Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2020, 6:00 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
FeelLikeAnAlien wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Yes you will regret those actions.

I did something similar to the one who cheated on me, felt good at first but not so later on.

do you have an opinion on what is the best way forward

To “shut down“ everything from him; otherwise you would be sucked into a dark abyss of self loathing and rage.

Very good advice.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2020, 6:37 pm

FeelLikeAnAlien wrote:
I just ended the relationship and told him that I never want us to talk again (not sure if that's true, I just know that I feel uncomfortable every time we talk) He said he wont get over it and that he'll be sad because he formed a connection with me

I regret letting him into my life and I can't take anything I said to him back and I don't trust him with my information but it's too late because he already has it

I wanted things to work out between us which is why I agreed to be with him in the first place so I'm not sure if there's something I can do or say to turn things around and fix everything

I dont know what to do, should I go through with what I said

It's hard to be the one to walk away but you did well. You may have some points in the coming days, weeks, or months, where you second guess yourself but trust in your decision.

At that stage in the relationship there's nothing that can be done to mend things. This is particularly true when you have someone like this boy, who isn't invested in a healthy relationship. I know it's cheesey and sometimes hard to believe, but you will find someone new. :)

FeelLikeAnAlien
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Oct 2020, 3:38 am

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
FeelLikeAnAlien wrote:
I just ended the relationship and told him that I never want us to talk again (not sure if that's true, I just know that I feel uncomfortable every time we talk) He said he wont get over it and that he'll be sad because he formed a connection with me

I regret letting him into my life and I can't take anything I said to him back and I don't trust him with my information but it's too late because he already has it

I wanted things to work out between us which is why I agreed to be with him in the first place so I'm not sure if there's something I can do or say to turn things around and fix everything

It's hard to be the one to walk away but you did well. You may have some points in the coming days, weeks, or months, where you second guess yourself but trust in your decision.

At that stage in the relationship there's nothing that can be done to mend things. This is particularly true when you have someone like this boy, who isn't invested in a healthy relationship. I know it's cheesey and sometimes hard to believe, but you will find someone new. :)

Now that I've ended the relationship he seems interested in trying to talk about things and even sent me ANOTHER follow request (he keeps sending them and I keep rejecting) but I've just said ''Nothing matters anymore, and I'm done caring.''

I believe I'll find someone else xD

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 3:53 am

FeelLikeAnAlien wrote:

Plenty of fish in the sea :lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 4:32 am

FeelLikeAnAlien wrote:
AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
FeelLikeAnAlien wrote:

Now that I've ended the relationship he seems interested in trying to talk about things and even sent me ANOTHER follow request (he keeps sending them and I keep rejecting) but I've just said ''Nothing matters anymore, and I'm done caring.''

Sounds like he is gaslighting you.
Move on, young lady. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 4:33 am

cyberdad wrote:
FeelLikeAnAlien wrote:

Not when you are over 60. EEP! 8O

FeelLikeAnAlien

22 Oct 2020, 6:38 am

whats gaslighting

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2020, 3:59 am

FeelLikeAnAlien wrote:
whats gaslighting

Essentially, mindfracking a person.
Messing with them.

Quote:
manipulate (someone) by psychological means into doubting their own sanity.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2020, 5:50 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
FeelLikeAnAlien wrote:

Not when you are over 60. EEP! 8O

Methinks the skunk hasn't found his niche.
:cat: :albino: :batman: :lol: