Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Age: 33
Posts: 1,491
Location: England

22 Oct 2020, 1:11 pm

Hahahaha. I've gotten so many sour looks over the years from Catholic friends and acquaintances when I say their church is just as corrupted and fallen as the more barmy Protestant off-shoots, especially from the late-life Catholic converts seeking spiritual sanctuary from those Rocky Horror churches. Think I've finally won that argument.


_________________
Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don’t know because we don’t want to know. It is our will that decides how and upon what subjects we shall use our intelligence. Those who detect no meaning in the world generally do so because, for one reason or another, it suits their books that the world should be meaningless.


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,132

22 Oct 2020, 1:42 pm

Mikah wrote:
Hahahaha. I've gotten so many sour looks over the years from Catholic friends and acquaintances when I say their church is just as corrupted and fallen as the more barmy Protestant off-shoots, especially from the late-life Catholic converts seeking spiritual sanctuary from those Rocky Horror churches. Think I've finally won that argument.



"church is just as corrupted and fallen as

the more barmy Protestant off-shoots"



Sounds like a 'Pretty'

Homophobic

Statement to me.

Grow a Pair...

Or at least

one Soul... of Love...

James Bond Now or

Whatever Your Tough Name is...

You Don't Get to Say Stuff about

my Relatives like this even indirectly

And Expect silence from me... NOPE


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Age: 33
Posts: 1,491
Location: England

22 Oct 2020, 2:50 pm

aghogday wrote:
You Don't Get to Say Stuff about

my Relatives like this even indirectly

And Expect silence from me... NOPE


I doubt any force, earthly or divine, could convince you to remain silent, aghogday.


_________________
Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don’t know because we don’t want to know. It is our will that decides how and upon what subjects we shall use our intelligence. Those who detect no meaning in the world generally do so because, for one reason or another, it suits their books that the world should be meaningless.


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,132

22 Oct 2020, 3:12 pm

Mikah wrote:
aghogday wrote:
You Don't Get to Say Stuff about

my Relatives like this even indirectly

And Expect silence from me... NOPE


I doubt any force, earthly or divine, could convince you to remain silent, aghogday.


Great Then, We Will 'Civilly' Disagree..:)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Age: 33
Posts: 1,491
Location: England

22 Oct 2020, 4:58 pm

aghogday wrote:
Great Then, We Will 'Civilly' Disagree..:)


And here I am ... not even sure what we are disagreeing about :-?


_________________
Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don’t know because we don’t want to know. It is our will that decides how and upon what subjects we shall use our intelligence. Those who detect no meaning in the world generally do so because, for one reason or another, it suits their books that the world should be meaningless.


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,132

22 Oct 2020, 5:53 pm

Mikah wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Great Then, We Will 'Civilly' Disagree..:)


And here I am ... not even sure what we are disagreeing about :-?


Smiles, More Specifically, 'Were'; That Was 'A Just in Case', in
Reference to Our Last Conversation, on November 18th, 2018.

i happen to have close to a Photographic Memory for Text;

So, i might be off a day or two on that Date.

And no, 'i'm not a fraud',

Per the Last Conversation We 'Enjoyed'.

That wasn't a Civil Conversation on Your Part,
So this is just A 'Thank You', in advance, Per Civility on Your Part now.

You Do not Deny Your Point of View here as i Interpreted it; so it stands, as is.

And i had my Say; And That's enough for me, for now. Have A Nice Night; haha, but i'm not telling you what to do..;)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Age: 33
Posts: 1,491
Location: England

22 Oct 2020, 7:14 pm

I recall it too. I'm happy to apologise for being uncivil if you will apologise for not arguing properly (surely a worse crime).

aghogday wrote:
And no, 'i'm not a fraud',


Perhaps I did go too far. But you were not arguing in good faith on that day.

Edit:
aghogday wrote:
You Do not Deny Your Point of View here as i Interpreted it; so it stands, as is.


