Page 5 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 3:30 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I am also aware that a lot of media goes the other way in regards to women or AFAB with large breasts, either making it their whole character, or erasing them all together, that women/AFAB with large breasts are either going to have overly sexualised characters or none at all, like they are supposed to be ashamed or something.

Yes. Exactly that! Thank you for putting it into words.
Bradleigh wrote:
...and a gender fluid changeling.

Awesome!! As a genderfluid person who feels like a changeling sometimes myself, that's an amazing idea!

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 3:37 pm

KT67, I had no idea this was a thing at all. Thank you for the insight though. And I don't get it either! I wouldn't drink, ever.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

21 Feb 2021, 4:08 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I have been mapping out a story idea for a while, with a cast of characters that I want to be varied, inclusive and fair represented, and one character I want to be explicitly large chested. I am still not entirely sure how to write this character to make it sure it is made clear she is a buck against the erasure without making it sound like attention is put on to sexualise her, she is also a halfling(hobbit), so something quick could be put in to mention her the size of a child but decidedly not so in certain places. Whether that is too much or too vague, I am not sure. The other will be to write more of her getting attention she does not want who mention things, but not so much that she should feel ashamed.

That second idea of her responding to other characters who comment on or react to her boobs might be a good way to deliberately mention the big boobs without sounding like you're trying to sexualise her.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 10:07 pm

OutsideView wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I wouldn't say men are 'fixated' on women's breast, but the 'interest' is there for a reason.
Evolution has made certain aspects of the anatomy 'interesting' to inspire the mating process.

They taught us in biology that people are turned on by secondary sexual characteristics (those appearing at puberty) so men like boobs and women like beards :lol:

And I prefer clean-shaven women with boobs. 8)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Feb 2021, 2:21 am

Pepe wrote:

Not women with clean-shaven boobs? :mrgreen:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 3:48 am

magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Not women with clean-shaven boobs? :mrgreen:

I'll take anyone, at this stage.
I can't afford to be fussy, at my age. 8O

Did you pick up on my double entendre in my previous post? :scratch:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 9:48 am

It's somewhat concerning that there are a considerable amount of people out there who are unaware of what a uterus looks like. Sometimes I see videos where someone attempts to shame a woman (even when they're an average size or skinny) for being fat because they're not completely flat, but they'll point to where the uterus naturally sticks out on the body. Mistaking it for fat storage. That's not a fat pouch, but the pouch part isn't far off- it's where the uterus is. I've seen people act disgusted when they see a woman wearing more fitted clothes and the uterus becomes more prominent. Even though it only slightly sticks out and that's just what the average female body looks like.

This misconception can be dangerous because some women feel pressured to lose the weight even though, as I've mentioned, it's not fat and forcing it inwards too much can potentially cause health complications. Along with eating disorders from such societal pressures.

Further, women often have more body fat in general (unless you're intentionally adding weight to gain muscle) and how this fat is distributed differs from men. It goes to the thighs, calves, the hips and the chest. Women need a bigger storage of fat in case they're in an emergency situation where food is limited and they are supporting a baby. I know I've met women before who think they're overweight, because they have flab on their calves. That's completely normal and by itself does not mean you are overweight. It's a part of how the body develops.

Of course, every woman is different and I'm focusing on cisgender development here which could be considered an oversimplification. I know personally I am cisgender and I have longer legs and a shorter torso, slightly bigger shoulders than average, and a rectangular shaped tall body, so I often have my body referred to as boyish or androgynous despite looking quite feminine in general. Most of my fat appears to have gone to my thighs and calves despite being otherwise lanky. I am sometimes complimented on my legs.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Feb 2021, 11:41 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I used to find it weird that I did not seem to have the same reaction to only breasts, and had no idea what that meant, like most guys acted like they were more important. Only more recently realised that it was probably because I am bisexual, so I can take them or leave them. I think a lot of confusion is still there.

I am also aware that a lot of media goes the other way in regards to women or AFAB with large breasts, either making it their whole character, or erasing them all together, that women/AFAB with large breasts are either going to have overly sexualised characters or none at all, like they are supposed to be ashamed or something.

I have been mapping out a story idea for a while, with a cast of characters that I want to be varied, inclusive and fair represented, and one character I want to be explicitly large chested. I am still not entirely sure how to write this character to make it sure it is made clear she is a buck against the erasure without making it sound like attention is put on to sexualise her, she is also a halfling(hobbit), so something quick could be put in to mention her the size of a child but decidedly not so in certain places. Whether that is too much or too vague, I am not sure. The other will be to write more of her getting attention she does not want who mention things, but not so much that she should feel ashamed. This up against a trans man half-orc who might punch someone's teeth in for making a comment when they are not covering or binding, and a gender fluid changeling.

Make her complain about clothing!
That's a pain for large-breasted women that has nothing to do with sex: you need T-shirts three sizes too large so they look all baggy on your shoulders and the rest of your body. People have no idea that you have waist etc. because you must wear everything oversize.

