CEO's met over what to do if Trump refuses to leave

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 6:30 pm

Top CEOs secretly met to plan collective response to Trump’s denial of election results

Quote:
Two dozen of America’s top CEOs convened last Friday, as it appeared that Joe Biden would become the country’s 46th President, to discuss the possibility of current President Donald Trump’s refusing to leave office, according to sources who were present for the hour-plus video call. The exchange is surprising, given that the voice of business leadership has largely been missing from the conversation around the outcome of last week’s presidential election and the President’s unproven claims of massive voter fraud and “illegal” votes.

The CEOs discussed how to collectively handle a President who refused to leave office, as Trump has indicated he may do this January, while remaining neutral with the party currently in charge, according to Yale management professor Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, who led the meeting.

The CEOs agreed, said Sonnenfeld, that the President had a right to pursue legal action around the election. “They said if that makes people feel better, it doesn’t hurt anything to let that grind through,” he said.

But, if the President’s actions began to hurt the peaceful transition of power, the group said they may take public action collectively and privately put pressure on their Republican congresspeople to speak out.

The group is set to convene again next Friday to discuss whether further action is necessary.

Sonnenfeld did not reveal the names of the CEOs but said they were from Fortune 500 companies in various fields.

CEO lobbying group Business Roundtable, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and the National Association of Manufacturers have also reportedly held video meetings this week to discuss how to move forward with the election results.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 6:53 pm

Ironic...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 9:23 pm

Kind of gross how much power corporations wield over governments, But, at least in this case they would be utilizing it for good.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 9:31 pm

Quote:
Sonnenfeld did not reveal the names of the CEOs

Now how did I see that coming ahead of time?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 9:35 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Quote:
Did you?

We have only your word for it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 9:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Quote:
Did you?

There are several unnamed witnesses who corroborate that I did.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 9:50 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Quote:
Did you?  We have only your word for it.
You should really switch to a different brand of cool-aid.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 9:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Quote:
Did you?  We have only your word for it.
You should really switch to a different brand of cool-aid.

What do you mean by that?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 3:05 am

At the meeting, billionaire Blackstone Group CEO Stephen Schwarzman defended President Donald Trump's saying that the president has a right to challenge the results and Pennsylvania results did appear suspicious.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/blackstones- ... 18837.html

Be the hero of your life.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 3:13 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
At the meeting, billionaire Blackstone Group CEO Stephen Schwarzman defended President Donald Trump's saying that the president has a right to challenge the results and Pennsylvania results did appear suspicious.

He has the right to do and say many things hiding under in the protection afforded by the office of POTUS, wait till Jan 22nd and the FBI will have the right to arrest his fat ass.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 3:21 am

What specific charges will the FBI arrest him on?

And I mean specific chargers listed under US law.

Please cite such laws you know of that will be used to place him under arrest, using this source or one that's equal to or better: https://www.usa.gov/laws-and-regulations

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 3:27 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Quote:
Did you?

I'll back you up,
If you pay me cash. :money:

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2020, 3:44 am

TheRobotLives wrote:

Once in court before a judge, his lawyers walked back claims of fraud and said everybody acted in good faith during the election. Neither did the witnesses who submitted reports claim fraud when asked by the judges directly. They were simply fixing mistakes made by voters when filling out forms and the electoral staff making procedural mistakes. These things probably happen every election and don't mean fraud or are large enough to change the result. They did ask to invalidate many more votes based on these mistakes, and judges denied them because it's not logical and way out of proportion.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 3:52 am

idntonkw wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

Once in court before a judge, his lawyers walked back claims of fraud and said everybody acted in good faith during the election. Neither did the witnesses who submitted reports claim fraud when asked by the judges directly. They were simply fixing mistakes made by voters when filling out forms and the electoral staff making procedural mistakes. These things probably happen every election and don't mean fraud or are large enough to change the result. They did ask to invalidate many more votes based on these mistakes, and judges denied them because it's not logical and way out of proportion.

Is that according to "TheRobotLives" source, or one that you haven't supplied yet?

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2020, 1:52 pm

It seems like the 1%'s own Frankenstein's Monster got off its leash and now they have to go catch it before and ravages their own yard. So sad. Why don't they just step aside and let the people handle him. These as*holes need to stop pretending they had no role in enabling this BS with their vast propaganda money. CEO's, you are the problem. Go away.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 4:18 pm

NoClearMind53 wrote:
It seems like the 1%'s own Frankenstein's Monster got off its leash and now they have to go catch it before and ravages their own yard. So sad. Why don't they just step aside and let the people handle him. These as*holes need to stop pretending they had no role in enabling this BS with their vast propaganda money. CEO's, you are the problem. Go away.

Spot on.