Mass shooting at Milwaukee area mall

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 5:46 pm

Active shooter reported at Mayfair Mall, at least 8 injured and taken to hospital

Quote:
In a statement released to ABC News, Wauwatosa Mayor Dennis McBride confirmed an active shooter situation with a suspect who remained “at large.” None of the victims’ injuries appeared to be life-threatening, he said.

Witnesses inside the mall reported hearing multiple gunshots before being asked to shelter in place.

A police officer at the front entrance of Froedtert Hospital said eight patients from Mayfair have been transported there.

It is not clear how many people have been shot.

The shooting occurred about 3 p.m, according to emergency radio traffi

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 6:03 pm

Yipes, I hope this won't start to be the end of this mall. That is how Northridge Mall died after a stabbing occurred there in the parking lot in 1992.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 8:46 pm

Shooting at Wisconsin mall leaves 8 injured

Quote:
A gunman opened fire inside a shopping mall near Milwaukee on Friday, leaving seven adults and one teenager injured, police said. The extent of the injuries was unclear.

The suspect, described as a White male in his 20s or 30s, fled the scene before officers arrived at the Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa. Police Chief Barry Weber said they were working to determine the suspect's identity.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 12:07 am

It sound like this dude is a terrible shot. Which is a good thing.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 12:15 am

League_Girl wrote:
Yipes, I hope this won't start to be the end of this mall. That is how Northridge Mall died after a stabbing occurred there in the parking lot in 1992.
It died after a stabbing 28 years ago? Or did it die because gangbangers loiter there?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 1:50 am

So another round of this begins....

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 3:23 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
So another round of this begins....
Another round of broken condoms plaguing society. I'm reffering to him as a broken condom.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 2:21 pm

Let's all be glad nobody was actually killed by this person.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 11:17 am

3, Including 15-Year-Old Boy, Arrested for Shooting That Injured 8 at Wisconsin Mall

Quote:
A total of three people, including an alleged shooter, have been arrested in connection to a shooting that left eight people injured at a suburban Milwaukee shopping mall Friday, authorities said.

On Sunday, police in the city of Wauwatosa announced a 15-year-old was taken into custody in connection with the incident, which occurred after an altercation between two groups near the entrance of a Macy's store at the Mayfair Mall.

In an update Monday, police said that a total of three people were arrested, including the suspected shooter, who was apprehended during a traffic stop in Milwaukee, NBC affiliate WTMJ reported.

The weapon suspected of being used during the shooting was found in the vehicle the teen was in at the time of his arrest, according to police.

In addition to the accused shooter, officers arrested a person who was believed to be involved the shooting, and a passenger in the vehicle at the time of the suspected shooter's arrest, officials stated.