Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 6:07 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Ettina wrote:
Your country has been digging mass graves! Over 40,000 have died in New York city alone, and the daily death toll is half as much as 9/11! And you're recommending someone go and recklessly put their child at risk? WTF is wrong with you? Freedom means nothing if you're dead.
"Give me liberty or give me death!", said Patrick Henry in 1775. If you're from the UK, we got away from you for a good reason. That old King George III got too overbearing, so we turned to George Washington instead. We even wasted good tea in Boston to show our love of freedom.

These "40,000" numbers are inflated. And those refrigerator trucks parked outside of hospitals? Staged by CNN, the most leftist news channel ever! In the US, if someone with Covid dies of anything at all, like E. Coli poisoning, guess what? They're classified as having died FROM Covid! Presumably, it's meant to protect morgue workers handling the remains, but it inflates the numbers like hot air balloons.

Denianator should definitely take a road trip as a family to a fully open state. It's as good for a teaching opportunity about what it means to be a free American, as it is for rest and relaxation. If it doesn't fully stop teenage apathy (a difficult task even for NT parents with NT kids), it'll at least reduce it by giving the son something inspiring to see.

No, I'm not from the UK. I'm just from an actually civilized country.

You are so disconnected from reality. You're the one who should get out of your bubble - stop reading the conspiracy theories and start looking at the actual facts.

And there's absolutely nothing inspiring about wilful ignorance at the cost of thousands of lives.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 6:27 pm

Ettina wrote:

You are so disconnected from reality. You're the one who should get out of your bubble - stop reading the conspiracy theories and start looking at the actual facts.

And there's absolutely nothing inspiring about wilful ignorance at the cost of thousands of lives.
"Facts"? You mean the kind leftist media puts out? Screw that! We told the stupid King George III to kiss our sweaty, hairy butts for a good reason.

I love America for the freedoms it gives me. I'd even join the US Air Force if I weren't physically weak, although I like airplanes; I even flew a small plane before. I'm glad I have the freedom to tell the government to butt out of my life. It needs to stick to doing what a government should do: secure national borders and enforce civil order, not ruin people's lives over a cold virus. Sadly, Biden will fail at the former, and succeed at the latter. God help us all!

Debianator, it's been months since your first post. I hope you picked the course of action that made you and your family happy, be it staying home or traveling to a free state. You have your lives to maintain and your son to protect, not a government to appease. Whatever you did on your own accord, it's what America's founders would have wanted.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 6:39 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
debianator wrote:
Hello World,
I am drowning in self pity because my teenage boy is apathetic and lazy and I let him get away with it and become passive aggressive in return.
Someone shake me :evil:
MattHughe wrote:
I know that now my advice is pointless, but after pandemic will be over, try to take a trip together. It helped me to recover when I didn't want to do anything

Who says you (denianator) have to wait until the plandemic is over? Why not take a trip together now, weather permitting? You're from Virginia, which has strict Covid lockdowns. Go to a more open, free state, why don't you! A state with a pro-freedom governor who respects the Constitution, like Florida, Georgia, or South Dakota. Or for something closer, Tennessee works well enough, although it's not as free as those states. Show your son how pleasant it is to dine inside a restaurant, exchange a hearty handshake with a friendly person he met, and watch a movie in a theater with many other fellow enthusiasts.

It could be a wonderful teaching moment. You can use this trip to teach your son about what it means to be a free, independent, proud American. Him being a teenager, it means he'll go to college soon. Learning about what it's like to live as a free man could proverbially vaccinate him (pun intended) against the leftist, Marxist indoctrination his college will inevitably force on him. The kind that'll tell him he's a bad person for being a straight male. And as an aspie, he's far more likely to buy into it (as yours truly once did) than an NT young person might.

There is a pandemic, probably not the best time to be traveling to other states and shaking hands with restaurant patrons. And well :roll: at that last part.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 6:40 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Ettina wrote:

"Facts"? You mean the kind liberal media puts out? Screw that!

