Page 5 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2020, 9:59 pm

I find it interesting that the few individuals on WP most likely to call someone a fascist, refer to themselves as "we". Is this indicative of a hive mind or a string of sockpuppets?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2020, 10:15 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
I find it interesting that the few individuals on WP most likely to call someone a fascist, refer to themselves as "we". Is this indicative of a hive mind or a string of sockpuppets?

I'm referring to the entire community as 'we'. Censorship impacts all of us.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 1:05 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

I'm referring to the entire community as 'we'. Censorship impacts all of us.

Most of the entire community doesn't go around calling regular members fascists and racists etc. That's limited to a small pack who often gang up on someone.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 1:14 am

magz wrote:
As a moderator, I will keep treating calling someone "fascist" as an insult. After all calling someone "dumb" is regarded an insult even if one has obviously proven it fits.

I called someone an 'idiot', because of their anti-German racism, and was given a warning for that. This was years ago, btw.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 2:25 am

I have BLOCKED the attack pack.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Nov 2020, 2:34 am

funeralxempire wrote:
magz wrote:
As a moderator, I will keep treating calling someone "fascist" as an insult. After all calling someone "dumb" is regarded an insult even if one has obviously proven it fits.
It's not an insult if they can't speak. :wink:
Be careful. On WP, you're supposed to know that people may be unable to speak for reasons other than intellectual disability.
funeralxempire wrote:
If right wing populism focused on a charismatic leader is fascism, why can't we call those who espouse it or openly sympathize with literally what they are? Why do we have to adopt euphemisms which they will inevitably end up complaining are also insults at some point in the future?
It's not against WP rules to insult political leaders.
It's against WP rules to insult WP members.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 2:44 am

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

I called someone an 'idiot', because of their anti-German racism, and was given a warning for that. This was years ago, btw.

I had my post edited by Cornflake weeks back for mentioning to someone their ideology they expressed is the reason why people call others Nazis because of comments like this and people wonder why they are being called one.

That comment got seen as an attack even though I didn't call that user a Nazi nor did I call anyone on this forum a Nazi, I only explained why that term gets tossed around like candy some people make it out to be.

I guess saying on here that the reason why people call others Nazis and pointing out a comment someone here made as an example is an attack but no warning was ever given to me in PM. I was also never informed about my post either. I only saw the edit.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 2:53 am

Years ago I called myself an as*hole on this forum, I was given warning about it. Apparently attack on other members here also applies to insulting ourselves. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 5:30 am

League_Girl wrote:
Years ago I called myself an as*hole on this forum, I was given warning about it. Apparently attack on other members here also applies to insulting ourselves. :wink:

Bizarre. 8O
Is that mod still around? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 5:33 am

League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

I had my post edited by Cornflake weeks back for mentioning to someone their ideology they expressed is the reason why people call others Nazis because of comments like this and people wonder why they are being called one.

That comment got seen as an attack even though I didn't call that user a Nazi nor did I call anyone on this forum a Nazi, I only explained why that term gets tossed around like candy some people make it out to be.

I guess saying on here that the reason why people call others Nazis and pointing out a comment someone here made as an example is an attack but no warning was ever given to me in PM. I was also never informed about my post either. I only saw the edit.

Perhaps Cornflake can enlighten us as to why he did that.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 5:41 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
I have BLOCKED the attack pack.

I have no need for the blocking software.
I either skip the post or defend my position, if I am being misrepresented.
There is no emotional content when I use reason to present my view.

Clarifying an erroneous position, when it pertains to me, is my right.
The right of reply, I would have thought. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 5:43 am

magz wrote:
It's not against WP rules to insult political leaders.
It's against WP rules to insult WP members.

Yup.
That one I know. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 5:49 am

League_Girl wrote:
The topic is about being called a fascist. I mention about rethinking of your actions and you bring up the term free thinking into this. I'll say this again.

Quote:
Free thinking has become a doggy whistle for deny deny deny deny history and racism and science. Then they whine and cry when they are given consequences or are called out on their actions and they hide behind the label "free thinking

This is what I mean by you create misunderstandings then. Case closed. Many people don't care about dictionary definitions and that argument won't go with them when you explain your position. 8)

Creating personal or factional definitions is how you create misunderstandings.
Having a definitive definition, via the dictionary, allows all to partake in the art of communicating effectively. 8)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 5:59 am

Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Bizarre. 8O

Nope, long gone. Even as a member too.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 6:10 am

League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Bizarre. 8O

Nope, long gone. Even as a member too.

I think that might be a good thing, too. :mrgreen:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2020, 6:15 am

Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
The topic is about being called a fascist. I mention about rethinking of your actions and you bring up the term free thinking into this. I'll say this again.

Quote:
Free thinking has become a doggy whistle for deny deny deny deny history and racism and science. Then they whine and cry when they are given consequences or are called out on their actions and they hide behind the label "free thinking

This is what I mean by you create misunderstandings then. Case closed. Many people don't care about dictionary definitions and that argument won't go with them when you explain your position. 8)

Having a definitive definition, via the dictionary, allows all to partake in the art of communicating effectively. 8)

That only works if everyone listens to their meanings and clarifications and not assume they are cop outs they're using and if everyone used Google or dictionary definitions.

I can say all I want "I'm literal so everything i say here is literal, no hidden meaning" and that won't work. Been there.

It's like I can use the word ret*d and argue why its not offensive and pull up the dictionary to explain my position. People won't buy it. They will just think I used it to be an ableist and put down people with developmental disorders and intellectual impairments.

Source:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ret*d

Quote:
to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.