Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2020, 7:03 pm

My kid is in her own space now. It's small and mostly bare floors, so a simple stick vacuum works well. But emptying out the canister is really gross for her; dust and gunk sticks to the filter. She'd like a bagged vacuum but they all seem to be huge. Does anyone use a vacuum that they can recommend? I've seen some that advertise a no mess empty but again, they all seem to be large.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 7:01 pm

I’m pretty sensitive to noise(have tried a number of different vaccuums in the past.) The best I’ve had so far is a Miele(It’s easy clean as it uses a throwaway bag), great suction, low noise level, you use your foot to retract the chord, likewise, you use your foot to turn it off and on. I’m currently using the cat and dog Miele ... but there are others too for much less cost ...

Cat & Dog Miele ...

2020 Range ...

I also have a Vax(noisier, but also does a wet shampoo which is great!). It too uses a disposable bag for dry vaccuuming.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 9:15 pm

Get a Kenmore "Intuition" vacuum.

Kenmore® Intuition™ Upright Vacuum - YouTube

The Kenmore® Intuition™ has reinvented bagged vacuuming. A revolutionary, lightweight, and fully featured ...
Aug 11, 2020 · Uploaded by Kenmore

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2020, 9:54 pm

I've got a Miele very similar to the one Juliette posted. It's great. The bag and intake filter are both disposable and the machine doesn't get that distinctive smell that other vacuum cleaners seem to get.

crstlgls
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2021, 4:50 pm

I have problems with vacuums, too, but it's the loud sound that bothers me, not so much the size. The vacuums I need are unaffordable. I'm thinking about getting a little cordless handheld for those times I need it and just sweeping or mopping the rest of the time. My vacuum broke and I do not have the money to replace it with the kind I need--this would be $400 and up, a hit my budget cannot take.