Page 8 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 6:43 pm

On my local reservation, the elections are about which sub-tribe will get all the goodies.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 7:01 pm

regrettable that one subtribe trumps all the rest.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 7:06 pm

auntblabby wrote:

That system is designed to fail. It is a warning for commutarians, not a fate.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 7:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I'm not sure it's that surprising that people who have little power cling to expressing the power they have in petty ways or that nepotism even exists in social systems where everyone is related.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 7:09 pm

not surprising by any stretch but persistently disappointing just the same. mankind refuses to evolve and in fact seems to be devolving.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 11:07 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
adromedanblackhole wrote:
Would you relocate to live in a community designed by and for people on the spectrum? I'm thinking small like a co-op primarily for people who are self-supporting. Chronic loneliness is something many of us suffer from our entire lives, it would be nice if we didn't have to.

No I would not move to a community like that

Why wouldn't you? just want to know.

well if i were ever to live in a intentional community i would rather it be a Intentional Christian Community and i would rather be rich or at least wealthy also cuz i want a wife and kids

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 2:13 am

I'm strongly in favor of building the "Autistic community" in the sense of a much bigger and better organized subculture than we have now. But NOT in the sense of housing co-ops or "planned communities," at least for most of us.

An autistics-only housing co-op would cost a lot of money to build. A bunch of autistic people from rich families could probably pull this off successfully, perhaps, but it's just not an option for the rest of us.

It might be useful for us to be concentrated in certain neighborhoods within a city, though.

simonthesly74
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2021, 5:25 pm

I’d be more inclined to move into an apartment building for only autistic people than one where I was the only autistic person. However, in this hypothetical scenario, I would prefer to live alongside people with similarly high-functioning autism (I have Asperger’s) as opposed to lower-functioning types. TBH, though I fully respect them I don’t tend to vibe with lower-functioning autists especially since I have a history of being put with them in school.

I would attend organized social events, but even in this hypothetical living situation among fellow autists, I would want my privacy and not to socialize all the time. However, when I did decide to socialize, I’d be a lot less scared about what my neighbors might do to me than I would be with NTs.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 7:08 pm

Yes, such would be nice from an overall benevolent standpoint; however, funding and making sure that said community tends to work well with all autistic might be difficult; but, can be overcome