Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2021, 3:44 pm

We're not for everyone.
Just the 1% that matters.

The commercial below contains the same kind of ironic humor as Carlin's video.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2021, 5:31 pm

Grade B horror movie. If not based in reality .

where ever you go ,there you are

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 2:23 am

The invisible storm

Two months ago on January 6, someone preached an incendiary sermon that resulted in a mob storming a building in Washington city. This assault was visible to the naked eye, it was called an attack on democracy.

However, this assault on democracy has been going on for decades, it is an invisible assault. You cannot see it with the eye. But with a little bit of logical reasoning, the main points of this storm can reasonably be mapped out. People are, after all, a running hard-disk, that hard-disk is written on continuously. Clubs, people, organizations with a lot of power can easily fill the hard disk of politicians. Then these politicians walk into parliaments with their hard disk in their head, and you don't need a lot of imagination to see that democracy (1 human * 1 vote) is left behind. The Deep-State takes control of (1 euro 1 dollar * 1 vote) through this invisible assault of the mob with their hard disk. Of course they are not stupid at the Deep-State, CNN, Shell, Banks, Unilever, and all those other powerful multinationals are really not going to say that they have committed a 'coup'. They make the population believe that there is democracy.

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2021, 12:43 pm

Every society has elites. In some societies the elites are open about their level of control, and in some societies they are not. In some societies the elites identify with the people they rule over, and in some societies they don't.

George Carlin claiming that the real owners in the US are not open about their level of control and that they don't care about the people they rule over is fine as far as it goes, but on its own it's not really that insightful. I don't really understand why that clip is so well known. He doesn't name names or explain what links these owners or explain what anyone else is supposed to do about it.

And if some right-winger had got up and said what Carlin said, you'd be sure to get a load of left-liberals whining about "dangerous populism" and "divisive rhetoric" and "conspiracy theories".

Red Raid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2021, 7:48 am

When you go to a comedian for political talking points. :roll:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 1:38 am

slam_thunderhide wrote:
Every society has elites. In some societies the elites are open about their level of control, and in some societies they are not. In some societies the elites identify with the people they rule over, and in some societies they don't.

George Carlin claiming that the real owners in the US are not open about their level of control and that they don't care about the people they rule over is fine as far as it goes, but on its own it's not really that insightful. I don't really understand why that clip is so well known. He doesn't name names or explain what links these owners or explain what anyone else is supposed to do about it.

And if some right-winger had got up and said what Carlin said, you'd be sure to get a load of left-liberals whining about "dangerous populism" and "divisive rhetoric" and "conspiracy theories".

To me the elites is not the same as the Deep State. The people of the Deep State belong to the elites, but not everyone in the elites belongs to the deep state. The elites is a layer just below the Deep State, and the Deep State contains much lesser people. It is logical that they have a lot of sympathy for each other. That the Deep State, the elites, and the people have sympathy for the elite George Carlin want to marginalize is also very logical. That it was precisely a social, intelligent and socially involved person like Carlin who spoke these legendary words is a powerful formula. For one thing, what Carlin says is true, and it is someone in authority. Carlin may be happy that he has his prestige, if he had said such a thing about the Deep state in Russia or China it could become a prison as a result. As I look at the Deep State of China, it is a much more powerful formula than the Deep State of the West. In China, the Deep State is of course also based on power, but the Deep State in China allows many more people to take advantage of the real rulers. I think thats the reason of the succes of China.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 2:30 am

Is there anyone in this thread who recognizes that all these eerily convenient visual metaphors are too cliche to ever possibly apply to reality?

There is no established definition of "deep state", you are cherry picking facts & making s**t up.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 2:43 am

cberg wrote:
Is there anyone in this thread who recognizes that all these eerily convenient visual metaphors are too cliche to ever possibly apply to reality?

There is no established definition of "deep state", you are cherry picking facts & making s**t up.

Your right that "There is no established definition of "deep state". My definition is broadly that the Deep State is based on 1 dollar 1 vote, and not based on 1 based on 1 human 1 vote as it should be in a democracy.

However you want to call the words from Carlin, in my view its true what he says.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 3:13 am

He didn't characterize anything this way & it's a damn shame he's not alive to break this nonsense down.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 3:14 am

You've made up a nameless, faceless, amorphous enemy instead of knowing any real ones. Carlin was simply describing real problems.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 3:25 am

cberg wrote:
Carlin was simply describing real problems.

Your right!

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 12:06 am

We are the 99%.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 1:16 am

slam_thunderhide wrote:
George Carlin claiming that the real owners in the US are not open about their level of control and that they don't care about the people they rule over is fine as far as it goes, but on its own it's not really that insightful. I.

Way back in 1904 a English politician by the name of Sir Halford Mackinder wrote an extremely revealing book called the "Geographical Pivot of History" which he basically lays out the groundwork for everything that was to transpire in the 20th century based on the great race for colonies in the previous century.

Those merchants who made money from mercantile expeditions in the 16th century onwards formed cartels in the 1890s and became the so called "power behind the throne" in western countries. This wasn't infact the first time merchant cartels formed since the Hanseatic League, Dutch East India Company and British East India Company all successfully ran their own empires. By 1900 Mackinder recognised (correctly) the three great seats of power were London, Amsterdam and New York (which was founded as New Amsterdam).

Those who controlled these cartels became the power, what we today call illuminati, masons, House of Lords etc all are the unamed and anonymous owners of the US and European Union that George Carlin is referring to.

Why stay in the shadows? If your enemies don't know who you are then they don't know whom to target,

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2022, 1:40 am

The warning from Thomas Jefferson from 2 centuries ago didnt help the humans.
In fact he say nearly the same as George Carlin.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2022, 8:29 pm

This is so very sad about what Thomas Jefferson said . :D .It has come true , and we now are trying too cope with the fallout . This saying should be emblazoned on the forehead of every politician. I M H O.

where ever you go ,there you are

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2023, 1:10 pm

:? :| Image