Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Michaela115
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2007, 9:41 pm

Gaaah! I LOVE heights! I am a crazy thrill-seeker, so it all makes sense!

Seeing as theme parks is the "biggest" of my obsessions, as well.

I can't understand why people hate heights! It's amazing for me, my heart gets racing, all that adrenaline...it's sensory overload that isn't bad! It makes me feel great, I love it!

This picture (taken from the top of Stealth, the 205ft Intamin accelerator rollercoaster, at Thorpe Park) makes me feel so...mad?! I have the urge to be there, right now! I suppose partly because, as I said, I am obsessed with theme parks, rides, etc.

And I apologise if this scares anyone!

And those two other rollercoasters are 100ft high, more or less (the nearest, Nemesis Inferno, is 95ft, and the other one, Colossus, is 98.5ft. The red tower, Detonator, which is my avatar, is 115ft)...but look how dwarfed they look! Incredible!

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2007, 12:04 am

The edge of the Nullabor plain at the Bunda cliffs! The scarey bit is it that they are a long way from anywhere where no one would hear you scream if you fell off.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2007, 3:24 am

paulsinnerchild wrote:
Yes I do fear heights, but I did do bungee jump one time and I am not really sure why I plucked up the courage to do it but I did.

You are braver than I.

I live in one of the premiere bungy jumping places in the world.

Someone offered me a free bungy (because I was transporting their clients to and from the bungy site) and my response was "no way!!" 8O

I get vertigo in high places.

Scramjet
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Aug 2007, 6:58 am

My "attitude towards altitude" depends strongly on the circumstances: I downright enjoy the view from the windows in an aircraft, but if whatever "holds me up there" looks too "open" or "flimsy", I get uneasy at far less than "airplane heights". Especially if there are openings or gaps underneath me, through which I can see the ground waaaaaay below right next to my own feet -- that's downright scary...!

Michaela115

01 Aug 2007, 11:49 am

Scramjet wrote:
My "attitude towards altitude" depends strongly on the circumstances: I downright enjoy the view from the windows in an aircraft, but if whatever "holds me up there" looks too "open" or "flimsy", I get uneasy at far less than "airplane heights". Especially if there are openings or gaps underneath me, through which I can see the ground waaaaaay below right next to my own feet -- that's downright scary...!

Yeah...like on the top of Detonator at Thorpe Park!

I love the ride (my favourite one there), but it's the only one that still scares me to death! When you reach the top, and you wait, and you hear the countdown, and everything and everyone else seems soooo tiny, and your legs are dangling...
But that is also why I love it so much!