Major League Baseball's first female General Manager

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 6:44 pm

Miami Marlins hire Kim Ng as MLB's first female general manager

Quote:
The Miami Marlins are hiring Kim Ng as their new general manager, making her Major League Baseball's first female GM, the team announced Friday.

Ng, 51, has most recently served as MLB's senior vice president of baseball operations for the past nine years, when she was the highest-ranking Asian American female baseball executive. She has also served as assistant general manager for the New York Yankees and Los Angeles Dodgers, working with teams that made the playoffs eight times and won three World Series titles.

Ng, who broke into baseball as an intern and also spent time in the Chicago White Sox front office, will be the highest-ranking woman in baseball operations among the league's 30 teams and is believed to be the first female general manager in any of the four major North American men's sports leagues.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 6:55 pm

Not only is she the first woman to become a major league general manager, but she is also the first person to achieve this who...doesnt have any vowels in her last name.

A true milestone in the rise of persons who are vowel deprived! :D

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 9:10 pm

It certainly seems she is well-qualified.