I should probably elaborate, in case the ban-happy mods decide I have joined forces with the WBC and Islam. I'm not particularly agitated about homosexual behaviour. It's a sin, but one on par with watching pornography, masturbation, premarital sex, promiscuity, adultery* or any number of sexual misdemeanors. Not worth kicking someone out of church for, but certainly not something that should be encouraged for many reasons. Unless the Pope is envisioning some kind of chaste civil union (which would likely make everyone cheering it suddenly change course rather quickly), this is definitely not in line with Christian sexual morality. If the Pope said tomorrow that polygamous marriages and premarital sex are "A-OK", everyone else would be laughing at this idiot Pope with me and wondering if he'd gotten his medications mixed up. Alas, he probably hasn't and has caved in to fashionable opinion, which will hurt the Church's numbers, if that was his thinking, per Fnord.

*on second thoughts, scratch that one, it's rather more serious than homosexual acts and the other examples.


_________________
Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don’t know because we don’t want to know. It is our will that decides how and upon what subjects we shall use our intelligence. Those who detect no meaning in the world generally do so because, for one reason or another, it suits their books that the world should be meaningless.


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,132

22 Oct 2020, 8:07 pm

Mikah wrote:
I recall it too. I'm happy to apologise for being uncivil if you will apologise for not arguing properly (surely a worse crime).

aghogday wrote:
And no, 'i'm not a fraud',


Perhaps I did go too far. But you were not arguing in good faith on that day.


Smiles, my FRiEnD, i wasn't
Arguing at all, i was speaking
Through Holy Creative Spirit
In Flow as i am now Out of Time,
Reason, Distance, Space and Matter;

i surely don't apologize for Holy Creative Spirit in Flow;
And i surely understand Why You Might not Understand where
i am coming from then; It's Neither There or Here, Whether You
Apologize or Not as THere is nothing to be Sorry for; as i understood
why You Could not understand
where i was coming
from then;

It's nice to
discuss things
Civilly; And it is
Very Difficult for
Some Folks to Understand
Words coming from Holy Creative Spirit;

i wasn't sure what you Meant by Fraud
other than i was
Not coming From
Somewhere Sincere...

Deceit is not my Game
i am A Seeker And A Finder
As i Dance And Sing From Within

i always Learn
Something
New as
Truly
None
of these
Words i own
Alone with any
Pre-planning now
they come as signed and delivered as is...

i'm really not here to argue at all; i am here to Bring Forth What Breathes within

And Then Read Where i come From Again to See; A lot of Deep metaphors here
my FRiEnD; i surely have no real idea where i am coming from until i arrive now And See Where i have been..:)

After Reading this it makes Perfect Sense to me; for many people it does not; i understand that but

in fact
other
People
in Other
Countries
understand
Every Word i say
Deeply as they are
Just More in Use and
Tune with another Part
of their Mind in Potential Human Intelligence;
by Metaphor What Breathes Life into Words;
But again only For those Who have Eyes and
Ears to see Far beyond Literal my Friend; Yes
This is Universal Cross-Cultural Experience;
THere are just different Shells for the Living
Within Breath of Spirit Seeing; Smiles Beyond 'Flesh alone'...

i find it fascinating; Before 2013, i only had Glimpses of this
Holy Creative Spirit in Flow; Once Winning a Contest among
80 Students for A Christmas Story in 8th Grade, having no
idea where the Words Flowed from within; keeping in mind
in my Version of Autism, i did not Speak Until Four and
Was Ridiculed For my Abilities in Social Communication
through my 40's; A Technical List maker literally easy for
me; But Any Kind of Creativity beyond Firstly, Secondly,
And Thirdly out of Seek and Find for me; Yes, a Glimpse
of this Deeper Part of me Beyond Neo-Cortex Opening
Up More of my Holistic Creative Mind in a Philosophy
Class Briefly at Age 18 and that was it; scoring a 45
on the AQ Scan For Autism, and 195 on the RDOS
Aspie Quiz Here on the Wrong Planet Website until
the Summer of 2013; with an INTJ Personality too;

When i Broke through in what i can only Describe As Epigenetic
Potential to more of my Human Potential this way; That AQ Scan
Went down to 11; RDOS Quiz to 92, and the Emotional Intelligence Test
to the Mid-90's From the Mid-50's of Before; and Yes A change over to ENFP
Personality too; 19 Medical Disorders of Extreme Life Threatening Synergy Melted
Away; indeed, The Professionals taking Care of me noted it as a Miracle for Real.

