sometimes but it's just a greeting saying hi and thank you.

TurnpikeAl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Oct 2020, 9:35 am

Do you have to pass the DOT Physical in order to do Amazon delivery (or any similar delivery job)? I'm changing my anxiety meds, anyway, to ones that should be allowed, but I won't know for sure until I try again. The meds and my anxiety issues are the only things that worry me; I don't have any physical health problems, and I'm in pretty good shape.

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

seaweasel
Toucan
Toucan

21 Oct 2020, 12:53 pm

TurnpikeAl wrote:
Do you have to pass the DOT Physical in order to do Amazon delivery (or any similar delivery job)? I'm changing my anxiety meds, anyway, to ones that should be allowed, but I won't know for sure until I try again. The meds and my anxiety issues are the only things that worry me; I don't have any physical health problems, and I'm in pretty good shape.

nope! Just need a drivers license with a clean record, they do drug test though. You only need to do the Dot physical if you plan to drive those step vans

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2020, 1:13 pm

It depends where in the delivery industry - also referred to as Logistics.

I was a main IT admin for one of the largest delivery firms in the UK a while ago fixing all the dispatch servers for the unloading of the huge 18 wheeler trucks, everything that got scanned went through to a server which I maintained, it was proper s**t to be honest... It was like working in an office above a big shed, we even called the warehouses sheds. The workers were so unprofessional it was unreal, even the CEO/directors swore like a trooper.

I imagine if you're alone just driving about having a mooch on your own it's really fun but not working in the actual office areas of the big logistics firms, it's corporate hell and in an unprofessional way.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2020, 1:40 pm

I couldn't do this personally because of my bad back and knees and lack of upper body strength. I can't lift anything over 30 pounds, so any job that requires that is out for me. Thankfully, my current job does not.

Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard

TurnpikeAl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Oct 2020, 9:20 am

seaweasel wrote:
nope! Just need a drivers license with a clean record, they do drug test though. You only need to do the Dot physical if you plan to drive those step vans

Good to know! Thanks for the info!

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2020, 12:30 pm

A delivery job has always seemed like a nice job to me because of how therapeutic they are. I work in a workshop but if someone needs to be sent out in the van to deliver/collect something then it's always rush to grab the keys first. Driving just melts an entire work day away.