Is this girl at work interested in me ?

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2020, 6:07 am

Girl at work into me?
A girl that started a job the same time as me was always quite touchy feely when I make jokes. She moved seats in the office and sits next to me. When we have been out at the pub on nights out on one occasion she was making heart signs across the table and another night out she said she loved me across the table when I made a joke.

There's a guy in another department who is quite persistent on pursuing her. Lunchtimes are usually spent with me her and the other guy.

She left some crackers on my desk she ate some and left some on a tissue for me. At the end of the day she put them in the box for me to take home

What would be the best way to proceed? I'm not bothered about dating in the workplace as it is commonplace and although is an inner city company it is not a career job

my country is in a lockdown and we are working at home alternate days. We will only see each other one day a week. i was thinking about ordering takeout and eating with her in the cafeteria as its the best i can do for now.i eat with her most days anyway so is nothing unusual but would buy the food .

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 6:58 am

I would say maybe, leaning to very likely; these are good signs.

http://dev.wrongplanet.net/forums/viewt ... p?t=387442

How long this been going? Do you text her outside work.... the next step should be attempting to communicating with her outside work.

Does she do that to other guys? Doing heart signs to them? You should observe her how she interacts with other guys.

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2020, 7:10 am

Since about September she would go out of her way to sit next to me in training.

The heart signs thing was a one off on a night out was very early on in the night after 1-2 beers.

She said on a another night across the table I love you followed by my nick name.Again she wouldn't have been drunk after 1-2 beers

I haven't really texted her much apart from asking how her night was after I left etc.

The other guy she doesn't seem to like in a romantic sense yet he is always around following her every move lunchtimes afterwork etc

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 7:26 am

accountinglad wrote:
Since about September she would go out of her way to sit next to me in training.

The heart signs thing was a one off on a night out was very early on in the night after 1-2 beers.

She said on a another night across the table I love you followed by my nick name.Again she wouldn't have been drunk after 1-2 beers

I haven't really texted her much apart from asking how her night was after I left etc.

The other guy she doesn't seem to like in a romantic sense yet he is always around following her every move lunchtimes afterwork etc

Like a stalker? 8O :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 7:31 am

accountinglad wrote:
Girl at work into me?
A girl that started a job the same time as me was always quite touchy feely when I make jokes. She moved seats in the office and sits next to me. When we have been out at the pub on nights out on one occasion she was making heart signs across the table and another night out she said she loved me across the table when I made a joke.

There's a guy in another department who is quite persistent on pursuing her. Lunchtimes are usually spent with me her and the other guy.

She left some crackers on my desk she ate some and left some on a tissue for me. At the end of the day she put them in the box for me to take home

What would be the best way to proceed? I'm not bothered about dating in the workplace as it is commonplace and although is an inner city company it is not a career job

my country is in a lockdown and we are working at home alternate days. We will only see each other one day a week. i was thinking about ordering takeout and eating with her in the cafeteria as its the best i can do for now.i eat with her most days anyway so is nothing unusual but would buy the food .

It sounds extremely promising.
When are you going to invite her on a proper date?
You have the green light from her. :wink:

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2020, 8:00 am

Pepe wrote:
accountinglad wrote:
Girl at work into me?

It sounds extremely promising.
When are you going to invite her on a proper date?
You have the green light from her. :wink:

My country is currently in lockdown. My current working arrangements will mean I only see her one day a week. I plan to order some takeout and eat with her. Her birthday is the first day lockdown eases in December if we ever get out of lockdown will try to go to a bar and maybe dinner afterwards.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 8:49 am

Go text her.

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2020, 8:54 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Go text her.

I have no idea what to say :(

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 10:58 am

accountinglad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Go text her.

Just start with Good morning/evening, whatever...

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 11:24 am

It sounds very promising. Sounds like you have a good chance.
Good for you, good luck!

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2020, 12:33 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
accountinglad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Go text her.

Will say something like i miss her while WFH and go from there.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2020, 1:03 pm

accountinglad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
accountinglad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Go text her.

Just say Good morning/evening.

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2020, 3:09 pm

What's the best way of telling her I like her?
I was thinking of just telling her over lunch or just when going out of the office downstairs for coffee and a smoke.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 10:48 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
accountinglad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
accountinglad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Go text her.

Just say Good morning/evening.

Boo is the expert blobby fish, on dating.
I'd take his advice. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 10:49 pm

accountinglad wrote:
I was thinking of just telling her over lunch or just when going out of the office downstairs for coffee and a smoke.

Take it slow, is my best advice.
Hopefully, she will open up to you too. ;)

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 7:02 pm

accountinglad wrote:

Ask her out to do something, just the two of you. She's probably used to being hit on, and she obviously does not find you creepy. The worst thing that can happen is that she says no, and if she does, there are other women. The best thing that can happen is that she turns out to be "the one". I'd say it's worth the risk.