No Prognosis
for Recovery for
Before experiencing
Type-Two Trigeminal
Neuralgia, the Literal
Worst Assessed Pain
Known to Humankind from
Wake to Sleep for 66 Months;
My Mother Suggested Jesus had
it worse than me with Crucifixion for
A Few Days, Until She Opened up the Book
She Bought to Prove me wrong and on that
Very Page read the Paragraph that indeed the
Suicide Disease informally Named i had was yes,

Worse than
The Real
Torture of
Crucifixion;
but in my Case
for 66 Months
From Wake to Sleep...

It's Safe to Say i have 100 Percent
Unfailing Faith this Flame of God Lives
within me; And it is also True Miracles Are
As Real as God
now too..

at least
God
Breathing
in me now
this way for 87 Months...

Seems that would be
Good news for a Christian
to Hear; as there is John 14:12
For Heaven And the not so Good News

That there
is 'John 14:12'
For Hell Within too...

But That too is nothing
New for the Human Experience...

It is what is;
Thorns
And
Flowers
Make Roses
The Colors they are now...


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,590
Location: temperate zone

22 Oct 2020, 8:28 pm

Comparing the corruption of various sects is not even the subject. Mikah must have hallucinated text that wasnt there.

But if you wanna drag that topic into the thread then I am puzzled.

Protestant televangelists are notoriously corrupt. Mainline Protestant churches are not so much.

Protestant televangelists are all homophobic (even those like Rev. Falwell Jr. and Jim Bakker, who turn out to be gay themselves). Mainline Protestant churches tend to be accepting of the LBGT community. Ergo homophobia correlates with corruption. The opposite does not.

The Pope just came out with out a relatively anti homophobic pronouncement. So logically that would imply that the Catholic Church is relatively uncorrupt.

So evidence against corruption is...evidence FOR corruption? Explain.



Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Age: 33
Posts: 1,491
Location: England

22 Oct 2020, 8:51 pm

@aghogday Yes I am beginning to understand. I won't hold you to the normal rules of debate.

aghogday wrote:
i wasn't sure what you Meant by Fraud


There's an annoying habit that some people employ in debate, especially on the internet. A good (sometimes devastating) point is made against their position and instead of acknowledging it or rebutting it, they pretend it was never even said and divert the conversation elsewhere. This can provoke uncivil behaviour in me. Alas, the Holy Creative Spirit had nothing to say on the matter that day, hence the confusion.

naturalplastic wrote:
Comparing the corruption of various sects is not even the subject. Mikah must have hallucinated text that wasnt there.

But if you wanna drag that topic into the thread then I am puzzled.

Protestant televangelists are notoriously corrupt. Mainline Protestant churches are not so much.

Protestant televangelists are all homophobic (even those like Rev. Falwell Jr. and Jim Bakker, who turn out to be gay themselves). Mainline Protestant churches tend to be accepting of the LBGT community. Ergo homophobia correlates with corruption. The opposite does not.

The Pope just came out with out a relatively anti homophobic pronouncement. So logically that would imply that the Catholic Church is relatively uncorrupt.

So evidence against corruption is...evidence FOR corruption? Explain.


You're using a very narrow definition of corruption. I am not using it in that sense.


_________________
Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don’t know because we don’t want to know. It is our will that decides how and upon what subjects we shall use our intelligence. Those who detect no meaning in the world generally do so because, for one reason or another, it suits their books that the world should be meaningless.


