Anyone waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 release?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

P_James_Moriarty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2020, 1:25 pm

I’ve been waiting for this one since I saw the first trailer in 2013 and pre-ordered my copy the first day it became available. Built a desktop system specifically for this game to play at full-on settings in 4K. Cant wait to see if it holds up in practice.

I already have more than 1400 hours into Witcher 3 and have been impressed with CD Projekt Red as a developer oriented more to the player than most any other I’ve dealt with over the years.

Interesting world to explore, where obsession for style and function has brought about the issues of trans-humanism. That is to say how many cyber enhancements can you have before you run into the issues of Cyber-psychosis and go mad.

malavois
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Oct 2020, 1:29 pm

You mean the game that has taken all of Keanu’s best and most iconic characters and made them into an uber-Keanu pastiche, plus some added flair from other action/sci-fi/fantasy classics? YES INDEEDY

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Oct 2020, 1:34 pm

I loved The Witcher 1 and 3, 2 was less my taste.
Yes, I'm waiting for Cyberpunk, too. My husband maintains a gaming PC at home so I have access to a good machine to play it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

P_James_Moriarty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2020, 1:35 pm

malavois wrote:
You mean the game that has taken all of Keanu’s best and most iconic characters and made them into an uber-Keanu pastiche, plus some added flair from other action/sci-fi/fantasy classics? YES INDEEDY

I didn't know until I watched Night City Wire 4 that Keanu has his own motorcycle company and his bikes are included in the vehicles in-game. Only about 4 weeks to go now and on pins and needles waiting after all this time.

malavois
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Oct 2020, 1:48 pm

P_James_Moriarty wrote:
malavois wrote:

I didn't know until I watched Night City Wire 4 that Keanu has his own motorcycle company and his bikes are included in the vehicles in-game. Only about 4 weeks to go now and on pins and needles waiting after all this time.

Whaaaaat I didn’t know that!! Ugh as if I could look any more forward to it!

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 5:16 pm

I certainly am looking forward to it, looks like it will be a fun RPG.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 11:14 pm

Yep can't wait to play it! Looking forward to Watchdogs 3 too which is cyberpunkish coming next week. 2020 has been a great year for video game releases and total s**t for everything else.

malavois
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2020, 1:36 am

Noca wrote:
Yep can't wait to play it! Looking forward to Watchdogs 3 too which is cyberpunkish coming next week. 2020 has been a great year for video game releases and total s**t for everything else.

WATCHDOGS 3 IS COMING OUT TOO?????

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2020, 5:51 am

I like cyberpunk, and science fiction in general. I like RPGs, too. I didn't like the Witcher games, though. So while I think the game looks neat, I'm not sure if it's something I'd like.

P_James_Moriarty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2020, 12:02 am

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I like cyberpunk, and science fiction in general. I like RPGs, too. I didn't like the Witcher games, though. So while I think the game looks neat, I'm not sure if it's something I'd like.

If you're interested enough to watch some videos YouTube has a Cyberpunk 2077 site that has a bunch of trailers. But they also have been running a series they're calling "Night City Wire: Episodes 1-4" that run through some of the game play, features, and lore of the game. While W3 was set in a swords and sorcery setting, CP2077 is set in a dystopian future with guns, vehicles, and a techno setting. Oh ya, it's also, well, rather adult. For instance in the character creation you can (I hear) even chose the color of your pubic hair, the size of genitalia, gender including mixed genders (male below the waist, female above, etc.) Romance options are not limited to male on female, etc. Trans-sexualism is not only common, but rather background. What is the interesting thing to me is the trans-humanism, how much cyberware can a human take on before they start to think of themselves as a machine rather than human and go insane in the process and just start wiping out the lowly humans in a psychotic rage. Not to mention that the graphics and attention to detail in the environment looks awesome if you have the system for it.

If it's not for you, different strokes. Me? I've been wanting this kind of deep video game since the cyberpunk 2020 board game way back when. Either way, hope you have fun whatever you decide to do!! :D

P_James_Moriarty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2020, 5:07 pm

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed again, this time until Dec 10. I hope they mean this year.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2020, 12:49 pm

malavois wrote:
Noca wrote:

WATCHDOGS 3 IS COMING OUT TOO?????

It's called Watchdogs Legion