Also: running is painful without a three-figure-costing bra and finding the right bra is a challenge even with unlimited budget.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 5:44 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
It's somewhat concerning that there are a considerable amount of people out there who are unaware of what a uterus looks like. Sometimes I see videos where someone attempts to shame a woman (even when they're an average size or skinny) for being fat because they're not completely flat, but they'll point to where the uterus naturally sticks out on the body. Mistaking it for fat storage. That's not a fat pouch, but the pouch part isn't far off- it's where the uterus is. I've seen people act disgusted when they see a woman wearing more fitted clothes and the uterus becomes more prominent. Even though it only slightly sticks out and that's just what the average female body looks like.

This misconception can be dangerous because some women feel pressured to lose the weight even though, as I've mentioned, it's not fat and forcing it inwards too much can potentially cause health complications. Along with eating disorders from such societal pressures.

Further, women often have more body fat in general (unless you're intentionally adding weight to gain muscle) and how this fat is distributed differs from men. It goes to the thighs, calves, the hips and the chest. Women need a bigger storage of fat in case they're in an emergency situation where food is limited and they are supporting a baby. I know I've met women before who think they're overweight, because they have flab on their calves. That's completely normal and by itself does not mean you are overweight. It's a part of how the body develops.

Of course, every woman is different and I'm focusing on cisgender development here which could be considered an oversimplification. I know personally I am cisgender and I have longer legs and a shorter torso, slightly bigger shoulders than average, and a rectangular shaped tall body, so I often have my body referred to as boyish or androgynous despite looking quite feminine in general. Most of my fat appears to have gone to my thighs and calves despite being otherwise lanky. I am sometimes complimented on my legs.

I find women with a small tummy bulge super sexy. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 5:46 pm

magz wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
I used to find it weird that I did not seem to have the same reaction to only breasts, and had no idea what that meant, like most guys acted like they were more important. Only more recently realised that it was probably because I am bisexual, so I can take them or leave them. I think a lot of confusion is still there.

I have been mapping out a story idea for a while, with a cast of characters that I want to be varied, inclusive and fair represented, and one character I want to be explicitly large chested. I am still not entirely sure how to write this character to make it sure it is made clear she is a buck against the erasure without making it sound like attention is put on to sexualise her, she is also a halfling(hobbit), so something quick could be put in to mention her the size of a child but decidedly not so in certain places. Whether that is too much or too vague, I am not sure. The other will be to write more of her getting attention she does not want who mention things, but not so much that she should feel ashamed. This up against a trans man half-orc who might punch someone's teeth in for making a comment when they are not covering or binding, and a gender fluid changeling.

That's a pain for large-breasted women that has nothing to do with sex: you need T-shirts three sizes too large so they look all baggy on your shoulders and the rest of your body. People have no idea that you have waist etc. because you must wear everything oversize.

Also: running is painful without a three-figure-costing bra and finding the right bra is a challenge even with unlimited budget.

A belt wouldn't fix that?

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 11:46 pm

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:

Over a t-shirt? Not unless your pants are very high-rise.

To be fair though, I have no idea what it's like to have big-boob problems. I have the opposite. Mine tend to get lost in clothing. Boobs are nice. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 1:01 am

Fern wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:

Over a t-shirt? Not unless your pants are very high-rise.

The belt doesn't have to have any relationship with the pants.
I.E. The T-shirt is over the pants, not tucked into it.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Feb 2021, 3:21 am

A belt on the top of a T-shirt? It would be a fashion WTF nowadays.
Also, T-shirts tend to be too small in front and too large in back which makes them bulk weirdly.
I'm not really large breasted, rather medium-sized for my demographics, but I have narrow shoulders and non-negligible boobs and that makes shirts behave weird enough.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 4:50 am

I've mentioned it before but the fact that women can propose nowadays but nobody has come up with a masculine engagement ring.

So women are basically asking 'I love you, we should do something we both enjoy btw you owe me a present now'.

I think men ought to be able to be given an engagement ring which suits them or another gift & women who propose shouldn't get rings. I think in same gender couples, whoever proposes shouldn't get the ring, the proposee should be given one or a similar gift they'd like.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Feb 2021, 4:56 am

KT67 wrote:
I've mentioned it before but the fact that women can propose nowadays but nobody has come up with a masculine engagement ring.

So women are basically asking 'I love you, we should do something we both enjoy btw you owe me a present now'.

I think men ought to be able to be given an engagement ring which suits them or another gift & women who propose shouldn't get rings. I think in same gender couples, whoever proposes shouldn't get the ring, the proposee should be given one or a similar gift they'd like.

Hmmm, my friend bought his fiancee an engangement bicycle... maybe we should promote it more? That can be gender-symmetric.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 7:46 am

That’s a really cool gift!

I wish my wife had given me an engagement bicycle!