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,132

22 Oct 2020, 11:50 pm

Mikah wrote:
@aghogday Yes I am beginning to understand. I won't hold you to the normal rules of debate.

aghogday wrote:
i wasn't sure what you Meant by Fraud


There's an annoying habit that some people employ in debate, especially on the internet. A good (sometimes devastating) point is made against their position and instead of acknowledging it or rebutting it, they pretend it was never even said and divert the conversation elsewhere. This can provoke uncivil behaviour in me. Alas, the Holy Creative Spirit had nothing to say on the matter that day, hence the confusion.

naturalplastic wrote:
Comparing the corruption of various sects is not even the subject. Mikah must have hallucinated text that wasnt there.

But if you wanna drag that topic into the thread then I am puzzled.

Protestant televangelists are notoriously corrupt. Mainline Protestant churches are not so much.

Protestant televangelists are all homophobic (even those like Rev. Falwell Jr. and Jim Bakker, who turn out to be gay themselves). Mainline Protestant churches tend to be accepting of the LBGT community. Ergo homophobia correlates with corruption. The opposite does not.

The Pope just came out with out a relatively anti homophobic pronouncement. So logically that would imply that the Catholic Church is relatively uncorrupt.

So evidence against corruption is...evidence FOR corruption? Explain.


You're using a very narrow definition of corruption. I am not using it in that sense.


Thank You..:)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,132

24 Oct 2020, 7:24 pm

i visited The Catholic Church This Saturday
Afternoon, Interested, in How the Priest Would
React to the Pope's Acceptance of Civil Unions
Among Gay Folks; And He Used the Law of Loving
Neighbor and God Alike With Least Harm in Defending
What the Pope's Position is; pleasantly, Surprised too;
to actually See the One Mass that has a Mandate
for Masks, Actually Working Flawlessly
100 Percent; With Highest Rates
of Covid-19 At the High School
In This Area; And Colder Weather
Coming, i feel that eventually Common
Sense Will Beat Ignorance And Masks Will
Be Mandated at all Masses, Probably By Direction
of the Bishop; My God if Not the Pope; as it is Just Plain
Reckless Negligence not to Do What is So Easy to Save at least one
Potential Life; such a small Cross; A Mask to Save A Life; They Played
the Song, 'They Will Know We Are Christians By Our Love'; Obviously,
if one is too weak to Lift a Mask, to Save a Neighbor And Or Even A Close
Loved one's Life; there really is no reason to Believe they are A Christian By Measure
of the
Golden
Rule
Now of
Love With
Least Harm;
Should have been
A No-Brainer from the
Start; But So Many 'Trump
Voter' Feathers to Ruffle
And Potentially Escape
The Collection Basket;
As At Least from the Reactions
Online; and considering that YouTube
Bishop Channels and the Such as that
Erase any dissenting Comments; Every
Single Comment i Perused was about
Praying for the Pope's Soul For the Sin
of Supporting Love for All; True, Among
Some That Law of the Story of Jesus Rules;
Among Other Folks, Nope, not so much at all;
The Priest Did say Love is Not a Feeling or An Emotion;
Just the 'Right' Thing to do; That is surely Problematic
As Humans Born Without the Ability To Feel Love Are Surely
not motivated as Much to Carry though; And On Top of that
The Scripture he Related Says Love With All Your Mind, Heart,
And Soul; So, perhaps He Doesn't Understand What the Metaphor
Heart means in terms of Feelings and Emotions That Are A Glue of
Motivation
For All
Acts
of
Altruistic Love
As Science shows
Emotions Drive Us to
Do Most Reasons We 'Think' Why
We Do Things Next; Without Emotions,
one cannot even Decide What Color Socks
to Wear to Church; And True that's Okay too
When Going to Church Becomes a Potential
Risk of Pandemic Coming Death; Safe Now at
Least for That on Saturday Afternoon Special Masked Mass;
Anyway, this is fascinating to me as Special Interests Trend That way..;)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


HacKING
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 16 Nov 2019
Age: 1
Gender: Male
Posts: 133
Location: port 3128

25 Oct 2020, 3:11 pm

I'm a Trump supporter but I'm not catholic and I'm generally supportive of gay people. So I don't really care about this.