Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 6:04 pm

I thought that someone else would post this, but silence has made me decide to do it myself. I will not use Elliot's deadname instead of the name they just recently said is theirs, you should be able to pick up who they are from their previous roles as Shadowcat in X-Men 3, the star of Juno, Inception and most recently Vanya from The Umbrella Academy.

Their Twitter message is pretty long, and I don't really know how to well copy it to here other than copying what someone else reporting on it wrote, so I will just put the link bellow. They address not only who they are but systematic problems for trans people.
https://twitter.com/TheElliotPage/status/1333820783655837701/photo/1

Although a lot of people are reporting on Elliot as now being a man, I think that it worth noting that Elliot does not say what he is other than trans and what their pronouns are. Pronouns do not always always corelate gender, and they are distancing himself a bit from perceived femininity with "he/him", they also have "they/them" that would imply an element of non binary identity. So it seems that we have a pretty high profile star, who had made a bit of a name as an out lesbian, coming out as non binary.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 7:12 pm

Speaking of The Umbrella Academy, it looks like we might be getting a trans storyline : https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/umbrell ... ge-coming/

https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb/2020/1 ... y-season-3

Barbotine
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Dec 2020, 5:08 pm

I've never felt any kind of sexual attraction toward a man before Ellen Page's Elliot Page's coming out.

alphaEmpathy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2020, 5:26 pm

I'm not attracted to him because he looks related to one of my sisters. I'm not saying anything about Elliot's passing ability by saying this. I mean the two literally look related.For reference, I have a biological sister and a sister who was originally my and my sister's friend who was unofficially adopted into the family after she was disowned in high school and became homeless. She lived with us for a while until she got an apartment within walking distance from us a year or two ago. I know that even if Elliot is actually related to her, we wouldn't be relatives but it's still weird for me.

Last edited by alphaEmpathy on 12 Dec 2020, 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 5:28 pm

Barbotine wrote:
I've never felt any kind of sexual attraction toward a man before Ellen Page's Elliot Page's coming out.

Elliot Page is a different kind of MILF. Man...

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う