Page 8 of 16 [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 4:52 am

he knows more chords than i do! :oops:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 5:01 am

And Tony have a beautifull :heart: voice aswell, actualy i dont have a voice at all compared to him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 5:19 am

i have an announcer's basso voice which sounds plummy in conversation but not so suitable for singing the vast majority of pops.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 12:55 pm

How do guys feel about guitars with only a single pickup?

If I upgrade my RG7321 I'd probably only want to pay for a bridge pickup because that's basically all I ever really use. If I go that route I'd probably rewire it to have a volume and a tone pot and replace the p/up selector with a killswitch.

Only issue is that I don't really like playing the RG very much because of how wide the neck is. I don't mind the 6 string RGs but the 7 string is definitely wider than I'd prefer. In fact I'm pretty tempted to sell the 7 and get a baritone with more like a 27" scale.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 12:20 am

funeralxempire wrote:
How do guys feel about guitars with only a single pickup?

I've heard people say that it sounds better, because you have less magnetic pull on the strings, but I can't imagine it really makes that much of a difference.

I'm sure it makes sense, though, if you only ever play with the bridge humbucker. I usually play my single coil Strat, though...I love that mid/bridge "quack", or I'll go with the neck pickup for jazzier mellow tones.

I wouldn't mind turning my PJ bass back into a P bass, though. I rarely ever used the jazz pickup on that thing, and I've love some pickups that are a little more vintage style, but I think the body itself should probably be replaced.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 3:25 am

Although to me nationalities are not real identities, (nationalities are nurture). Yet a rendition of a national anthem, a national anthem from a piece of earth, what neurotypicals usually call the Netherlands. By the way, i gave the first verse of that national anthem my own twist, a Charles Darwin and an autistic twist.
And a small piece of the traditional 'old long sign' and a southern africa musical instrument to round it off. Tomorrow is according to some King's Day on the piece of earth what is called the Netherlands. The Wilhelmus sounds from every nook and cranny on this day.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 5:43 am

i am discovering that there are some real differences between a guitar type nominally termed a "parlor model" guitar, and one that is typed a "ukuitar." they both have identical 6 string E to E pitch but one sounds more like a guitar timbre-wise, and one sounds more like a huskier baritone uke.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 3:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i am discovering that there are some real differences between a guitar type nominally termed a "parlor model" guitar, and one that is typed a "ukuitar." they both have identical 6 string E to E pitch but one sounds more like a guitar timbre-wise, and one sounds more like a huskier baritone uke.

I find it interesting that though a baritone uke is tuned to the same notes as the top 4 strings of a guitar, both the scale length and the timbre are very different. So I couldn't have got the same effect just by removing the A and bass E strings from a guitar....

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 4:18 pm

Has anyone here ever tried to record multitracked guitars? My playing is pretty sloppy but I'm starting to be able to play tight enough to do it. I definitely need to keep practising it though.

https://vocaroo.com/1ckFlFwe6mjs

That's two guitar tracks panned hard left and hard right.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 8:25 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I find it interesting that though a baritone uke is tuned to the same notes as the top 4 strings of a guitar, both the scale length and the timbre are very different. So I couldn't have got the same effect just by removing the A and bass E strings from a guitar....

on a ukuitar such as the cordoba mini II guitar, it comes pretty close.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 11:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I think all nylon strings have a uke sound to them. I've got some on my flamenco, and I was just thinking this morning that I'm WAY past due for a new set.

funeralxempire wrote:
Has anyone here ever tried to record multitracked guitars? My playing is pretty sloppy but I'm starting to be able to play tight enough to do it.

If I'm feeling lazy (and I usually am), I'll track two acoustic guitars L/R (maybe 75%) and put the bass and lead guitar dead center (if there's only one). I keep the two acoustic tracks a bit loose on purpose, to add some character and some stereo separation.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 12:11 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I think all nylon strings have a uke sound to them. I've got some on my flamenco, and I was just thinking this morning that I'm WAY past due for a new set.

i should have been more specific, a japanese model classical parlour model one of my kinfolk has, versus my cordoba ukuitar. the japanese guitar uses top 3 nylon just like any classical model, still the sound difference persists between the two otherwise similar guitars. the japanese model definitely is heavier and bulkier, my ukuitar might as well be made out of balsa wood.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2021, 8:23 pm

I was finally able to get a sound I liked out of my Idiotbox DeathMaster. If you like Celtic Frost, this might be the right distortion pedal for you.

Quote:
The Death Master is my attempt to capture the iconic guitar sound from Celtic Frost's classic album "To Mega Therion"

And it delivers on that promise.

https://www.idiotboxeffects.com/product/death-master

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 9:50 am

This is like the poor man's version of a rack setup.

My lunchbox full of death metal. :mrgreen:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 7:37 pm

https://vocaroo.com/1n5lzUJggR9T

So, that's how my current setup sounds.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 1:26 am

I love the pure sound of a classical guitar.
There are a lot of snails and turtles in my head, with my slow head i cant play fast.
Evolution have also bring me ears, and with my ears i can listen to the high-speed sound from Paco de Lucia.