Do you ever watch autistic YouTube channels?

Page 2 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you ever watch autistic YouTube channels?
Yes, and I have a few favorite ones 38%  38%  [ 27 ]
Yes, but I don't have any favorite ones 30%  30%  [ 21 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 20 ]
None of the above 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 71

JP210168
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2020, 9:12 am

Not much. There are a few people I know of on the spectrum on Youtube that branch off onto other subjects like Max Derrat (I think his name is?). I'm fine with that kind of content, talking about ASD and other things, but I don't want to hear someone talk solely about their being on the spectrum for minutes at a time.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 4:48 pm

Udinaas wrote:
I haven't delved very deeply into autistic youtube but I recently started watching Aspergers From the Inside. He's relatable and I've learned a lot.

League Girl, if you think JP Sears is hard to figure out you should try watching Jreg :lol:
I love dreg! and I dont really even care about politics.

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 11:38 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Is autism more common in people or YouTube channels? I thought only people could have autism. :nerdy:

Ha ha :-)
Good point. I'm not sure.

http://www.autscape.org/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 9:04 pm

Yes I watch them. I used to watch them a lot, now only occasionally. I don’t know why I watch less these days.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 11:21 pm

I found one that I used to watch: https://invidiou.site/watch?v=RGkzTIG_azU

Straight to the point, useful, and factual, without being cutesy and expressive or asking for money or subscribers. I like the monotone and expressionless autistic people like this guy.

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2020, 11:21 am

Thanks for this Ken,

Firstly, it's good to be in touch with you again.

I really enjoyed watching this interview. I related very much to
Dr Mordi, his expression of autism uncannily resembled my own. I also warmed to him enormously as a person and creative being in his own right.

Thanks Ken,

Go well out there.

Chris.

SourToTheCore
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Dec 2020, 9:51 pm

Yes I watch 6 Blinds Kids, (I stopped watching Fathering Autism, something about them is a bit off to me but I can't quite place my finger on it) I also watch a smaller channel ROCK'N STIMS, and another channel which isn't in English majority of the time Adam's Autism Family. I think Mr. Enter is on the spectrum so I watch him too. Can't think of anyone else.

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2020, 11:08 am

starkid wrote:
Mostly I watch men because the aspie women are just unbearable. I can't stand the bouncy, smiley, cutesy "look at me, isn't being an aspie cool and interesting!" But now I see men doing the fake overly expressive YouTube persona as well.
Ha ha ha :)
I know what you mean.
I actually like most of them, but some are indeed too difficult to watch. "Princess Aspien" comes to mind, but I think it may be her ADHD that makes her videos so difficult to watch.

http://www.autscape.org/

ChiefEspatier
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Dec 2020, 4:07 pm

I actually find it frustrating that there aren't many that talk about it, who don't simply turn it into FAQs about autism//use youtube as a personal diary.

I spent 4 years following right wing youtubers like jordan peterson and ben shapiro hoping the bridge would be made between autistic politics and the way the left is sabotaging us, but it never came about.

It was frustrating because I'm relatively apolitical. The new left vilifies sociobiology, while the right has been giving it more attention. 4 years later and I feel like society has become more ignorant of the topic than less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8NiOA78GwI

This is basically one of my top 10 reference points that all people on the spectrum should be aware of, however non Jordan Peterson fans will run into a mountain of irrelevant and moronic "JP owns sjw/full beast mode etc" videos.

Jordan Peterson is an scientists who's following the cutting edge of neuro science and the science has been snuffled out by meaningless nt nonsense.

JP's entire life's work could be summarized as "why autistic men fail and how to fix it", instead he's used as canon fodder by the right.

Unrionically I became a conservative because his work was so attacked by the left. The acceptance of his work was embraced by the right and for a long time, it made me a conservative.

I really have nothing but contempt for political talk at this point, I have so little interest in social media/entertainment.

My main concern is the autistic world and it appears we've regressed in the last 4-5 years which is horrific considering all the progress that was made in the decade before it.

I came out of the autistic closet in 2012, met my wife in 2014 etc. Things seemed to be up and uping not just for me but many of my peers etc. However the last 5 years have been a dead end. Our main allies "diversity" movements have in my opinion white washed our concerns.

While the right isn't actively doing anything to hurt us, they sure as hell aren't helping either.

In short it's silly to trust nts to do our job.

Back to the point there are so few relevant aspie speakers/youtubers out there it is frustrating.

We need a brand of leadership that we simply lack.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2020, 4:18 pm

I'm sure some of the YouTubers I watch are autistic (I know 12tone is) but I don't ever watch autism related content.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2020, 5:58 pm

I like this guy. He's very calm.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2020, 6:06 pm

I watch "Fathering Autism."

I guess the father does seem sort of "casual" about the autism. But I believe the "casualness" is a survival mechanism.

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2020, 6:42 pm

I watched a video of a couple who had autistic girls and they were handling them wrong.
They were patronising them and no wonder the girls had meltdowns and bit their wrists.
I had a real go at them, telling them to get service animals and communication devices and to stop druggging them and patronising them.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2020, 6:49 pm

starkid wrote:

Mostly I watch men because the aspie women are just unbearable. I can't stand the bouncy, smiley, cutesy "look at me, isn't being an aspie cool and interesting!"

This gal is ... not that way. You might like her.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Dec 2020, 7:32 pm

jimmy m wrote:
I have seen a few. The one I like the most are Princess Aspien. She has so much energy.

I've listened to a few Princess Aspien videos, but she's someone I can't watch. Too much jewlery and makeup, IMO. I'm more for more grunt and less elegance.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2020, 7:34 pm

I like elegance better than grunts from a lady, I must say.