Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 7:09 pm

Here is a link to a Trumpocalypse Clock.  With it, you can track the time remaining in the term of our 45th President, Donald John Trump (and thus his administration), down to the very second he either voluntarily leaves or is forcibly removed from office.

:D Enjoy!

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 2:48 am

I'd look at it as the time that everyone finally stops talking about DT. But I know that's never going to happen.

Next will be all the talk about how he's going to run for the 2024 election, and all the campaigning against it. In other words, back to square one.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 11:57 am

I’m not worried about him in 2024,Tom Cotton is a bigger concern.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 5:53 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Next will be all the talk about how he's going to run for the 2024 election,

Unlikely. I would expect that either he will be in prison or he will flee to a foreign country.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 2:37 am

Donald Trump will likely - despite whatever political spin he puts on it - spend his remaining time in office to further his own private interests irrespective of the damage it will do to the US and his own party.

If there is anything to be learned about Trump from his (now thankfully moribund) presidency, then it is this:

Everything Trump does, he does so for a *personal* advantage, not for political reasons.

Stuff Trump doesn't care about:
- The almost 80 million Americans who voted for Joe Biden
- The almost 74 million Americans who voted for Donald Trump
- The Supreme Court
- The Republican Party
- The Democratic Party
- Evangelical Christians
- American jobs
- Israel
- China
- The Planet

Stuff Donald Trump cares about:
- Donald Trump

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 3:05 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Next will be all the talk about how he's going to run for the 2024 election,

Unlikely. I would expect that either he will be in prison or he will flee to a foreign country.

I think that's as likely as the coup that didn't happen and the maga riots that didn't happen.

I've yet to see anyone explain exactly what he would be put in jail for by citing US law.

He's going to be living high on the hog and getting tons of attention by simply tweeting about Biden and Harris for starters.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 9:11 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
I would expect that either he will be in prison or he will flee to a foreign country.

I think that's as likely as the coup that didn't happen and the maga riots that didn't happen.

I've yet to see anyone explain exactly what he would be put in jail for by citing US law.

See:

- What Trump faces on Jan. 20, 2021 by Tom Winter, NBC News, Nov. 22, 2020: "As soon as he becomes a private citizen, Trump will be stripped of the legal armor that has protected him from pending cases both civil and criminal."
- Once Out Of Office, Trump Faces Significant Legal Jeopardy by Ryan Lucas, NPR, November 20, 2020
- The People v. Donald J. Trump by Jeff Wise, New York Magazine, Sept. 14, 2020: "The criminal case against him is already in the works — and it could go to trial sooner than you think."
- Possible Federal and State Crimes - American Constitution Society

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 24 Nov 2020, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 9:13 am

Orange Is The New Trump.

(Claiming moral equivalency between immoral acts is a null defense.)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 1:12 pm

He will look good sporting orange.It will match his skin tone.
He can write a book while he’s in there.Negotiate deals for extra goods from the commissary.Maybe get some jail tats, join a gang.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 1:47 pm

Misslizard wrote:
He will look good sporting orange.It will match his skin tone.
He can write a book while he’s in there.Negotiate deals for extra goods from the commissary.Maybe get some jail tats, join a gang.

Here's his makeover:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmRuJlFnHa7 ... um=loading

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 1:49 pm

It’s an improvement on his old look.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 1:56 pm

"69"?

(Claiming moral equivalency between immoral acts is a null defense.)

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 2:02 pm

Americans didn't know what a dob was...

He did them a favour when he showed them :lol:

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 11:20 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
I would expect that either he will be in prison or he will flee to a foreign country.

See:

- What Trump faces on Jan. 20, 2021 by Tom Winter, NBC News, Nov. 22, 2020: "As soon as he becomes a private citizen, Trump will be stripped of the legal armor that has protected him from pending cases both civil and criminal."
- Once Out Of Office, Trump Faces Significant Legal Jeopardy by Ryan Lucas, NPR, November 20, 2020
- The People v. Donald J. Trump by Jeff Wise, New York Magazine, Sept. 14, 2020: "The criminal case against him is already in the works — and it could go to trial sooner than you think."

1. Trump can declare himself unable to perform his duties under the 25 amendment.

2. Pence becomes president.

3. President Pence pardons Trump on all federal charges.

4. A few weeks later, Trump declares himself fit, and resumes the presidency.

Be the hero of your life.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2020, 12:14 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:

See:

Before I hunt though those, since I'm sure you read each carefully, do they specifically cite what laws Trump has broken ie "U.S. Code §_______ "?

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2020, 12:33 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
See:

Before I hunt though those, since I'm sure you read each carefully, do they specifically cite what laws Trump has broken ie "U.S. Code §_______ "?

Copy-paste from the third link above...

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?pat ... ion=prelim
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1001
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/371
https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/PEN/175.10
https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/RPT/1806