Page 6 of 17 [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 4:00 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Recently bought myself an Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50's in gold. I just want to hold it and stroke it all night it's so lovely :lol:

that sounds like it cost a fortune :o

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 6:47 am

auntblabby wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Recently bought myself an Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50's in gold. I just want to hold it and stroke it all night it's so lovely :lol:

£550

Only gold in colour, not material!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 6:54 am

Biscuitman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

£550

wow, a kilobuck here, pretty good chunk o'change. hope you get several times that worth of musical pleasure.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 9:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

£550

wow, a kilobuck here, pretty good chunk o'change. hope you get several times that worth of musical pleasure.

That's actually a very good price for a Les Paul here. The exchange rate is a bit misleading- prices in Britain are stupidly high for pretty much everything. I picked up a chromatic harmonica for 35 euros in France- the exact same model costs £70 here which, considering that a euro is less than a pound, is shocking.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 1:55 pm

does the final price have cumulative taxes [such as VAT or others] baked into it?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 10:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
anybody here have a "hero" of the guitar? for me it was chet atkins tied with ry cooder, both had in common a mastery of the technical aspects of guitar design and tweaking of same.

Yannick Lorrain, Will Killingsworth, Scott Hull, Kurt Ballou.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 1:47 am

But...can any of you play the guitar while riding a bicycle at the same time? :D

The reason I thought to ask is because there was a Wrongplanet member whose WP name was "the bicycling guitarist". Havent seen him on the site in a long time. But at least once he did post a video of the reason he has that nickname. It showed him riding a bicycle while playing a guitar.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 10:24 am

auntblabby wrote:
does the final price have cumulative taxes [such as VAT or others] baked into it?

Aye. Hence why Brits get so confused by the price tags in America!

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 2:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Yep. Tax and delivery cost included. Our prices always include VAT.

I double checked it was £529

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 2:42 pm

I think I've got both guitar tones I'm going to use for recording figured out. They're both based on mixing a tighter sounding amp with a thicker sounding amp.

On the one side I've got a clone of a Valvestate 8100 preamp and a clone of an SLO-100 preamp.
On the other side I've got either my Crate or my clone of an Ampeg VH preamp and an Idiotbox DeathMaster pedal that sounds like Celtic Frost-in-a-box.

I just need to finalize my setup for bass. 8)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 3:39 am

Yesterday i build 2 air-guitars.
Please take one.
:wink:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 11:02 am

I play error guitar because everything is all wrong. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 12:16 pm

Latest Guitar Purchase ... Vintage Cherry Sunburst Alden Resonator

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 2:27 pm

I play a 3-string cigar box guitar my dad made for me. It's hard to play for lots of reasons but I find it more fun to play than my normal six string.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:45 am

Juliette wrote:

you're really talented to be able to play that. :dj:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 1:31 am

Let's see, I have...
* A Frankenstrat with a beautiful Stratocaster II Made in Korea maple neck, Fender 57/62 pickups and custom wiring (can switch between parallel and series), vintage tremolo/bridge.
* A Squier Strat Deluxe in Daphne blue with Blacktop HH faceplate installed (the coil-split options are pretty cool). It was supposed to replace the other guitar, but then I got that MiK neck...
* My first electric bass was a cheap Precision knockoff, but I added a Jazz pickup, a balance knob, p/s switch for the p pickups, high-mass bridge, another nice MiK maple neck, and a rushed paint job. The pickups are from a Steinberger, I really want to replace them some day. I currently have tapewound strings on it, and I don't care for them very much. I play too hard, and they just make a plastic "clack clack" sound against my frets.
* Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '70s, absolutely beautiful bass (and heavy!). I think all I did was swap out the cap for something more vintage, and put black knobs on it. Roundwound strings, currently.
* An old Flamenco guitar that I found at Goodwill for $5 =D I haven't put a lot of practice into learning to play it properly, so I usually just use a pick, or fingerpick it.
* A 70s Yamaha 12-string acoustic that I need to fix, the belly bulges a bit.
* A little old Harmony steel string acoustic that needs some serious neck repair, if I can. I used to get beautiful tones out of that thing.

Um...I've got a couple practice amps (both Crate), and an old Kalamazoo amp from Goodwill that needs tubes. I've got a 70s Kustom bass amp and an Ampeg cab for it...that thing is HUGE and heavy, and I hate bringing it to gigs. But it sounds so good.
Guitar amp is Fender Ultimate Chorus. I love it. I need to get a pedal for it.
I've got a cheap tremolo pedal and a Digitech RP-1 pedal board, but I mostly just use them live sometimes.

I'd love to get a Gibson SG, but I think I may have missed the boat, as they've only been going up in price over the past few years. Do I need another guitar??

Juliette wrote:

Lovely.