Page 6 of 16 [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 4:00 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Recently bought myself an Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50's in gold. I just want to hold it and stroke it all night it's so lovely :lol:

that sounds like it cost a fortune :o

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 6:47 am

auntblabby wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Recently bought myself an Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50's in gold. I just want to hold it and stroke it all night it's so lovely :lol:

£550

Only gold in colour, not material!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 6:54 am

Biscuitman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

£550

wow, a kilobuck here, pretty good chunk o'change. hope you get several times that worth of musical pleasure.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 9:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

£550

wow, a kilobuck here, pretty good chunk o'change. hope you get several times that worth of musical pleasure.

That's actually a very good price for a Les Paul here. The exchange rate is a bit misleading- prices in Britain are stupidly high for pretty much everything. I picked up a chromatic harmonica for 35 euros in France- the exact same model costs £70 here which, considering that a euro is less than a pound, is shocking.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 1:55 pm

does the final price have cumulative taxes [such as VAT or others] baked into it?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 10:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
anybody here have a "hero" of the guitar? for me it was chet atkins tied with ry cooder, both had in common a mastery of the technical aspects of guitar design and tweaking of same.

Yannick Lorrain, Will Killingsworth, Scott Hull, Kurt Ballou.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 1:47 am

But...can any of you play the guitar while riding a bicycle at the same time? :D

The reason I thought to ask is because there was a Wrongplanet member whose WP name was "the bicycling guitarist". Havent seen him on the site in a long time. But at least once he did post a video of the reason he has that nickname. It showed him riding a bicycle while playing a guitar.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 10:24 am

auntblabby wrote:
does the final price have cumulative taxes [such as VAT or others] baked into it?

Aye. Hence why Brits get so confused by the price tags in America!

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 2:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Yep. Tax and delivery cost included. Our prices always include VAT.

I double checked it was £529

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 2:42 pm

I think I've got both guitar tones I'm going to use for recording figured out. They're both based on mixing a tighter sounding amp with a thicker sounding amp.

On the one side I've got a clone of a Valvestate 8100 preamp and a clone of an SLO-100 preamp.
On the other side I've got either my Crate or my clone of an Ampeg VH preamp and an Idiotbox DeathMaster pedal that sounds like Celtic Frost-in-a-box.

I just need to finalize my setup for bass. 8)

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 3:39 am

Yesterday i build 2 air-guitars.
Please take one.
:wink:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 11:02 am

I play error guitar because everything is all wrong. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 12:16 pm

Latest Guitar Purchase ... Vintage Cherry Sunburst Alden Resonator

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 2:27 pm

I play a 3-string cigar box guitar my dad made for me. It's hard to play for lots of reasons but I find it more fun to play than my normal six string.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:45 am

Juliette wrote:

you're really talented to be able to play that. :dj:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 1:31 am

Let's see, I have...
* A Frankenstrat with a beautiful Stratocaster II Made in Korea maple neck, Fender 57/62 pickups and custom wiring (can switch between parallel and series), vintage tremolo/bridge.
* A Squier Strat Deluxe in Daphne blue with Blacktop HH faceplate installed (the coil-split options are pretty cool). It was supposed to replace the other guitar, but then I got that MiK neck...
* My first electric bass was a cheap Precision knockoff, but I added a Jazz pickup, a balance knob, p/s switch for the p pickups, high-mass bridge, another nice MiK maple neck, and a rushed paint job. The pickups are from a Steinberger, I really want to replace them some day. I currently have tapewound strings on it, and I don't care for them very much. I play too hard, and they just make a plastic "clack clack" sound against my frets.
* Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '70s, absolutely beautiful bass (and heavy!). I think all I did was swap out the cap for something more vintage, and put black knobs on it. Roundwound strings, currently.
* An old Flamenco guitar that I found at Goodwill for $5 =D I haven't put a lot of practice into learning to play it properly, so I usually just use a pick, or fingerpick it.
* A 70s Yamaha 12-string acoustic that I need to fix, the belly bulges a bit.
* A little old Harmony steel string acoustic that needs some serious neck repair, if I can. I used to get beautiful tones out of that thing.

Um...I've got a couple practice amps (both Crate), and an old Kalamazoo amp from Goodwill that needs tubes. I've got a 70s Kustom bass amp and an Ampeg cab for it...that thing is HUGE and heavy, and I hate bringing it to gigs. But it sounds so good.
Guitar amp is Fender Ultimate Chorus. I love it. I need to get a pedal for it.
I've got a cheap tremolo pedal and a Digitech RP-1 pedal board, but I mostly just use them live sometimes.

I'd love to get a Gibson SG, but I think I may have missed the boat, as they've only been going up in price over the past few years. Do I need another guitar??

Juliette wrote:

Lovely.