My apartment neighbor threatened to shoot me earlier today

Page 4 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 9:44 pm

Had a productive appointment with my Psychologist, Bonnie.
And since it was at her farm and no appointment followed mine today we had some extra time.
Came up with actions for most things we looked at.
Didn't get everything covered, but really, when does that actually happen in one sitting.

When I pulled up to the arena building a horse in the adjoining fenced area came running up to look me over.
Could have just been curiosity on a grey rainy day or he could have been expecting someone, I guess.
On pasture side arena was a horse whose gender I couldn't discern, its response to my arrival was more like "Yeah, yeah, whatever. This grass is more interesting than you are."
:D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 10:28 pm

^^^would any of those critters be therapy animals by any chance?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 11:32 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^would any of those critters be therapy animals by any chance?

Yes! Stand by for a PM with some details.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 1:28 pm

I would think that watching horses would be SO soothing!

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 9:10 am

Update, April 23, 2021, It was with a nail gun instead of a bullet gun but that nutcase neighbor downstairs did shoot another neighbor Sunday night the 18th; and maybe even the neighbor's daughter too.
Nutcase even twice laughed about hitting other neighbor in the nipple.
and continued shooting nail gun at her after several times being told that it hurts, stop.
I'm expecting that 'seals the deal' and nutcase will soon be banished from the property.
If not banished already.
Hopefully banished already.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Apr 2021, 9:11 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Update, April 23, 2021, It was with a nail gun instead of a bullet gun but that nutcase neighbor downstairs did shoot another neighbor Sunday night the 18th; and maybe even the neighbor's daughter too.
Nutcase even twice laughed about hitting other neighbor in the nipple.
and continued shooting nail gun at her after several times being told that it hurts, stop.
I'm expecting that 'seals the deal' and nutcase will soon be banished from the property.
If not banished already.
Hopefully banished already.

To jail, I hope 8O

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 9:19 am

to perdition, i hope.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 9:20 am

magz wrote:
To jail, I hope

That brings to mind a thought had the other day,
Looking at Lisa's history here at the apartments, is she sane enough to live freely in society?

It also brings to mind a thought I've been having for several months,
Hmm, something about her reminds of a book title I saw a few years ago,
oh, what was it ...?
Ah, that's it - Clear and present danger.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 9:23 am

auntblabby wrote:
to perdition, i hope.

There is a certain vengeful appeal to that concept ...

and,
You know those stories where the Police go "Oh, the person was just mouthing off, that wasn't a serious threat" & then later the threatened thing happens?
Does this count as one of them?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 9:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
to perdition, i hope.

There is a certain vengeful appeal to that concept ...and, You know those stories where the Police go "Oh, the person was just mouthing off, that wasn't a serious threat" & then later the threatened thing happens? Does this count as one of them?

i have been the victim of bad cops, and although i never dared tell them to go to the devil, i suspect they already had met his acquaintance.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 10:07 am

... You know those stories where the Police go "Oh, the person was just mouthing off, that wasn't a serious threat" & then later the threatened thing happens? ...
It sure seems like it.  Case in point:

Anaheim police officers seem to deliberately delay or "forget" responses to reports of strange or violent behavior, especially when the people acting strangely or violently are identified by callers as "homeless".  They also seem to delay or "forget" responses to reports of domestic disturbances and gang activity.

The only time I have heard them (on the scanner) respond quickly to such calls was when the location was at or near Disneyland, or when the caller later called back and reported shots being fired.  Then all Hell breaks loose, with multiple patrol units, canine units, SWAT teams, and aerial surveillance units being dispatched to the scene.

Strangely, violent incidents at or near Disneyland never seem to be reported to the Media, almost as if an immediate news blackout is imposed on the entire city as soon as the word "Disney" is heard.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 12:13 pm

Well, she's not in jail yet, I just got back from finally running an errand I'd have like to a couple days ago but optical migraines and muscle spasms in the rest of my body nixed it, and she's out back hacking phlegm between smokes.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Apr 2021, 12:23 pm

Seriously? A person who has clearly proven to be violently dangerous didn't get arrested?
Then who contributes to the biggest prison population in the world?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 12:41 pm

But she's a mental patient and everybody knows, or at least all the loudmouth activists say, that the mentally ill aren't the people who are doing violence!

That brings to mind one time during an argument with another neighbor out in the hall a year or so ago where she suddenly stopped shouting, got a look in her eyes, and said something along the lines of, "Oh. I need to go take my medicine" and went back in her apartment.
Yes, I was out there too and saw it happen.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Apr 2021, 12:45 pm

But she's a mental patient and everybody knows, or at least all the loudmouth activists say, that the mentally ill aren't the people who are doing violence!

That brings to mind one time during an argument with another neighbor out in the hall a year or so ago where she suddenly stopped shouting, got a look in her eyes, and said something along the lines of, "Oh. I need to go take my medicine" and went back in her apartment.
Yes, I was out there too and saw it happen.
Don't you have places and procedures for dangerous mental patients?
Okay, someone mentally ill may not belong to a jail but as long as they is dangerous, they doesn't belong to the society as well. That's what psychiatric wards are for.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 12:56 pm

magz wrote:
That's what psychiatric wards are for.

And through the last several years Lisa has a track record of disruptive and violent behavior here at the apartments which shows she belongs in one!

magz wrote:
Don't you have places and procedures for dangerous mental patients?

Ohh man is there ever a whole entire thing about that in this country,

reading the following article might be a good start on learning about it,
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ms/384838/
Quote:
... Although psychiatric hospitals still exist, the dearth of long-term care options for the mentally ill in the U.S. is acute, the researchers say. State-run psychiatric facilities house 45,000 patients, less than a tenth of the number of patients they did in 1955. With the doubling of the U.S. population, the researchers write, this is a 95 percent decline.

The process of “de-institutonalization,” or shutting the doors of psychiatric hospitals, started in the 1950s, and was expedited in the 1960s and 1970s with the passage of new healthcare laws that introduced peer-facilitated community treatment, as well as some highly publicized cases of patient abuse.

“Long-term psychiatric treatment has been viewed with suspicion, and rightly so,” Sisti said.

But the mentally ill did not disappear into thin air. ...