Yes, facts. Clearly, you'd rather live in fantasy land. Which is why your country has lost 40,000 people to COVID.

Are you a flat-earther, too?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 6:55 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
There is a pandemic, probably not the best time to be traveling to other states and shaking hands with restaurant patrons. And well :roll: at that last part.
It's spelled "plandemic". ;)

Ettina wrote:
Yes, facts. Clearly, you'd rather live in fantasy land. Which is why your country has lost 40,000 people to COVID.
As much as I'd like to tell you what I think of your opinions, the cancel culture is keeping me from doing so. I know the WP mods will be on your side, because their politics match yours. So I'm stepping off instead.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 8:05 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
It's spelled "plandemic". ;)

Nah pretty sure pandemic is the correct spelling.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 8:18 pm

Anyways sorry to contribute to any potential derailing, but the pandemic is real and it's best not to ignore that. But as for the thread topic sometimes teen apathy can be a sign they are having a hard time dealing with what all is going on in their life. I think sometimes it is a defense mechanism for getting overwhelmed with things.

Or as another poster suggested if he is on a lot of meds those could be contributing as well. It is probably best to try and have open communication with him. See if you can talk to him about what is going on, maybe delve a little deeper than the apathetic front he is putting on. Ask him if the meds seem to be helping or are causing any problems...that may even get him a bit more interested in his treatment if you make a point to get his input about it.

Of course I am no expert or anything, I just know I certainly got rather apathetic a few times as a teen and for me it was certainly kind of a defense mechanism thing to deal with stress I didn't know how to handle.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 4:49 pm

It is always so funny for me when Americans talk about the democrats, CNN etc as far left.
Here (Sweden) they are considered right-wing, sometimes far right.
But no matter, ignoring the pandemic is a bad idea regardless of your political views.
A trip is not a bad idea, but go campng, don't interact with other people.

/Mats

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 6:00 pm

The US has had 28 million infections with COVID, and almost 500,000 deaths from it.

It’s Effin real.....no BS!

NYC has had close to 30,000 deaths....the vast majority in March/April.

Three states have had 40,000 deaths or more: California, New York, and Texas.

California, Texas, Florida, New York, and Illinois have had over a million cases. Georgia is not far below a million.

Over 200 people a day, on average, have died from COVID for more than a month in LA County.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 6:34 pm

Yes it's real.
Some deathts may be misdiagnosed as beeing from covid, and some may be misdiagnosed as not being from covid.
That makes no difference!
Close to 500 000 deaths is a big deal.
Now, my country has done a lousy job in this mess, we have about the same amount of deaths and hospitalised per capita as the US and UK.
We all could have done better.

So, yeah, go camping, hiking, something like that, but don't hang out in restaurants and such.

/Mats

timf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2021, 9:32 am

The diagnosis process has been altered as medical institutions receive more money for treating Covid. As a result the normal 100,000 seasonal deaths we would have from flu are now classified as Covid. We do not have a problem with misdiagnosis as we have with altered diagnosis.

We have three groups of people vulnerable to this new flu strain.

1. A large number of elderly who have received vaccines against other flu strains in the past and represent a population bulge with an intrinsic vulnerability to a new strain of flu.

2. Minority population groups who are nutritionally deficient by choice as things like vegetables are not as preferred as a food source as more processed foods.

3. A vulnerability due to preexisting health conditions.

When the dust settles, it may prove to be that this flu strain, while perhaps more deadly than some of the others, will come to be seen as just part of the routine effect the various flu strains have produced over the centuries.

It is sad that throughout this experience the loudest voices are the ones carrying the greatest influence. Panic and irrationality as well as demagoguery and political opportunism seem to rule the day.

Our total numbers may also include the preventable deaths that arose from the governor of New York placing Covid patients in nursing homes. At the time it probably seemed like a good way to utilize resources.