RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 8:46 pm

RushKing wrote:

At 2:28 the Rational National says "abolish the police" is the actual activist position. He then says "defund the police" is a compromise. Me thinks he intentionally left out the words "for now". So if one is against abolishing the police why would one want to let the activists that want to abolish get their first step towered their goal.

We still have free speech in this country so the Rational National can say he knows more about what strategy will help or hurt the progressive cause than Barack Obama, Jim Clyborn, and reportedly the late Jim Lewis but if I were a betting man I would put my money on the latter 3.

I remember people were pretty upset with planned parenthood being defunded.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 9:15 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Rational National can say he knows more about what strategy will help or hurt the progressive cause than Barack Obama

Obama brought us Trump.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 9:20 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
RushKing wrote:

At 2:28 the Rational National says "abolish the police" is the actual activist position. He then says "defund the police" is a compromise. Me thinks he intentionally left out the words "for now". So if one is against abolishing the police why would one want to let the activists that want to abolish get their first step towered their goal.

We still have free speech in this country so the Rational National can say he knows more about what strategy will help or hurt the progressive cause than Barack Obama, Jim Clyborn, and reportedly the late Jim Lewis but if I were a betting man I would put my money on the latter 3.

Did you mean John Lewis?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 10:35 pm

RushKing wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Rational National can say he knows more about what strategy will help or hurt the progressive cause than Barack Obama

Obama brought us Trump.

No, reactionaries just got carried forward on the tide counter to progress. The political tide has always rolled in and out ,and always will.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 12:26 am

RushKing wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Obama brought us Trump.

Racists brought us trump

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 6:49 am

RushKing wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Obama brought us Trump.

Trump's voters did.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 6:50 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
RushKing wrote:

Did you mean John Lewis?

Yes

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran