Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2020, 6:44 pm

The ridicule, condescension, and rudeness often exhibited toward us type 2s is regrettably rampant in many autism communities. Most of these communities are run by individuals who have no clinical diagnosis, or are type 1 or higher, and they expect people to read between the lines, understand humor, or else take insults lightly.

I've had some discussions recently with other type 2s who don't feel welcome in autism communities because of these and related issues. Therefore, I've created a thread here specifically for clinically diagnosed type 2s, where we can avoid mockery, ridicule, and condescension. This is for us only; here, we can be ourselves, avoid bannings and disrespectful behavior from those who cannot and will not try to understand us, or support us. If you aren't type 2, there are many other spaces for you; this is for type 2s only.

Carry on.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 11:26 pm

I was diagnosed level 2, and I'll admit I can't find many other people like me. I've been fortunate not to have run into ridicule from the autistic community, only from NTs, which I suspect many here experience, regardless of level.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 1:47 am

I was diagnosed level 2 but I seriously doubt that you are thinking of someone like me. I don't feel that I've been mocked, ridiculed, or condescended to.

It seems you are talking about people with level 2 communication issues.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 7:40 pm

kdm1984 wrote:
The ridicule, condescension, and rudeness often exhibited toward us type 2s is regrettably rampant in many autism communities. Most of these communities are run by individuals who have no clinical diagnosis, or are type 1 or higher, and they expect people to read between the lines, understand humor, or else take insults lightly.

I've had some discussions recently with other type 2s who don't feel welcome in autism communities because of these and related issues. Therefore, I've created a thread here specifically for clinically diagnosed type 2s, where we can avoid mockery, ridicule, and condescension. This is for us only; here, we can be ourselves, avoid bannings and disrespectful behavior from those who cannot and will not try to understand us, or support us. If you aren't type 2, there are many other spaces for you; this is for type 2s only.

Carry on.

Ive run into this but im not clinically diagnosed. But considering i often use humor insult people i dont think im the best fit. Lots of people who are on the higher end of thr spectrum seem to think if they can push through it and live a somewhat normal life everyone else can which frustrates me to no end.
P.S. Type 2 makes me think of diabetes