Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Dec 2020, 10:09 am

I figured I would share this. Why not. Being that I'm a Black/African-American, gay and austistic writer, I guess I should. If guys want to check these out, you can.

Ever since I was little, I wrote stories and created characters, and had a vivid imagination, and I would maladaptive daydream and people watch quite a bit. I also watched a lot of TV and movies, and watch a lot of reality TV, and watched the news a lot. I of course did a lot of reading; whether that was books or articles.

When I was in High School, I had the idea to write an action/crime novel. I came up with the title, "Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained." (Which I actually thought it would be a good title for the story originally, but was on the fence about it. I saw an episode of "Cash Cab", which is a game show that takes place in a taxi. A group of contestants said "Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained", in the show and I stuck with that title.) I would jot down little notes about the story, but never committed to actually writing it. Then I finally started to write Chapter 1 of the story, but I would doubt myself and wouldn't continue after that, and I deleted what I wrote. I did this several times, until finally I completed the first draft. I then from there decided to go further than that, and try to get the story released. I sent the story to several publishers, but got rejected. So I decided to release it myself independently. It's basically a story about a group of five guys that join an organized crime group, and do heists. It is very great, and has several twists and turns, and it's a page turner and very action packed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PP4JW9H

It wasn't, (and still isn't) as well received as I hoped, and I ran into some issues with the promotion company I used, but I was still happy to release my first book. So I didn't stop there. I released my second story, "Profiles of Hope." Which is about a Psychologist who was raised as mormon, invites a bunch of guys to his house, for a house party, and they each tell stories about their lives, full of drama, comedy, thrilling moments, and other impactful events. They then film a documentary, and enter a film festival based on their stories. It's a great story.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XQQF6F7/

I'm currently contemplating on whether or not as to whether I will write my third novel, (and hopefully release it next year), which right now the working title is "Broadcast". It's about an internet streamer/DJ/news podcaster who gets involved with several adventures and meets new characters. I'm basing the main character off The Carpetbagger, who's a youtube personality I like, and he does a lot of videos on exploration and history and stuff.

I don't know, based on the fact my first two books aren't really going anywhere know, I'm doubting myself yet again, but I don't know. I'll see what happens.

So yeah, if you guys want to check out my stories, I appreciate that.

Also, my first book, there is an audiobook version. My second book was supposed to have an audiobook as well, but I'm having issues with the voice actor I hired, and I'm trying to get that sorted out. I HAVE SOME AUDIBLE CODES, FOR THOSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO LISTEN TO THE AUDIOBOOK FOR FREE. THEY ARE FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

Thank you all, and take care. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 10:22 am

god bless and keep you. :star:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 12:36 am

I have the upmost admiration for any fellow writer. I have three books published, along with short fiction in various anthologies, but I have yet to see much financial success. But y'know, that doesn't matter. I love writing fiction, and that's what matters most. I fully embrace being a starving artist; that's my chosen identity. I doubt if I'll ever be a millionaire like Stephen King, and I don't care. I'm more interested in having my fiction read than getting rich.
By chance, did you go through Amazon self publishing? That's the route I, and more and more writers, are taking.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 7:21 pm

Congratulations on getting some novels written and in to print. I have downloaded a sample from Amazon of your first book.

I’m interested in how you set up your characters.

I’ve had one nonfiction book published. It is now out of print. I do not have sufficient imagination to write fiction.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 7:39 pm

Well done on writing your books!

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Mar 2021, 2:57 pm

Okay. I have a bittersweet update. My third potential novel, may forever indefinitely be unfinished and incomplete. It may be shelved forever. I'm struggling to write the story, and Chapter 1 isn't even finished yet. I have the story mapped out, but still the creative energy I have is continually being zapped away from me. The Covid 19 pandemic didn't help one bit. Just really finding it hard to write.

Plus, I'm finding it hard to market my other stories, and I do have fans and a fanbase, and supporters, and people that enjoy my material, but the haters and naysayers and people that don't care for my writing, come out of the woodwork. I have to ignore that. So I'm kinda in a slump right now. However, I know if I write the story, I will bust out pages, and get it done quickly, and have the book released by the summer. I know it.

But here's the cover character art, which is finished. So yeah. I'll update you guys soon as to what's coming next, if anything, but yeah. I'll update regardless. Thank you.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2021, 4:10 pm

I know the feeling of running out of energy. I can't count the creative projects I've scrapped because I didn't have the energy to see them through to completion.

How does one release books independently? On Amazon or is there another method?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2021, 4:32 pm

Offset wrote:
Okay. I have a bittersweet update. My third potential novel, may forever indefinitely be unfinished and incomplete. It may be shelved forever. I'm struggling to write the story, and Chapter 1 isn't even finished yet. I have the story mapped out, but still the creative energy I have is continually being zapped away from me. The Covid 19 pandemic didn't help one bit. Just really finding it hard to write.

Plus, I'm finding it hard to market my other stories, and I do have fans and a fanbase, and supporters, and people that enjoy my material, but the haters and naysayers and people that don't care for my writing, come out of the woodwork. I have to ignore that. So I'm kinda in a slump right now. However, I know if I write the story, I will bust out pages, and get it done quickly, and have the book released by the summer. I know it.

But here's the cover character art, which is finished. So yeah. I'll update you guys soon as to what's coming next, if anything, but yeah. I'll update regardless. Thank you.

In regard to the picture - the big guy with glasses in the middle looks kind of like me. :lol: :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2021, 9:35 pm

Offset wrote:

have you contacted WP's RedRobin? he is a published author and he might be able to help you.

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Mar 2021, 3:19 am

auntblabby wrote:
Offset wrote:

have you contacted WP's RedRobin? he is a published author and he might be able to help you.

I have not, no. Thank you for recommending me to him. I appreciate it. Thanks. :D

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 3:43 am

Cool! I hope I'll eventually get to that point, too.

Self publishing is an option for anyone with the money, but actually getting the book sold is said to be tricky since one has to do all the marketing themselves. That's why I'm curious, how have you marketed your books?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 4:41 am

prego, good luck Offset :star:

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 5:42 am

I hope your muse returns, Offset.

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jun 2022, 4:23 am

My third novel, is now released. Right now, I only have Kindle/ebook format available. I was supposed to have the paperback/hard copy/physical edition finished, but my cover artist, communication with him is haphazard, so yeah. Hopefully I can get it soon. I hope to get a Audiobook format done, but we'll see about that..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WDB5XX2

If any of you would like free audiobook copies of my other books. Let me know please. I'm doing a giveaway on Reddit. (r/Jazzyfusion on Reddit.) so yeah.
https://www.reddit.com/r/audiobooks/com ... copies_of/