Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 4:11 pm

I'm starting to have issues with Short-term memory... Mostly forgetting what I'm about to do or forgetting simple things...
Tips?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 6:09 pm

Anxiety? Or the effects of burnout?

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 6:12 pm

Would depend on the root cause. Do you have any idea what might be causing it? Are there other symptoms that might be related?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 7:18 pm

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
Would depend on the root cause. Do you have any idea what might be causing it? Are there other symptoms that might be related?

IDK what's going on exactly...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 7:27 pm

Angnix wrote:
AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:

IDK what's going on exactly...

Have you been getting less sleep lately?
Extra stressed?
Taking any new medications?
Experiencing headaches?
Any change in diet?

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 4:26 pm

I get like that when my stress is over the top. My head is like a sieve.

I have to double down, and make lots of lists.

Off topic, glad you finally got you ASD diagnosis. Where did you eventually go to get it? I have a friend, and she's having a hard time finding a doctor who diagnosis adults let alone women.

Your cat is such a cutie!

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 4:53 pm

Sorry I don’t have much helpful advice, but I’m watching this thread because I’ve developed severe problems with particularly short-term (but also long-term to an extent), probably as a result of years of severe depression and/or the ECT I had as one of many, many (failed) attempts to treat it, and I’ve been really struggling with it. Alarms don’t work for me because I reach a stopping point in whatever I was doing and then forget why/that I was supposed to stop. It’s so bad that I can be actively watching and enjoying TV and completely forget what’s on during a commercial break. Not trying to make this thread about me, really just posting in it so I’ll be more likely to see it and check for any suggestions that might help me as well.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 1:36 pm

Maybe try a nootropic like Aniracetam or Piracetam. Nootropic is a class of drugs that help cognition, memory, executive function etc.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 2:01 pm

Do this for ages, it works. I started doing it while sat randomly in the office at work and noticed an improvement over 2 weeks.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 7:41 am

It got a lot better lately, so could have been stress/burnout...

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 5:26 am

Tiredness, fatigue. Lack of sleep. Bad diet. Aging. Environmental stress. These will all do it.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2021, 1:10 pm

Regardless of whatever you figure out to be the root cause, and in case you haven't already thought of this, a good way to stay on track is to keep a todo list. I use the app called Todoist, which I've found suitable to my use cases.

RPG enthusiast
Has OCD, social anxiety, CPTSD