Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 6:17 pm

i have problems peeing and was diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction basically my muscles are too tight and have trouble relaxing them to go to the bathroom (all my muscles are too tight though )

Does any one have any issues like this or similar to this?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 1:58 am

Have you been referred for PRT? It sounds like Pelvic Rehab Therapy would be of benefit for you. It normally runs about twice a week for up to six months, but you should start to feel relief in the first few sessions if you have a qualified therapist.

They'll use manual manipulation of the fascia and muscles, as well as biofeedback and TENS stimulation to relax your tension. It's like learning how to "not do" a Kegel.

I don't know where you live but you could try googling Pelvic rehab centres near you.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/womens-h ... ent-option

Good luck!

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 10:25 am

I have vaginismus, which is a condition where inserting something in the vagina triggers painful spasms. I found out about it because of getting an intra-uterine insemination (donor sperm deposited directly in the uterus to try to get pregnant), but more often it's discovered due to sexual dysfunction or difficulty using tampons. It's considered a psychosomatic condition because it's often caused by anxiety around sex or negative experiences with penetration, and it's treated by inserting vaginal dilators of varying sizes to gradually teach the body that things entering the vagina isn't that bad.

I also have urge and stress incontinence. Urge incontinence refers to feeling sudden intense need to pee out of the blue, stress incontinence is leaking when you cough, sneeze, laugh, exert yourself physically, etc. Both are pretty mild for me now, but used to be a lot more significant issues when I was a child.